Insider

Master Theif

"Well well, if it isn't my good friend Yongguk. His are you doing. Still hibernating in that gloomy apartment of yours?" Himchan answer the phone gleefully. 

"We should eat lunch together sometime," Yongguk replied.

"You? Eat lunch? I know this isn't about lunch? I doubt you called me for lunch."

"Youre right. I wanted some info for a case I'm working on."

"heh. Now this is the Bang Yongguk I know, the workaholic. As always my terms are the same. No big fish involved and no connection to ME left behind. If a small fish manages to catch a bigger one make sure no one finds out I'm the string. So what info do you need for this case?"

"Do you know Daehyun?"

Himchan raised an eyebrow. "Daehyun the thief. I thought you didn't work cases that were loud in the public?"

"I have my reasons, and you didn't answer the question."

"Everyone in this circle knows Daehyun. You can sort of say... For them, it's personal. What reason is there?"

"What do you mean by the circle of crime lords know him personally?"

"whose not answering whose question now, Bang Yongguk! He's not just wanted by the police. Dae doesn't just troll the public protectors but also the ones on the other side. Mafia bosses, corrupt politicians or CEOs. He has way too much fun playing with fire everywhere he goes."

Yongguk paused for a second. "By chance, is he connected to Zico or Soho's gangs?"

"Connected as in being wanted then yeah. Connected as in scheming together, than no."

"If it's like that, then it's fine."

"What is this all about? Why do you sound relieved Daehyun isn't in their gangs?"

"So you don't know anything else about Daehyun?"

"He's a lone wolf. Even if he trades stolen items with others, the chances of running into him or contacting him is entirely up to him."

"Ok. Anyways, thanks for the info."

"no problem. You owe me a real dinner though. Prepare to pay up when I decide to call up,"

Before hanging up, Yongguk said, "I'm hlad your doing well. Be sure not to get to caught up on that end."

Himchan was an detective insider working in the underground world. It's been about three years since he started. A lot of lines began to blur and Himchan wasn't sure whether some of the things done were of the heart of an insider or of his own heart. Even so, he swore he wouldn't stop until they were able to catch the big 5.

In this world, he worked alone and has acclaimed a type of respected reputation. His job was as a mediator between multiple gangs. Whatever transactions between gangs that either disliked each other or couldn't trust each other went through him. In this method he was able to create connections with most of the major players in the underground world.

Being a line wolf in a place surround by many rival packs was dangerous. However he could show no fear nor weakness.

The only person in the underground he created a personal connection with was Daehyun. Two lone wolves naturally became friends.

Himchan didn't tell Yongguk about this though. While he is working undercover as a police detective, Daehyun was never his objective. Himchan felt entitled to at least have some leeway for his sacrifices. Daehyun to him was like a younger brother in a dirty world.

Himchan was probably one of the only people to have the master thief's number.

 

-------

note: there's 5 gangs but I couldn't decide what kpop groups to use. For now there bb and exo but I might change them later.