Change the Game

Master Theif

 

Zelo was so bummed out. Daehyun had successfully gotten away last night. Zelo didn't even see him. Not only that, the news reports weren't pretty and now he had to write down his own report of last night. He also heard something about Yongguk turning in a raw fish as evidence? He wasn't sure if this was either a rumor or Yongguk making fun of them.

"This !!!!" Youngjae said their thoughts out loud. "Just wait till I get to interrogate that face of your Daehyun!!!"

 Daehyun had uploaded a "proof" shot of him and the stolen goods as per usual. It didn't annoy the police any less even if they were used to it.

Yongguk came into the station. He already dropped by a couple times earlier for files.

 "Why don't you just stay and work here?" Zelo asked halfheartedly.

"I don't need people complaining their thoughts out loud when I'm trying to think." Yongguk answered bluntly.

 "A new video and letter came in!" An officer exclaimed.

 They played the video on the screen. The stolen item was the backdrop to Dae's video.

 "Hello~" Daehyun waved. "Last night was something wasn't it?" He gestured to the neckalace.

"I'm r- eeeeealy sorry I assumed you all were idiots" he paused staring at the camera for a moment. Then he chuckled and said "but who could blame me, everyone else thinks that too. Heh."

 He moved off screen for a moment and brought out a pillow fish and hugged it. "I hope you guys eat well. Especially you hobo detective sir, it'd be a waste of this thing otherwise~"

 "Hobo sir..?" Everyone muttered quietly.

"Oh! It wouldn't be smart of me to give Hobo ajashii my next location now would it. I'm so scared I'm going to get caught~" he said mockingly.

"Since I've been getting predictable I'm going to change things up a bit. Bye!~" The video shut off. The video was turned back on to a close up of the fish pillows face. Then it turned off again.

"I assume he's referring to you." The chief said. Yongguk was chuckling. He was probably the only one who found this situation funny.

 "We'll at least it shows your interested."

 "What does the letter say?"

 The letter had neat hand writing containing the words: stealing princess.

"It's spares compared to usual.." Zelo frowned.

 "He's still playing a game. He's going to get caught in his own game." Yongguk said confidently.

"Okay. Find out locations or valuables containing the name princess. Zelo you go with Yongguk to his office and assist him."

 Yongguk's office was dim and filled with papers on Daehyun. His wall had pins and notes going through each heist the police had info on. When Zelo saw last nights heist on the wall,  it suddenly struck him. Yongguk knew Daehyun's plan beforehand.

 "Why didn't you tell us what he was going to do if you knew?"

 "I couldn't be sure until I confirmed it myself."

 "We would've caught him if you had told us. Didn't chief day we were suppose to work as a team."

 "Listen kid. We're suppose to help each other yes but more people doesn't necessarily mean more help. If the police knew where he was going to be he would know right away and would have taken a different route."

 "Still, you could've told me or taken a gun and just caught him yourself!"

 "He's a dirty thief. His tatics match his job describition but he hasn't taken a life throughout the 129 heists we know he's commited. Hes a dirty thief but hes not the filthiest of all the ers out there. I'm not going to shoot at someone unless a life is in danger. Do you really want him dead kid? Besides, do you really think that's the only way to catch him?"

 Zelo was speechless. He never really thought of what he would do once he actually faced the thief. Sure the thief pissed him and his colleges to no end but yet again Yongguk had a point he couldn't argue against. He then realized this is why Yongguk didn't want to work with the others. He had his reasons for doing things others might not understand.

 "Let's not waste time and focus on solving the puzzle"

 They worked and thought through multiple possible locations. "Princess princess princess..."

 "Repeating that isn't going to help"

 "Your probably repeating it in your brain too." Zelo said snarky.

 Zelo sighed and thought out loud "if Daehyun wasn't a thief, the first princess I can think of is our actual princess because her birthday is coming up..."

 "An actual princess?" Yongguk said with interest.

 "Yeah.." Zelo replied lifelessly. He then sat up as their eyes met as if communicating telepathically. "It can't be... Daehyun doesn't kidnap people..!" Zelo said in disbelief.

 "He might not be, but he said he was going to change things up. Even if he doesn't plan to kidnap the princess he might steal something at the princess's party. Either way it looks like we have to be there."

 Zelo's phone rang. "Hello"

"Zelo~"

 Yongguk normally wouldn't ease drop but something about that tone took his interest.

 "Reporter Jung?"

 "I'm hungry... Lets eat dinner together?~" Zelo cheeks turn slight red which Yongguk notices.

 "No! I'm not giving you any info on Daehyun!"

 "But I'm hungry...."

 "Okay fine... But we're just eating. I'll meet you at the usual place."

 "Okay see you there~" Zelo hung up and sat in silence to compose himself.

 "That person is...?"

 "Oh, it's reporter Jung" Zelo replied.

 "Reporter Jung..."

 "Everyone on the team knows him though.. not everyone likes him. There's a lot of info on Daehyun on his site so you can check it out sometime." Yongguk raised an eyebrow.

 "He's a... Reporter that gets evidence the police might even miss. He's um very dedicated on reporting the case on Daehyun." Zelo left in a hurry as if embarrassed by someone else being embarrassing.

 Yongguk went to the site. It was filled with rather obscure shaking camera videos. It wasn't very organized by its contents. Who knows what each video actually showed. But it was throughout indeed. Each site of robbery was filmed, though not in order. While this info could be helpful it would take time to go through. There are a couple days before the princess party and Yongguk had to figure out what Daehyun was planning.