Throwing the Bait

Master Theif

A new letter and video was sent!

All the officers were tense as they put they played the video. Yongguk enter the room.

'So he only shows his face when Daehyun does huh?' Yongjae noted while checking to see Zelo's reaction. Of course Zelo was 100% focused on the video.

The screen was blank and there was no sound for 20 seconds making the officers wonder if something was wrong with the video. They highered the volume in case the audio was low. Then Daehyun yelled loudly making some stumble in surprize. 

While Yonnguk was serious, he couldn't help but smirk when he saw the master thief's face.

"It's been a while hasn't it guys? While I thought I left you all blessed, there's been trouble in paradise hasn't there?"

"How do I know? I didn't watch the news till recently. How I found out was with a run in with this new thief."

The officers including Yongguk were shocked. The two thieves had run into one another while the police had no lead on the new thief.

"let's see. This thing here," Daehyun showed a fragment of the jewel he broke earlier. "Was something I stole from that creep!"

"I only have this piece because after I broke the original neckalace I sent it to him. That right. I found where he lives through his license plate number and sent him mail! He probably doesn't live there anymore though~."

"But I'm the only one that knows what he looks like or have seen him in action!"

Daehyun paused and had a mischievous grin.

"how about we play a new game? Who will catch this guy first? I'll make it worth your wild. If you fools catch him first, I'll turn myself in. You have two thieves caught for the price of one. Of course, it'd only because I'd be so undeserving of freedom if I lost to you idiots." Daehyun hand his arms out.

"Right now I have the upper hand. Should I even out the playing field? He has p- ... Heh. I earned the info on my own. Of course it's fair. Well then. The next time we meet is when I hand you guys a gift or wrap myself up as a gift. If not, then we won't wver meet again and you'll have two thief running loose."

"bye bye now" Daehyun waved them goodbye.

The letter just had a picture of a hand giving the L sign.

"love?" An officer asked confused. 

"It can also mean loser in another language," Youngjae said.

Zelo was both embarrassed and tense. Even without speaking to the chief and Yongguk he ran our the door.

"hey kid-" the chief didn't get to question where he was going.

"Where did he go all of a sudden?" The chief pondered.

"He's probably thinking the same as me. Were sitting ducks until we get more info. I would've ignore the new thief but it loos like I don't have a choice now. I'm going to take a look at the crime scenes of the reported missing jewels." Yongguk then left right away.

 

As Zelo expected. There he was, Reporter Jung at their cafe. This time though, Zelo wanted to see him for Daehyun more than the reporter himself.