The Infamous Theif

Master Theif

Master thief Daehyun, master of trickery, master of stealth. Those were the titles he was known as by the public. But to the police he was someone who keeps making fools out of them.

Everytime he robbed things he left behind grafitti and video messages of him teasing the police. He never hid his face and made sure to deliberately leave evidence of his being there. The police have never been able to catch him. These days he even sends letter hints to the police making a mockery out of them.

The public was well aware with the fact that the police constantly failing to catch Daehyun. In a way he was an infamous thief everyone knew about, from elders to children. It didn't help that he was boldly active on social media sites and still couldn't be traced or caught. He was savy with what evidence to leave behind and when and where to erase his tracks. The police despised him even more so because, well, quite frankly he was rediculously handsome. To say he has fans would be an understatement.

At the police station:

"You stupid old men will never catch oppa!" And then the three teenagers ran off.

"This again? That annoying Daehyun.. You girls shouldn't be supporting a criminal!" Zelo yelled after them.

"It can't be helped... We let him run loose on sns with the hopes of tracing him someday, meanwhile he posts selcas and flirts with all our young naive females on twitter. He has 600k followers, isn't that absurd?!" Youngjae replied.

 Youngjae and Zelo had only joined the police force for a year now. They had trained prior, only to come when the police was not looked favorably by the public and plagued with the thorn called Daehyun.

A video message came in and was displayed on the big screen. It was the devil thief they all dreaded.

"I'm so sad," Daehyun pouted. "You guys didn't solve the letter I gave you last time... You see this?" He held up a jewel necklace that is without a doubt worth more than all their salaries combined.

"Guess where I stole this from~" he said teasingly. "Well, since you didn't solve the puzzle it was like I was robbing an emprt house. I made it obvious, so you guys should be able to find out where I stole it from. You guys probably wouldn't be able to find it otherwise."

The chief and officer watched solemnly.

"Oh~ and if you wanna catch me, my next heist is the Hwa Museum ~ bye now~" The video ended.

 That damn handsome bastard, Zelo thought.

 "Chief."

 "Unit 2 find out where the previous robbery was, the rest of us are headed to Hwa museum."

They arrived at the museum. They entered to secure the place only to be met with tripwire and buckets of raw fish being dumped in there heads. A video was then projected onto the lobby wall.

"Looks like you guys caught a big catch huh?" He laughed obnoxiously by himself.  "Thanks for coming~" he smirked waved and then the video stopped.

"That damn bastard! He's playing with us again!" Zelo bursted into anger.

"Spread out and secure the place!" The chief announced. The place Zelo was assigned was the lobby while Youngjae was assigned a balcony on the second floor.

 "Looks like I'm gonna have to call some outside forces for this one," the chief stated.

 "Is it that one detective you talked about before?" Zelo asked.

"Yup.." He pulled out his cell and dialed a number. "Bang..."

 Some 30 minutes later a man in an old dull colored trench coat with messy long hair and unshaved face enter the lobby. The chief greeted him before Zelo almost end up kicking him out thinking he was a random hobo.

"Zelo this is Bang Yongguk. This is Junhong or Zelo. " Zelo felt uncomfortable with this guys imtimidated atmosphere.

 "Bang, we asking you for a favor but I hope you can depend on us because we're working as a team. If you need anything at least ask Zelo here. He's been on the case since the beginning."

 "You mean the several hundred cases?" Yongguk finally spoke.

"Right..." The chief coughed out of embarrassment. It annoyed Zelo that even if he was the chiefs friend, he would humiliate the chief like this. "Zelo I leave assisting Bang to you."

 "But-"

 "He is a good detective Zelo, I'm sure you'll learn a lot helping him." With that the chief left.

"So....what about the case have you been informed of so far?" Zelo asked.

 Yongguk took a moment before he spoke. " Master thief Daehyun who makes fools out of the police. Other than what is know by the general public that is all I know," he replied and lit a cigarete.

 "What...?" Zelo said confused.

