Endings And Beginnings

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[LAST CHAPTER- WARNING: EXTREMELY LONG CHAPTER]

 

Chapter 058: Endings and Beginnings

 

It is Saturday morning. Yixing wonders about every decision he has taken that has led him to this moment. That has led him to Eunsul. She sits on his desk, typing and scrolling through her laptop, while he watches her from his bed. She’s wearing nothing but his shirt and though it would usually be provocative, it makes his chest feel fuzzy.

“Good morning, bunny,” she says. She looks beautiful and Yixing wants to tell her, but she jumps on the bed and embraces him before he can mutter a word. She yawns and stretches herself, almost hitting him in the jaw with the palm of her hand. He asks, “What were you doing?”

“Shopping for some new black boots. How did you sleep?”

“I slept great. How about you?”

“Incredible. Did you know that you snore?” she looks up at his face like a child in wonder, and once again, Yixing wonders how they came to be. He smiles. He didn’t know that he snored.

Eunsul sits up. “What’s on your mind?”

“You. I can’t believe we’re together.” He blushes. “I get to hold you and touch you and kiss you and share everything with you.”

She laughs and it makes Yixing’s face glow in happiness. How is it possible that she makes everything better?

“Opposites attract, they say. Maybe that’s how we happened,” she says, then after a pause, “But maybe I was just too stubborn to let you pass me by.”

They share a smile and it seems that though the day just started, it will be a great one.

“Now come on!” Eunsul shouts, getting up from the bed and unknowingly flashing her goodies to the world in the process. “Kris is moving out and we promised to help out. Get up, bunny. Get your moving.”

 

 

************

 

 

It is July and a hot day. Today is also the day Kris and Nana move out of your house. Lucy’s home is finally completed and she’s taking the rest of her family with her. You feel heartbroken. At one point you would have celebrated if Kris moved out, but now he is your boyfriend, and dare you say, the love of your life, so you would have done anything to make him stay longer.

Not living with Kris meant that you two couldn’t sneak into each other’s rooms anymore. Not that you did it very often because-

“Oh my God! I cannot believe we are moving out. I’m sure gonna miss all the times I caught you trying to sneak into our room to give Yifan a hickey!”

“Luhan!” You yell, almost dropping the lamp you are carrying. “You can’t say those things out loud.” You look around to see if anyone heard. Last thing you need is your parents finding out you are dating Kris through Luhan. That boy has got a nasty mouth.

“Oh, please, like you guys don’t make it obvious by playing footsies with each other during dinner time.”

In second thought, maybe you are kind of glad they are all moving out.

“Hana! Quickly! Help me out here!” You hear Kris yell a couple of feet behind you, and when you turn around you see him struggling to hold the box with the microwave. Not to discredit his strength obviously because it is a giant appliance- the type that can fit a whole thanksgiving turkey. You immediately hand the lamp to Luhan and rush to help Kris. Luhan grabs the lamp and giggles at how close Kris is to dropping the microwave. His humor centers around watching others fail. “Gosh, we have been doing this for so long- my back hurts,” Kris says. He smiles when you grab the other half of the microwave box that he is struggling to hold.

“Not to mention that it’s really warm and humid outside,” you say, helping him carry the item while walking at the same time.

“You gotta love summer,” he says. You smile at him and he can’t help but stare with his own stupid smile. You roll your eyes, “Stop staring at me!”

“Not unless you give me a kiss.” He puckers his lips and you glance around to make sure no one is watching. You are in Lucy’s new backyard, getting all the furniture and house décor inside the house through the side of her house and then her back door because her front door is too small to fit in most of the furniture, not to mention that the front door has just been painted so she didn’t want anyone to touch the wet paint. You glance around one last time to truly make sure that everyone is still in the front of the house removing the furniture out of the moving truck. You see Luhan is the only one around, and so you plant a quick kiss on Kris’ lips.

Kris is overdramatic, so he jumps up and cries out, “Heaven!” at the exact moment Luhan gags in the background.

“I think I’m gonna be sick!” Luhan says. “You guys are disgusting.”

“Come on, Lu, you’re just jealous because you’re going to die alone,” you mock. The boy smirks. “Say what you want, Hana, but I know that you want a piece of this .”

Yifan and you frown, watching him walk away with the lamp and a smug look on his face. You snort when he almost slips on the wooden porch. Earlier, Lucy had cleaned it, so it was extra slippery. You and her husband, Donhyuk, had almost fallen twice. Your dad had fallen once.

