Report

Master Theif

"According to the eyewitness reports of the princess's friends, none of them had met Daehyun before that night. Thinking that she was probably amongst the guests, they unknowingly became friends with him quite quickly. The princess herself said that it was one of the few times she made a friend so quickly. In other words, that cross dressing bastard got close to the princess and her friends to steal the King's crown." Zelo was reading the reports to the force on the incident yesterday.

"This is what the cameras caught as well as some of the photos from photographers that were focusing on the princess caught."

On the screen was Daehyun dancing with the princess.

"Huh? I don't see anything?! I don't see him anywhere!" An office said confused.

Zelo rolled his eyes and used his lazer to point, "this is the disguise Daehyun used."

The force were in awe and then mentally punched themselves.

"Yeah, right? Who knew the handsome thief could also be this beautiful." Zelo said sarcastically.

"You ed up too!" one of the officers said.

Zelo rolled his eyes again and played the cctv of the second floor. It showed Daehyun climbing in through a window right behind one of their men. That person was surprised by Daehyun but had ignored it because a pretty girl was looking at him.

"Okay okay. Lets not focus on blame and remember what we've learned from this incident," the chief announced.

He side-eyed Yongguk smoking in the corner and Yongguk started coughing.

The chief continued, "We all ed up this time. We ed up bad. Luckily the king doesn't care for the crown and is happy his family is safe but we did up bad. Take a break while we wait for the next letter."

The officers dispersed. Zelo and the chief went up to Yongguk. Yongguk couldn't look the chief in the eyes and Zelo ws wondering why the he was being uncharacteristically polite around the chief. It was silent until the chief started laughing. "Ah ha ha ha! And here I thought you were dead down there?"

Yongguk then relaxed and chuckled. "You should worry about yourself old man."

Zelo was confused.

"Ah. Imperfection just means we can still improve" the chief patted Yongguk on the shoulder and walked away.

Yongguk smiled then went back to his poker face and went back to his apartment\office. They didn't bother filling Zelo in on what wasn't written in the report.

 

A few weeks went by. Usually a new letter would've come by now but it didn't. The police were puzzled and were waiting for the letter.

Officer Seo:" arg what if he's robbing placed right now while we just sitting here waiting for a stupid letter?!"

Zelo:" just be patient. If he was going to pull another heist he'd send it. And even if he did robbed places, we would have known by now."

Youngjae:" but what if this is what he meant by changing things up?"

Zelo:" do you not know anything about the criminal we've been dealing with for a whole year now?!"

Yongguk had been silently listening to the conversation. During the time the letter didn't come, he had went over ever case, every entrance, diversion, and escape route from piecing together information the police had and from that Jung reporter's site. He was ready to face him again but Daehyun continued to confused him. What exactly is he thinking? Is this another method of his tricks to play with the police?

"A letter and video came!" an officer excitingly exclaimed.

 They played the video.

"Hello ...~" Daehyun said sheeply.

 He cleared his throat and continued, "Sorry for the sudden absence. I was too busy to give you guys an update but I promise I will give you guys another letter someday. For now though, I will be taking a break to focus on other things. You know.."school", "family", and you know life things. Anyways, we won't be seeing each other for a while, aren't you guys sad?"

He said sad mockingly, "But don't worry, I will be back eventually. So bye now~" The video ended.

The letter read, "Congradualations! Because you guys so much at catching me, I ran out of time to play with you guys. Enjoy the next few months of not being in the news about your incompetency. Enjoy the break while you can~"

"Damnit, now he's gonna get away just like that." Zelo said frustrated.

 "What now?" The chief asked Yongguk.

"Daehyun put emphasis on the words school, family, and life things. He's either making fun of us for knowing nothing about his background or he's baiting us... Or..."

"Or..?" Zelo asked.

"Or he meant it and actually has those things..."

 "You think he's in a college or university or something?"

 "Or he was just ing around with those words and didn't mean any of them."

 "That still doesn't answer the question. What do we do now?" The chief asked.

"For now... You get a break" he gestured towards Zelo and then walked of the station. Zelo was going to follow him but the chief stopped him.

" you heard him. For now take a break and wait for the letter"

"But-"

 "Whatever Yongguk is thinking of doing, he clearly doesn't want you there." The chief pat Zelo a couple time on the shoulder. "He'll call when he needs you."

Yongguk came home to his apartment and sat silently for a while. He then dialed a number. "Hello? Himchan?"

 

 

------ 

guys, I'm so sorry! I had this chapter finished months ago but I forgot to uncheck the draft button! Please forgive this slow updater!