"I only care about cases that I'm working on, and this case I just started today. Besides, with how long the police has left this guy run amuck, I highly doubt you guys know much more about this master thief.." Zelo was offended but couldn't really argue anything Yongguk said.

 Yongguk started looking around the lobby, he then went and checked the other rooms and floors, Zelo followed him because the lobby had at least five watchmen.

"So what do you think?" Zelo asked while watch yongguk search the second floor lobby that overlooked the lobby.

"Tripwires and fish. Juvenile. "

 Click.

The video from before started replaying on the lobby wall suprised most of the police that could see and hear it. "Looks like you guys caught a big catch huh?" Yongguk analysized the video as it played. This was his first time really looking at Daehyun for he never took interest in anything besides his cases. Black hair, eyeliner, well dressed, overconfident smirk and a playful cheeky talker. When the video stopped he replayed it.

 "Um.. Can you not do that here, I don't think the others would like it" Zelo said interrupting his analysis of the video message. "Beside... I don't think this video is going to help anyways"

 "Why's that" Yongguk questioned.

 "Well...The museum's security guards had aparently been knocked out at some point last night. The museum is closed today. If he wanted to steal something he already would have.. So he is either diverting the police force away from his true goal or just wanted to use this place to prank us." Zelo said.

"Is that what you think?"

 "We'll..."

 "Not a bad analysis. I can see why the chief sees potential in you but I disagree"

 "Huh?"

 "From what I've been told daehyun sends out hints of his next heist correct?"

 "Yes, we'll.. He's not just a master thief but a master of trickery. Half of the places we know he's stolen from he tricked his way in as guard or visitor. He started sending us hints but he only used letters and he's never sent us exact locations of his next heist, just cry pict messages that could be any of many locations."

 "That may be true... But what I see isn't just someone that pranks the police. The traps and planning he does is elaborate. He has evaded the police so much he started making it obvious when he has stolen something. He shamelessly shows his face for everyone to see. Now he sends hint letters . What's to say he isn't going to step it up even more. What I see is someone that is overconfident and someone who finds this all one big game. I don't think he just used this museum to prank the police force. He's going to test us and himself with this heist."

 Zelo was amazed at how much insightYongguk  gather through a little amount of time.

"Bye kid." Yongguk started walking towards the exit.

 "Wait what?" Zelo chased after him. "Aren't you helping us catch daehyun?"

" My job is to catch him not guareentee this place won't be rob. That's your job, I'll call if I need anything." Zelo was speechless.

 Yongguk and reporter Jung had passed by one another outside the museum.

 "Zelo-ah~"

 Yongguk paused and turned around for a moment. It must've been his imagination. He then continued walking.

 "Oh god. So you really have to come here too?" Youngjae yelled from the balcony at the pink haired reporter that started filming the place.

"Hey your not suppose to be IN here to say the least." Zelo said as he turned the shorter around and out the museum.

"but Zelo, rumor has it this is the next location master thief Daehyun is striking" reporter Jung said hammy.

 "Even so, you can't be here" Zelo said firmly.

"Okay bye" Jung said in the tune Anna from frozen did.

 "Will you get out the way already reporter Jung?!" Youngjae from the second floor balcony yelled. Jung ran off.

"You really dislike him don't you" Zelo said started to converse with Youngjae from below.

"Those bastard reporters are no different from those dumb teenagers. They glorify a thief while shutting on the police and profiting from incidents that they don't genuinely care about." Youngjae ranted.

 "Well.. Jung is not as bad as them.. He's an independent web reporter that's only been covering the Daehyun cases. Besides he's never written an article on the police once, just on daehyun."

 "You mean obsessive fanboy pretend reporter wannabe!"

 "He's not that bad! Besides, doesn't he always find evidence the police misses?"

 "That makes us look even worse you know..." Youngjae sulked.

 Youngjae knew Zelo had a point but he also knew Zelo took a liking to the reporter. The reporter was cute,and yes, he never asked the police those annoying questions like the broadcast news stations did. He was polite to the police but something amount him made Youngjae unable to like him, he just couldn't tell why.