Kris reassures you that he can carry the microwave on his own now and you watch him climb the small steps towards the porch and into his new home. When he is inside and out of sight, your dad sneaks up behind you. He’s carrying one of the dining chairs. “You can stop looking at him now.”

You jump, “Dad! What the!” then when you process his words, “I wasn’t even looking at him… I was- I was…. Admiring the porch. Duh.” He looks at you with a raised eyebrow and a smirk, so you add, “Yeah… the construction crew did a wonderful job designing the house. The porch is my favorite part, obviously, which is why I was admiring it in the first place. Really cool floor, am I right?”

“Relax,” he chuckles, adjusting the mirror he is carrying with both arms. “Kris is a good-looking guy and you have been by his side for a long time. It’s natural to develop a little crush.”

You blush red. “This is embarrassing. Please stop talking.”

“I saw it coming, to be honest.”

You panic. “Saw what coming?!”

“You developing feelings for Kris.” Your jaw falls open when your dad says that. Oh My God. He knows! “You know… I think he might like you back. He’s always staring at you. Plus, the fact that he’s always following you around and teasing you speaks for itself.”

The panic subsides and now you realize that your dad thinks you and Kris only like each other. He doesn’t know you two have been dating for months ever since December.

“Of course, I could be mistaken…,” he mumbles. “But that’s alright. If he doesn’t like you then you can just go back to dating Chanyeol. Am I right?” Your dad laughs, as if he has made the funniest joke to ever exist.

Gosh, you really wish your dad would stop talking.

“I don’t think Chanyeol and I are going to date anytime in the future. But thanks for caring, dad.”

“Oh, because he’s into that whole self-development thing now,” he says with furrowed brows. You almost forgot that you had told your parents that Chanyeol was refusing to get into new romantic relationships for a while. Not that you were lying about it or anything. He said he wanted to learn and study himself until he truly understood love and his purpose. You thought it was a very brave and profound thing to do. When you told Kris, on the other hand, he said, “What does that even mean?” You had no answer. Chanyeol hadn’t really told you much about it because he was too busy studying for the college entrance exams. You never asked again. You figured that he knew what he was doing and that was enough of an answer.

“Not because of that,” you say, “but because we don’t like each other. At least not anymore.”

As you say those words, Kris comes out of the house and he glances at you and your dad but doesn’t approach you or call out to you. He figures you and your father are sharing a moment, so instead, he turns to look at around the large backyard from where he stands on the porch, stretching his arms.

“Old feelings could always come back.”

You watch Kris and the way he gets distracted by the sky. His nose wrinkles as the sun shines on his face. He looks like a dream, really. Like he came right out of your favorite book. “No, not this time.” You have never been so sure about loving someone. What a dork, you think. Who is entertained by clouds? Only him.

“Alright then,” your dad smiles and there is a spark of teasing in his eyes but you’re too distracted by your beautiful boyfriend and the way he looks at the blue sky to notice it, or anything in his face, really, until your dad is walking away, and then you realize that more than ever you want the world to know what Kris is to you. You glance back at Kris, who is going down the slippery porch steps towards you, and at your dad’s retrieving back, and before all the courage and adrenaline leaves you, you yell out,

“I am dating Yifan!”

Your dad pauses, and Kris slips on the seconds to last stair, falling first into the wooden steps after hearing your words. He yelps, and you gasp. Your dad laughs and immediately runs to your injured boyfriend, setting the mirror down on the porch so he could help Kris up. You do the same.

“Are you alright?” you ask. Kris nods his head, wiping his pants after your dad pulls him up by the arm. Your dad smiles. “Seems like you were more shocked with the news than I was.”

Kris blushes red and you want to DIE because he looks like a little strawberry. Gosh, he is adorable.

Luhan comes out of the house then, sipping from a chocolate milk carton. He looks like a sassy toddler. He asks, “What’s up with the melodramatic atmosphere?”

“I’m dating your daughter, “Kris tells your dad, ignoring his best friend, just to verify your words.

Luhan chokes on his milk and you try to ignore him but its difficult when chocolate milk begins to spill out of his nose.

“You alright, Lu?”

The boy nods though he looks like he’s about to pass out. He makes a couple of choked sounds and you would still help him out if it wasn’t for the fact that your heart is about to pop out of your chest. You are going public with Kris. You can’t believe it.

“We have been dating for almost six months now, sir. We didn’t know when to tell you, but now that Hana has said it, I don’t think there is a reason to keep our relationship a secret from you.”

“Oh my God!” Luhan hisses, after in his breath and surviving death-by-chocolate milk, “Its happeningggg!”

Kris is nervous, which surprises you. Though it is not obvious, you have gotten to know him well enough to be able to detect the signs. His pinky finger is curled and slightly trembling, and his left leg is tensed. Not to mention his mouth is pressed in a line. One would think he’s angry, but you know better.

Your dad smiles and something in that smile makes you want to gasp because-

“I wouldn’t really consider it a secret,” your dad says. “You guys play footsies under the table during dinner time. One time you confused my foot with Hana’s, Kris. I was honored by the suggestion at that time, but I don’t swing that way, son.”

Kris breaks into a smile. And before he can say anything, you say, “You knew this whole time and said nothing?!”

Your dad giggles. “It wasn’t my place to into your relationship. Besides, it was fun watching you and Kris sneak around the house like two little kids.”

“Oh, no,” Kris covers his face, “This is sooooo embarrassing!”

You laugh and lightly hit your dad in the arm. “Your sneaky dad!” He hits you back for good measure and it actually kind of hurts. He calls you a wimpy baby when you complain.

“How long have you known?”

“Your mother and I knew the day you both came home smiling like idiots. You and Kris were arguing like children, as always. I think it was in December….”

December. In other words, they knew since the beginning.

“Remember, Kris?” you dad turns to the tall brunette who is standing there in surprise, “Hana stormed out and you asked us where to find her. We told you the library or the ice cream shop or-“

“The park,” Kris finished up. He looks like he’s contemplating the meaning of life. “Yeah, I remember. I found her in the park.”

“Oh, that’s great! What can I say? I know my stubborn daughter.” You dad chuckles and when you both stay silent, as well as Luhan, he picks up the mirror he had put down on the porch floor and starts walking towards the inside of the house.

“Wait, Dad,” you mumble, “you’re okay with us?”

“Of course.” He looks at you with one of his iconic smiles, “I’m always okay if you are, Hana.”

You mouth automatically widens into a grin. You don’t deserve someone this great in your life, or do you?

Before he turns around to go inside you ask him who else knows. You know Kris is waiting to know the answer to this question as well. Your dad thinks about it and then he shrugs, “Everyone, really. Maybe not Nana or Luhan, considering that his mouth is wide open in shock.”

You and Kris turn to look at the deer-looking boy and indeed, he looks like he is hearing the news for the first time.

“I am so shocked. Honestly,” he says when you guys stare at him like he’s an idiot. Luhan has known since the very beginning!

Your dad shrugs it off and then he walks inside to put the mirror away. His arms were beginning to get sore.

Kris turns to Luhan. “Why are you faking surprise?”

Luhan gets down from the porch and leans closer to you two, and with a threatening look in his eyes, he harshly hisses, “I swear to God that if you tell anyone that I knew from the beginning I will kill you. Nana doesn’t know that I knew so if she finds out I didn’t tell her exactly when you both began dating, she will destroy me. And this is not a joke.” He moves away then. “You two are not worth dying for.”

You and Kris don’t push the subject. Luhan walks away like a smug princess, but not before glaring you both down as a threat.

“That makes me want to tell Nana more. Why does he do this to me?” Kris mumbles. You stare at him as he just stands there, looking beautiful and perfect as he usually does. “Are you surprised? I am,” he says, looking back at you. You nod, not looking away. “I am very surprised.” Then you look away.

“What happens now?” you wonder out loud. Kris throws his arm over your shoulder. He smiles down at you. “Nothing too terrible. We just get to be happy.”

You look up at him. He’s taller so you can see up his nose. His pores are so small, you think, even when he has been sweating for almost three hours since you’ve been helping Lucy unpack. You don’t know what to do with yourself. There is this bubble of excitement in your chest that is wondering if its alright to explode and make you jump in excitement or if you should go back home and scream into your pillow as if your longtime crush just asked you on a date. You feel so childish at the moment. So happy you want to burst. For the first time in a while, things are going your way. There is no tragic ending that you are waiting for. There is no enemy wanting you gone and crush. There are no more obstacles that are keeping you up at night. Sure, its tough to fall asleep sometimes but that’s the natural aspects of being a teenager on her way to college. But you feel the pieces coming together. Everything feels right. You feel okay. You feel a buzz is your chest that is good for the first time in a very long time. And it wasn’t Kris, at least not directly, you think as you look at your giant boyfriend and his curious eyes as they look back at you. It was all you- you, having the guts to open up and take some risks. But then again, maybe Kris deserves some credit.

“So, Smooth sailing from here on?”

“Correct,” he says, and he sounds very sure.

“I hope you don’t regret your decision, Kristopher Wulumbus. I hope you’re ready to handle me because you are going to be stuck with me for a very long time.”

“I was born ready, baby.”

You make a face of displeasure because what he said makes you cringe, but you don’t push his arm away, which he’s happy about.

 

 

**************

 

“Thank you.”

Your mom turns to you, confused. You’re both cutting fruit in Lucy’s new kitchen to give to the boys and Eunsul, who are waiting in the living room with empty stomachs and grumpy attitudes. Lucy is out buying drinks (non-alcoholic ones, of course) while your mom thought it would be a good idea to feed them what was available in Lucy’s kitchen as a thank you for helping unpack and decorate the house. The boys didn’t complain.

“Thank you?”

“Yes, thank you.”

“For what?” Your mom is done cutting her last apple, so she grabs a white platter from one of the cabinets and starts arranging the fruit in an aesthetically pleasing way. You think it’s a little unnecessary because the boys won’t care and will devour it all in seconds.

“For letting me live a little even though it went against your rules.” You focus your eyes on the watermelon slice you’re cutting into smaller pieces.

Your mom raises her eyebrows in curiosity, and you wonder if she’s playing clueless or if she actually doesn’t know what you’re talking about. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“You know I’m dating Kris, mom.” She pauses and looks at you. Then looks away. You continue, “and you still let it happen. You’re very strict with me and yet you let my boyfriend live under the same roof as me. You would have never allowed me to do that before.”

She sighs. “You’re making me sound like a dictator.”

“Sometimes you were… you wouldn’t let Chanyeol be alone with me. What changed?”

She shrugs. “Kris is a good kid.”

“Chanyeol was a good kid, too.”

She faces you. Your mother has this strange look in her eyes that you can’t really understand. Sadness, maybe?

“Your friend told me everything, Hana.”

“What friend? And what do you mean everything? That I was dating Kris?”

“Eunsul told me about the bullying,” she mumbles, “and the panic attacks. She told me everything.”

You don’t know what to say. Part of you is embarrassed. “I’m sorry.”

“Hana, why are you apologizing? I should be saying sorry to you.” You wonder if she’s holding back tears or if her voice is getting shaky for another reason. You can’t tell. “I was so blind about what was going on with you.” She looks at you in the face. “I’m sorry, baby.”

You don’t feel angry or sad, but surprise that she has this point of view. Your mom has always been rough around the edges. She doesn’t stress herself if people don’t like her, and you recall her telling you once that depression only hits fragile people, people that weren’t strong. Back then you wondered if you weren’t strong enough. You used to spend most of your days wanting to disappear and feeling useless. Your mom only made it worse. You thought that if you ever shared your real thoughts, she would call you weak or undermine your feelings and make you feel worse. And yet… here she is now.

“I’m sorry,” she repeats. You can only blink at her. “I should have known after that dumb fight that something was wrong. I should have known.”

You don’t know what to say at first. Maybe in the beginning of the year you were angry, but not anymore. Not at all. The past year was the worst and best year of your life. Many things went wrong but so many more things went just right.

“It’s okay,” you say, and you mean it. “All is okay now. I feel great, mom.”

Your mom nods and now you can see her eyes growing glossy. You smile at her as she pushes her head back and wipes at her eyes. She laughs when you do, “Gosh, Hana. This is embarrassing. I hope my makeup doesn’t get messed up.” You laugh some more and turn towards the watermelon slice in front of you on the counter.

“I love you,” you say. Your mom chuckles. “I love you, too.” And you feel her hand on your back, rubbing loving circles. You look at her face and she’s smiling at you.

“What?”

“I’m glad you’re happy.”

“Thanks.”

“With Kris, as well. I’m happy you’re happy with him. He’s a good kid.”

You chop the last watermelon slice. “He is a great kid. And I am very happy.”

 

 

 

********

 

“So, you’re not going back to China in a while, huh?”

“Maybe for vacations. It’s only until I finish university here. I haven’t given it much thought since all I am thinking about is staying here. I have a great reason to.”

Your dad hums. He has his hands on his pockets as he stands on Lucy’s porch, watching the street and taking in some sun. Kris stands next to him, also facing the street. Despite the heat, it’s a nice day. There’s silence for a minute.

“How tall are you, Kris?”

Kris thinks about it. “6 feet 2 last time I checked.”

“Are most of your family members tall?”

“Yeah,”

“Are you healthy?”

“Yeah, I believe so.”

“Good,” your dad says. “I want my grandchildren to be tall and healthy.”

Kris smiles.

 

*********

 

The boys and Eunsul are very loud, especially Baekhyun and Tao. The two are arguing about who’s a better dancer, and 88 percent of the conversation is Baekhyun mocking Tao. Chanyeol takes Baekhyun’s side, and everyone starts yelling louder and saying that Chanyeol is bias. Eventually, everyone starts taking a side and the adults leave when the living room gets too loud. When Baekhyun starts telling Tao that he can’t “drop it down” like he can, you decide to leave the living room as well. Kris smiles at you as you get up. You wink at him just because you can, which makes him chuckle under his breath, and begin to walk to the kitchen, with the thought of mint chocolate chip ice cream on your mind. You saw the tub there earlier and you would be a fool to not eat some right now while everyone is distracted.

When you pull the green tub out of the freezer and look up, Chanyeol is entering the kitchen.

“Not even going to share?”

You shrug. “You know I don’t share ice cream.”

He sits up on the counter with a small jump, his long legs allowing him to do it without much effort.

“Pass me a spoon,” he says, and though you said you wouldn’t share, you do it anyway. You open the container and he doesn’t even wait for you to set it down on the counter, already digging into the mint chocolate with his spoon.

“I can’t believe this summer will be the last we spend together.”

Chanyeol hums, spoonful of ice cream in his mouth.

“I mean… I know you want to explore the world and try new things- all that getting out of your comfort zone bull- but Singapore is really far.”

Chanyeol takes the spoon out of his mouth and dives in for more ice cream. He says, “It has one of the best engineering programs in the world.”

“So, does Korea…. I think.”

Chanyeol snorts, a smile blossoming on his face as he looks at you. He ice cream off his spoon.

“What happens if you need me or if I need you? Maybe I’ll get the cold sweats at night and have a question all of a sudden. Who, besides you, can truly answer my random 3 a.m. questions? Who will I call?” You immediately think of Kris. He will most definitely answer your 3 a.m. questions, but you don’t say it because you’re trying to make a point.

Chanyeol stops the cold silver spoon. “I’m not leaving the planet, Hana. You can still call me. We live in the 21st century. You can video chat with me anytime and anywhere. Literally.”

You pout, stabbing the ice cream in the tub with your spoon. Chanyeol raises an eyebrow at your behavior.

“I just think it’s different. What if I have an actual problem and I require your physical self to be there? Huh?”

“If it’s a true emergency, then I will be here in person.” He puts his spoon down. “The flight to South Korea from Singapore is like six to seven hours. I can make it here quick if you need me.”

You sigh at him, stuffing your mouth with ice cream. It seems that he has an answer to all your questions and arguments. When you’re done with the spoonful, you toss the spoon in the sink, feeling a tummy ache come in. You didn’t even eat a lot but thinking about not seeing Chanyeol for a long time (or even not most days of the week) makes you feel sick.

“You know it won’t be the same.”

“I know, but at least you know I am willing to make the effort.”

You push the tub of ice cream out of the way, which makes Chanyeol look very offended, before you try to jump up the counter. You fail the first two times, with Chanyeol giggling like a child, but make it the third time once Chanyeol pulls you up by the elbow.

“Damn, Song. How will you be able to live without me! You can’t even reach the counter.”

You smack his thigh but can’t help but already miss him even when he isn’t gone yet.

“I miss you.”

“I haven’t even left yet.”

“I’m missing you in advance.”

Chanyeol smiles. There’s silence between you. It hasn’t sunk in that he will be gone, but you know that you have so many friends around that maybe the absence of Chanyeol won’t leave a big hole in your chest like it did when he first left you. But then again, that was different. You were in love with him. That’s where the big hole came from.

This time you have the boys and you have Eunsul and you have Kris. Kris… You can’t even remember what your life was like before he came into it and just tumbled your world around. Still, your life wouldn’t be as great without Chanyeol, but you guess that him studying abroad doesn’t mean you’ll lose him forever.

“I’ll miss you too. But you already knew that, didn’t you?”

“Of course,” you grin at him, “I am unforgettable, after all.”

He gasps, “Oh my, look at you. Since when are you so confident?”

You shrug it off. You might be happy overall, but Chanyeol leaving makes your chest hurt a little. You get closer to him and lean your head against his shoulder. “I hope you excel in Singapore, Yeol. And that you become the most successful engineer in all of Asia.”

“That’s too much pressure,” he mumbles, but he pats you in the back anyway.

Two minutes later, your boyfriend comes barging in with a frown on his face. “Woah, woah, woah, what’s going on here?”

“A dramatic goodbye,” you say, moving your head away from Chanyeol’s shoulder, mainly because your neck was cramping up.

“He doesn’t even leave for another week,” Kris says, already moving closer until his front is pressed to your legs, his pelvis hitting your knees.

“Not a week,” Chanyeol corrects, “4 days.”

“That is insane,” Kris’ eyes go wide, but you see the corners of his lips twitching upwards and you know he’s about to say something mean. “I never thought that I would live to see the day where you would go away forever. God is good, huh?” There it is, you think.

You smack him on the arm and Chanyeol frowns. He says, “Kris, you’re such a , like Regina George.”

“How dare you? I am better than Regina George. She got hit by a bus! Ridiculous. I would have caused mayhem and would have come out with my head in place.”

“She didn’t lose her head….” You mumble, kind of unsure.

“Almost,” Kris and Chanyeol say at the same time.

You snort. They ignore you.

“So, when do you leave so we can celebrate?” Kris says. You roll your eyes, pushing him gently with your arm so you can hop off the counter. When you do, you grab the pint of ice cream and put it back in the freezer.

“Gosh, Kris. Do you have to be such a ? I thought finally getting the girl of your dreams would make you happy, but you still need to find happiness in making me miserable?”

When you look at Chanyeol, you can’t tell if he’s playing or not. Kris doesn’t think he is, but he huffs and crosses his arms, like a boy who is being forced by his mother to apologize to someone he kind of dislikes.

“It was a joke,” Kris says, leaning on his back against the counter next to Chanyeol. He keeps his arms crossed and doesn’t look at Chanyeol. You try to keep busy, observing the situation, opening the refrigerator door to pull out the jug of almond milk.

“Believe it or not, I have grown somewhat fond of you.” Kris continues. You try not to giggle at how serious and annoyed Kris looks and how amused Chanyeol seems. “I am not saying that I will miss you, but my days will seem strange without you sticking your nose everywhere.”

Chanyeol chuckles and Kris goes red, and you think its from a mixture of anger and embarrassment.

“I’ll miss you, too, Wu,” Chanyeol smiles, patting Kris’ back.

Kris jumps up and pushes Chanyeol’s hand away. “Did you even hear what I said? Not once did I say I missed you. Quite the opposite actually!”

Chanyeol hops down from the counter with a smile on his face, shrugging Kris off, and Kris looks like he’s about to explode. He marches over to you and pouts. “Why did you invite him?” he whispers.

“Stop being an idiot,” you say, pouring almond milk into a glass and then turning to face Chanyeol. “You want some, Yeol?”

“No, thank you.”

Kris gasps. “How come you didn’t ask me?”

“You don’t like almond milk,” you say, “You told me it made you feel like the vegans were winning.”

Kris makes a sour face, like you have a point but offer me anyway.

Chanyeol laughs and Kris and you look back at him like he’s crazy. “You guys are a match made in heaven,” he says. You blush and so does Kris, which is strange because after dating for a while, you both thought you’d be done with the blushing.

“Shut up,” Kris says, “Don’t be nice to us. We don’t like you.”

You roll your eyes. These days Kris has been acting extra bratty towards Chanyeol, but you think it’s because Chanyeol is leaving and in the past three months, they have grown fond of each other- not that they will ever admit it. You think their official friendship started when they began to play basketball in the park every morning on the weekends. They were still very competitive and sarcastic with each other, but now they could actually hold normal conversations and sometimes, Chanyeol would show up to your house to “see you” and end up watching TV or playing video games with Kris and Luhan. It was very strange…. You teased Kris once about it and the boy threatened to give you a wedgie (ouch) if you ever brought up the conversation again. Of course, you brought it up again, and though you received no satisfactory response, you also did not receive a wedgie. You knew it was all bluff. He would never put a finger on you.

“No, you adore me.”

“Disgusting!” Kris hisses and he begins marching out of the kitchen, only to turn back when he’s by the doorway and give you a fat and wet kiss on your cheek. You giggle because it tickles, and he marches out again, this time not coming back.

“He loves me.”

“I know,” you say, “And you love him too.”

Chanyeol puts a ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter