Sweet Treats

Purrrfect

The best time of the day was always when Youngjae and Daehyun received their treats. Once a day, Junhong would rattle with the little box of cat treats and in the speed of light, his two cats would stand in front of his feet, their eyes big with anticipation.

Junhong really loved cats. As soon as he moved into his own apartment, he had gotten the first kitten, Youngjae. He simply loved the warmth of them and soon enough, he thought it would only be fair to get a buddy for Youngjae. So When Youngjae had been merely half a year old, he grabbed the chance when he had been offered to take care of Daehyun as well.

The cats were sleeping on a large pillow that Junhong had gotten for them. They looked so peaceful how their little bodies lifted with every breath they took. First he had been worried if the cats would get along since they were both male. But his worries had faded away very quickly. They were cuddling so close as if they were one, just as always. Right from the start, Youngjae had accepted the kitten and ever since then, Daehyun was glued to the older cat, following him with every step.

As Junhong didn't want to wake the cats, he focused on his studies for now. He studied for a few hours, until his stomach started grumbling and with a thigh, he went to the kitchen to warm up the fried rice he had made for lunch.

And where ever there was food, the cats were circling around his feet.

Meow,” came from his left and Junhong looked into the bright blue eyes of Daehyun. Junhong put a piece of chicken in his mouth and watched how the kitten his mouth.

Meow,” came from his other side and he almost laughed out loud when Youngjae had finally woken from his beauty sleep, attracted by the smell of his food.

You can't eat that,” Junhong said and kept eating.

Meow,” Youngjae lifted his palms, leaning against the chair. He wasn't quite big enough to reach Junhong's thigh yet.

No,” Junhong cooed and started the cat's fluffy fur. Youngjae's eyes closed and he leaned into the touch.

Meow,” Daehyun whined on the other side. Junhong chuckled and got up, searching for the box with cat treats. When he found it, he started shaking the box and the cats came rushing to him, their tails up high in the air.

Junhong tilted the box until a few fell into his palm. He put them on the floor gently, 2 for Daehyun and 3 for Youngjae. As always, Daehyun gobbled down his share quickly whilst Youngjae took his time to enjoy the treats.

Daehyun his lips and, greedy as he was, he stretched his paw and stole the last treat of the older cat. Youngjae growled and slashed at the kitten, who ran away quickly.

Meow,” Youngjae whined, looking even moodier than he naturally did. Junhong patted his head comfortingly and took out 2 more treats for the cat.

Before the kitten could come and thieve his food again, Youngjae munched them quickly and got back on his favourite pillow with a feeling of satisfaction in his tummy.