Dates And China

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 004: Dates And China

 

Summer starts the way you thought it would start. Nothing new or Interesting. Your parents are excited because they say you will spend more time at home and they will see you more often. You don't mind though, you miss seeing them, too.

You spend most of the time eating and watching Korean dramas. To you this is as entertaining as your life will get.

"oh, Song Hana," you say to yourself. "you sure are living the life..."

You're obviously being sarcastic about it, considering the fact that you're wearing PJ's and stuffing your mouth with pepperoni pizza. You could say you're depressed. But not badly depressed, just really bummed. The main reason for this is because of Chanyeol. You miss him and feel regretful. But not because he rejected you, in fact you were glad you confessed.  For the first time in your life you took a risk and did something that you probably won't do again. It wasn't so bad. The main reason why you were feeling regretful was for ignoring Chanyeol lately. You were upset at him for ditching you but then you realized that you still liked him and that it was unfair for you to treat him badly just because he wanted to be with yuri, his girlfriend, rather than you, just a friend.

It had only been a week since school ended and summer vacation was here, but you wanted to talk to Chanyeol and tell him that you were sorry for ignoring him. It  was better to have him as a friend than nothing.

But of course, you never actually had the guts to talk to him until your mother asked you to invite him for dinner.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"What?" your mother replied. "Didn't you hear me? I said you should invite Yeol for dinner."

"Why?" Honestly, you didn't understand why she said that. It came to you as a great shock. You bit into an apple trying to pretend that you weren't nervous about it.

"Because we haven't seen him lately." She mumbled. You nibbled into your apple and just shrugged. Your mother eyed you strangely. She stopped cleaning the counter to glare at you.

"What?" You asked intimidated by her 'mom' stare.

"Is something wrong with you two? Every time I ask you about him you try to jump around the subject. Besides, you always love it when he came over. You would make sure you look good and dress all pretty but now...you seem a little hesitant..."

You sigh. "Mom, everything is good. I just feel upset about school ending when I didn't even accomplish much..."

"Is that so? So Chanyeol has nothing to do with it and you guys are still good friends and nothing is wrong?" She raises a brow. 

You're about to speak but your phone rings. You frown and take it from the counter, checking who the caller is. Your breath stops for a second. 

"Ha! Look! It's Chanyeol. See? I told you nothing was wrong." You say to your mother even if in the inside you're nervous and sweating. You're quite confuse, too. Why would he call? Your mom is still eyeing you, so you answer the phone very calmly, or at least you're trying to be, because knowing that you're going to  hear chanyeol's voice soon makes your heart stutter. 

You answer it. 

"Hello?"

"Hey Ice princess." His voice makes you blush and the nickname does not fail at making you feel butterflies. You walk towards the living room, afraid that your mother will see your change in character just because of Chanyeol. 

"Yeah...haha...so why did you call Chanyeol?" It's a very blunt question. You wonder if you needed to ask him if he was okay first or if he was having a good summer. 

"Umm...right. Listen, I haven't seen you in a while and I was wondering if you would want to hang out next week or something?"

Your mind goes blank for a second and your heart feel like it's going to burst. 

"Hang out?" You mumble, still in shock. 

"Yeah! Or...are you busy?"

You shake your head and then face palm realizing that he can't see you. "Sure." You reply breathless. "When?"

"Well, Are you free next week on Friday? We can go hang out by that Café we use to go before? Or do you want to choose another day and place?"

"No! No, it's okay." You blurt out. "Friday is perfect." You smile. 

"Okay. That's perfect!" You hear Chanyeol chuckle. You think for a second that he's relieve and happy to see you but you're not sure about it. It's confusing. 

"Is that all you want to tell me?" You bite your lip. 

"No...me and Yuri got on a fight. She's mad at me..." 

After those words you figure that you should be upset and supportive and somehow feel bad for him but honestly, you're happy and glad. 

"Really? Why?"

"Nothing serious just a small argument but she's refusing to talk to me and..." He stops talking and lets out a sigh.

"Oh." You bite your lip trying to suppress a pout. 

"Sorry." Chanyeol mumbles. "I shouldn't be telling you this..."

You frown but then process what he means. 

"Don't worry about it. I'm not affected Chanyeol...I'm okay with you talking about Yuri." It's all a lie.

"Thanks. Anyway, I have to go. See you next week?"

"See ya next week!" You chirp then the line disconnects. You take a deep breath then you feel your mom's presence and you jump. 

"Mom!" You yelp. "Hi."

She's standing with her arms cross and a smirk on her face. "So Friday? You and Chanyeol, huh?"

You blush red and her smile goes even wider. "Mom~" you groan feeling annoyed.

"What? I'm just saying...it seems like a date."

"It's not a date!"

"It isn't? Are you sure?" She smirks. 

"He has a girlfriend." You say and then walk away, clearly irritated. 

That night you can't sleep and keep thinking if this is a chance. A possibility. 

"Is this a date, Chanyeol? Is it?" 

 

 

*******


The days go by fast for Chanyeol. Yuri still has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter