Chapter 2

Apartment: should we stay?


21st April 2010

Its been 3months since Sukjin left his wife. Now he is working in one company which suggested by his new neighbour, Eugene. Yes, he became closer to her. He finds she is the one who gave the light when he still in gloom pathway. They enjoyed each other company and spent most of the night dinner and chatting together. They never go beyond that. Although Sukjin able to smile again but he still looking forward to mend his relationship with his wife. Jaesuk seem to be very busy lately that he had rarely pay visit to his friend but he is the happiest person when he know that Sukjin had move forward.

"Eugene yah.." Sukjin called while they having their dinner together.
"Yes oppa?" "I want to introduce you to my other half, my friend..Jaesuk. He is a good guy. I think you would like him." Suddenly Eugene's expression change. She looks disappointed.
"Why Eugene? You told me you live alone right? And i think you should find your happiness also. Beside i never see you around our neighbourhood, meeting with others."
"What are we oppa?" Eugene breaks into tears. Her voice shake a bit. Sukjin never thought that she is having 'beyond friend' feeling.
"Eugene ahh...you know..i'm married. I love my wife..no other woman in my heart. All of this time, you heard my problem you should know why i told you...i thought we..."
"Enough oppa!! You just like other man. I thought you are different. I know you want us to be more than friend but your marriage and that woman is the reason why you not take another step. Am i right?"
Sukjin glared at her, he never thought that this woman had that kind of feeling. He started to feel guilty for let Eugene to have feeling for her and the same time guilty towards his wife. They just kept silent for a moment.
"I think i better make a move now.."eugene left the dining table and before she open the door, she looks towards Sukjin
"Oppa..you will regret it one day. Don't look for me when you been betrayed, i will come to you. I know you better." Then she left. Sukjin just stare at the door and scratched his head.

*****************************************************************************************

Sukjin stared at ceilings above him. He held his fist tightly, try to control his anger. The incident this afternoon still playing in his vision. Indeed, he felt betrayed. For what he had sacrificed seems no longer worth.

Flashback
He was driving to their home. After what happened last night, his conversation with Eugene made his way to this home.he can't sleep at all as he need to see his wife. He want her to know that he still love her.
Sukjin knocked on the door as he rang the doorbell no answer after few tries.
He looks for his key inside the car. Luckily he still left it behind.
"Yeobo.."Sukjin called for his wife once he entered the house. It still early for her to meet her friends or went to her parents' house. Looking at the kitchen he knew his wife is at home currently. As he approaching their bedroom, his wife appeared.
"Oh oppa!" Sukjin watched his wife who is now only covered herself with blanket. Her face is really pale as she saw her husband in front of the room.
"Who is there?!!" Sukjin scream all out from his lungs. His body shaking as he tried to control himself from hitting his wife.
"Oppa..oppa..stop it! I can explain..let me dress first."she hold Sukjin from entering the room as she know her husband might find the guy inside.
"Oh, so now you had to dress for me and undress for other guy?!" Sukjin throw his wife towards the door.
"Ouch! Oppa.." His wife cried in pain, she then kneeled to his feet tried to ask for forgiveness. Sukjin released himself from the touch and left her. His mind and body seem like to explode in a minute.

End of flashback

'If i get him.. I show him the road to the hell!' Sukjin mumbled to himself. There is no more tears to drain only anger and revenge remain inside him.
He went to kitchen and saw few cans of beer still unopened. since three months ago he never touch the drink as the time filled with company. He took it and then he lost into his dreamland.

*****************************************************************************************

Jaesuk turned the knob of the door. He tried to call Sukjin few times since last night but no answer. He started to get worry as he always left his friend recently. As he entered, he saw Sukjin on the couch. Sleeping soundily. He wakes him up.
"Sukjin ah, what happened to you?" After few attempts, Sukjin open his eyes. He tried to remember the reason he left on the couch. Just when he recalled it his face started to change.
"Yah..why your face like that! You scared me. Come, you promise me for a breakfast right?"jaesuk pulled him from the couch.
"She slept with other guy.." Sukjin answered with flat tone.
"What?! Who?" Jaesuk sat next to him
"My wife...sorry, my ex wife now. I hate her!" Jaesuk looks at his face, try to analyzed if it is a prank.
" you see him?" Sukjin shake his head. After the incident, he straight away went home.
"Now what you want to do?" Jaesuk asked him.
" i will file the divorce. Find me the lawyer.." Sukjin get off from the couch.
" are you sure?"
"I made up my mind. Come lets celebrate it!" Jaesuk give him a smile. He wondered if the idea is really come from his friend.

They spent the whole day together like a long lost friend. He told Jaesuk about Eugene and how they end up a fight. Jaesuk knew she was not meant to be with him. He wants Sukjin to make up his feelings towards her but Sukjin wants to settle his divorce matter first.
It was already midnight when both Jaesuk and Sukjin reach Sukjin's apartment. both of them was drunk after visit to a club but Jaesuk still able to help Sukjin to his apartment. He opened the door for him and put his friend on his bed. He closed the door behind and decide to rest on the couch. After few minutes, he felt asleep.
'Leave him!' Jaesuk opened his eyes slowly as he heard a scream from a lady quite near to his ear.
He turn to his side. "Arghh!!!" Jaesuk scream as he see a lady with long hair, red eyes and white face. she gave a sharp stare towards him. She was all white and as he tried to get up from the couch, he saw that lady not touch the ground. he realized she is getting closer to him but he unable to move as he felt like somebody pinned him down.
"What do you want?"Jaesuk ask her while close his eyes tightly. He can felt the coldness in front of him
"Leave him! He is mine!" that lady shout it loud. The voice become harsh than earlier.
"Who are you to reject me as his friend?"Jaesuk opened his eyes. Now he had the courage to look in front.
"Don't call yourself as his friend. I know him better." Now she holding Jaesuk's neck. In a second, she already strangled his neck around
"What..do..you..want?" Jaesuk tried to release from the grip. He gasped for air.
"Leave him!! Or else you will regret!" Thelady shout it loud until he can hear the echo all over the house.
It was then Jaesuk wake from his sleep. He is sweating maybe because of the nightmare. He was looking around, nobody is there. It is already dawn time. His heart beating fast.
'That lady? Is it real? Why am i feeling like this?' He touched his neck and then he realized there is scratch mark at both side of his neck when he look into the mirror.
'Leave him..' The voice echoing in his mind.
Jaesuk quickly gather his things and left the house. A lady sitting on the dining table just watch him leaving and gave a smirk. She laugh softly to her victory but able to be heard by Jaesuk when he walk to the elevator.

******************************************************************************************

7th May 2010

Sukjin still hesitated. He stood in front of the unit next door. Its been few days since he met Eugene. Jaesuk also didn't reply any message or calls. He felt lonely. He need someone to talk to.
'Should i? Should not?' His hand already reach the doorbell but not press it.
'Don't look for me when you been betrayed, i will come to you. I know you better' suddenly he remember those words. He steps back and turn towards his door.
Suddenly the door open, Sukjin turn back and he saw a lady around early 30s preparing to left the house. She startled to see Sukjin in front of her door.
"Yes?" she asked politely
"Er.. I want to see Eugene. Is she inside? I'm from next door,"
"Eugene? Sorry, but i think you made a mistake. This is my house and i leave alone." The answer make Sukjin gave her a weird look.
"Oh..are you new here? Because she said this is her house,"
"But i leave here for 2years already. Sorry, i should pay you visit earlier but you know..being a teacher..got lot of works to do with students."
"Hmm..maybe i heard her wrongly. Sorry for disturbing you. i guess you in rush. Nice to meet you," Sukjin exchange bow with the lady.
Sukjin watched as the lady left to the elevator. He started to feel strange inside. He never went to Eugene's house before but as long as he remember Eugene told him that she is from next door. As been so confused right now, he just spend the rest of the day at home.