{01}

The Father of My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sooyoung

 

I smiled as I see Jungsu slide down the slide. I look around, seeing other children playing. Closing my eyes, the soft breeze dances through my hair. 

"Umma, can we have ice cream please, you promised?" I opened my eyes, seeing Jungsu in front of me. 

I chuckled. "Fine, but after you wash your hands," I said. He excitedly nodded his head, making me laugh. I stood up from the bench, giving out my hand for him to take it. 

Once we arrived at our destination, I went to the bathroom to wash Jungsu's hands and face before he ate. "Jungsu, what flavor do you want?" I asked him.

He put his finger on his chin and thought before he happily answered, "Chocolate!" 

We sat down and ate our ice cream. I laughed, while watching him eat his ice cream; he was gulping it all down as if it was the end of the world tomorrow.

"Jungsu," I called out. He looked up, confused, with bits of ice cream on his face. "Eat slowly," I said, getting tissues wiping his mouth.

"I'll try, but no promises," he grinned. I shot him a dirty look, causing him grin even more.

"Just eat your ice cream," I mumbled.

Hours passed by and it was 8:18 pm. "Jungsu, you need to go to sleep," I called from the kitchen.

"But umma, this is a new episode of Pororo!" He complained, his eyes still strained on the TV.

"You can watch it tomorrow."

"But I wanna watch it right now!"

"Well too bad, you have school tomorrow," I defended as I finished washing the dishes.

"Bu-"

Before he continued, I interrupted. "No, you're going to bed," I said sternly.

"Bu-"

"No buts." He groaned as he turned off the TV and lazily slid off the couch. "Jungsu.."

"Okay, okay, umma," he obliged, standing up.

I grinned in victorious. "Now, let's brush your teeth."

After he brushed his teeth, he climbed into bed as I took out a chair, putting it beside him and sat on it. I took his covers pulling them up for him as he made himself comforable.

"Umma."

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

He stayed silent for a minute before he spoke. "Where's appa?"

It was my turn to stay silent. I cleared my throat before speaking, "He's at a better place now," I slowly answered.

"Umma, you always say that."

"And you always say that."

"But..where?"

I sighed. "Somewhere far from here." The room became quiet for a couple of seconds until I broke it. "You should go to sleep."

He pouted. "Can I at least hear a story?"

"What kind of story?"

"Any," he said, smiling.

I smiled back. "Well, I think I have one in mind." He clapped his hands and waited for the story to be heard.

I cleared my throat before telling my story. "Once upon a time, there was sixteen-year-old girl who was in highschool. She was a sophomore and during the middle of the year, there was a new kid. The girl numerously heard rumors going on that new kid was coming, but to be honest, she didn't care one bit. It's the same old, same old, always finding out the 'new kid' always turned out to be a spoiled, unmodest brat, well, that's what the girl thought. As days passed on, the girl realizess it's a boy and how he somehow gets popular. Now what I mean by 'popular' is girls, all girls except for one that hasn't been fangirling over him. The teenaged girl gets annoyed as females crowd over to the new kid. While each day went on, the girl notices something, she never knew what he looked like. Now, you're probably wondering on how so many days passed, but she never noticed him. That's right, that shows how much she didn't care. You can just say she likes to keep things for herself, but then she did something that shocked her. For the first time in her life, she was curious, curious about someone. Now in school, the girl didn't have that many friends since most people were afraid to approach her. She was always quiet, had a pokerface on, which meant, she never smiled. Her parents loved her dearly, but there was one problem, they were always busy. They were so busy, they didn't have time to take care of their sixteen-year-old girl. She mostly spent home alone everyday, making her food, doing the chores all alone. Judging from all of this, you can tell she was an outcast, a lonely one."

"Umma, does that mean she has no siblings?" Jungsu asked.

I slowly nodded. "Sadly."

He pouted. "I feel bad."

I chuckled. "Don't worry, it's just a story. Now let me continue." He then pushed himself up onto the bed, ready to hear more.

"So the teenaged girl's daily routine still goes on each day, until this day came...."

I ran towards the school as I try to get my shoes perfectly on. I cursed as I wondered why my alarm didn't go off this morning, and my parents couldn't wake me up because they already left before even I did. I hate my life. I suddenly remembered I had first period with Mr. Kim which made me groan. I sighed. He's gonna kill me if I'm late. I finally arrived at school, and knowing they won't let me in without a parent, I quickly went around the school building. I see a gate, I quickly climbed and jumped off. I took a breath before straightening out my uniform and ready to go. 

As I a sneakily walked into the hallway, I noticed it was 20 more minutes before first period was over. I secretly grinned to myself and thought, why go to class when there's 20 minutes left? I decided to randomly find an empty room and sit there, playing on my phone. I walk carefully, looking if there was any empy classroom. Without looking, I bumped into someone, knocking their stuff out of their hands.

"I'm sorry," we both said. We two looked up at the same time.

The guy's eyes widen when he saw me "I-I'm sorry," the guy said, looking down.

I blinked,  finally getting back to reality. "It's okay, I was the one who didn't see you," I quickly explained.

"Then I guess it's both of our faults," he said, smiling.

I slightly smiled. "Sure." I soon remembered about his belongings and picked them up.

"It's okay, you don't have to," he told, also picking his things up.

"But I did," I replied, giving it to him.

He smiled at me. "Thank you."  

"So, where are you going?" I asked.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Well..I'm having trouble finding the media center since this is a big school," he confessed, looking embarrassed.

I laughed to see him look a little shock. I honesly felt like he was judging my laugh. Do I sound weird? "Are you new?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Well, I came here a few weeks ago," he shrugged.

It then dawn to me, he's the new kid..The new kid everyone was talking about, the one who keeps being crowded by his little fangirls. I stood there for about a minute with a surprised look on my face. He tilted his head making me come back.

"Sorry," I  pursed my lips.

"It happens." 

"Just take a left from here and take another one. Go right, you should be there easily."

"Thanks, I felt like I was gonna die trying to find it. I need to go because I somehow need this book for Chemistry. You?"

"Umm.. I just needed to use the bathroom," I lied.

"Oh.." was all he said.

It was an awkward silence. I observed time was ticking and spoke, "I guess I need to go and hurry before I miss second period," I stated, looking around.

"Oh, yeah, that's right," I could've sworn he looked dissapointed, but I just shrugged it off, not believing it.

"But we're in the same grade right?" His eyes looked into me.

I nodded. "Why?"

"Can I ask who's older?"

"Well, how old are you?"

"Fifteen."

"Sixteen."

"Ahh, so you're my noona then," he realised.

"So, I guess you're that smart to be in this grade, huh?" I teased.

He stood up proudly "Yup."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever you say." He grinned, showing his charming smile. "I guess I'll see you around," I confirmed.

"You too,"  he agreed, getting his stuff together.

I raised an eyebrow. "Shouldn't you call me noona?"

He had a mocking smile "Nah."

I tilted my head "And why's that?"

"Because," he responded, standing up ready to leave. He thought for a while before responding, "It doesn't sound right," he confessed, with yet again, a teasing smile. He turned around, his back facing to me as he walked away. 

My mouth opened a little."Hey!" I almost shouted.

He stopped to glance at me. "See you around," he says, grinning.

I rolled my eyes at his silliness. I took my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder. As I walk, I didn't notice the smile that appeared because of a certain kid.

As I was about to continue on, I looked at Jungsu who was quietly sleeping. I softly smiled and stood up trying to make him more comforable. I lastly, took his covers and pulled them closer to him. Before I left, I kissed his forehead and walked over to the door. While slowly turning off the lights, I watched him and carefully closed the door.

I went up to my room to get ready for bed so I'll be able to wake up early in the morning to work at the CEO building, doing all these research that I honestly hate to do. Once I was done getting ready and set my alarm clock, I slipped under my covers feeling the coldness. My finger switched the lamp off as I turned to my right side of the bed. My mind began to wander off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter