Accomplishments And Extreme Progression

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 50: Accomplishments And Extreme Progression

 

The bell is about to ring but either way you and the guys are forced to be back in class. 

Minseok and Luhan ask around for Yixing because they haven't seen him. You tell them that he just left the auditorium in a rush. 

Jongdae rolls his eyes, "He probably got kidnapped by Eunsul or is back in class. Let's just go to the classroom."

 

The guys all agree and they bid you all goodbye when they leave. 

 

      "Do you think he went after Minho?" You ask no one in particular. Chanyeol hums in thought and the boys all mumble different things. 

 

       "Do we have to go to class?" Tao whines then. "The bell is going to ring in 16 minutes. Can't we just skip and leave? Mr. Nam wouldn't even care." 

 

      "How do you know that?" You ask, petrified that Tao would even suggest you all skipping class. 

 

Kris shrugs, "He doesn't look like he'll care. Let's just wait by the exit of the school and wait for the bell to ring." 

 

You bite your lip. You cannot believe that Kris agrees with such stupid idea.

 

Kris, sensing your obvious nerves, hugs you by the side and reassures you that you won't go to prison or anything. "Nothing bad is going to happen. You need to relax. All the seniors are waiting to leave too, so it's not only us." 

 

Chanyeol joins, "Plus, now there's only 14 minutes left until the bell rings."

 

You almost gasp. Chanyeol agrees as well?

 

      “You need to calm down, Hana? We’re not committing a felony.” He smiles, “I promise that nothing bad will happen. Stop being a loser and just trust us. Mr. Nam doesn’t care. It is okay. Understood?”

 

You know Chanyeol is telling you this because he sees you tense about breaking even the smallest rule; however, you can’t help but glare at him because he’s talking to you extremely low and it’s just irritating. “I’m not two, Yeol,” you mutter.

 

Chanyeol shrugs, “Or are you?”

 

You ignore him. Kris frowns at Chanyeol. “Why are you annoying to me?”

 

Chanyeol shrugs, “Maybe you’re jealous?”

      “About what?” Kris raises an amused brow, crossing his arms. You watch the way his arms automatically flex by the movement and smile to yourself.

     

      “About how cute and amazing I am. Duh,” he does a peace sign and winks.

 

Chanyeol receives groans and eye rolls as a response, but they don’t affect him and instead he keeps laughing.

 

You're still hesitant about skipping but eventually you agree and let all the boys drag you towards the exit of the school, where a bunch of seniors are gathered already, waiting for the bell to ring and for all of you to leave. 

 

You text Eunsul that there is a change of plans and to meet you in the school’s entrance.

 

The girl doesn’t even respond. She reads the text and 3 minutes later she’s stomping down the hallway and towards you and the guys. She frowns, “I thought you said no skipping?”

 

You smile at her, “I told you. There has been a change of plans.”

 

Just as she begins to tickle you to death, Luhan, Minseok, and Jongdae pop out from nowhere and (fortunately) distract Eunsul away from you.

 

      “Why are you here? Thought you would be in class," Eunsul asks.

 

Luhan hugs you immediately, not even answering Eunsul. You try to push him away to no avail.  

 

      “Tao texted me,” Minseok says, “Told us you guys were just going to skip the last minutes of school and that you’ll be on the entrance.”

 

Eunsul hums in understanding and looks back at you. You’re currently groaning at how clingy Luhan is being.

 

     “I want personal space,” you croak out, out of breath from the hug.

 

Luhan shakes his head, “I feel sick. I have a headache. I just want a hug.”

 

You sigh and stop struggling, instead just letting him squeeze you. Kris’ attention is moved away from Tao talking and laughing to you and Luhan hugging. He sighs as he watches you pat Luhan’s head.

 

      “Hey!” he calls out. Luhan knows immediately that Kris is talking to him. Obviously. However, he knows his best friend is not an over protective and obsessive lover (he hopes) so he doesn’t move away from you and just hugs you tighter.

 

Kris frowns. “Hana looks like she wants to run away. Give her personal space.”

 

Luhan shakes his head, pout prominent as he leans his chin over your shoulder. You look back at Kris. “It’s okay, I don’t really mind,” you smile at him, just assuring him.

 

Kris frowns deepens and he tries not to be bitter because he wants to be the only one in your arms, but whatever, he guesses, as long as it maintains a friendly standard of affection. He still feels a little offended when you don’t get the hint of him not wanting you hugging Luhan. Luhan is sneaky so half of him believes his best friend is hugging you for his own selfish reasons of wanting to touch you.

 

      “Sneaky little goat,” he whispers as Luhan smiles into your shoulder like a happy toddler who gets to touch their crush.

 

      “You need a girlfriend or a boyfriend,” Kris says in mandarin. Luhan looks up at him and smirks over your shoulder, “Get me a girl or a guy that’s my type and sure. I preferably want someone who has money so they can buy me unlimited cheese.”

 

Kris rolls his eyes, though he can’t help the smile on his face.

 

Luhan says in mandarin, “I love cheese…” and then he’s looking away from Kris and sighing into your shoulder because you smell nice. You, on the other hand, are focused on how his hair is extremely soft, a discovery found as you were patting his head for comfort.

 

       “What were you guys saying?” Eunsul asks then.

 

You snort, “Probably something stupid.”

 

Eunsul smiles at your comment but still looks at Kris and asks, “Mandarin, right?”

 

       “Yup,” Kris responds.

 

Eunsul grows curious and then eventually a new conversation is made on which Eunsul asks Kris how to say certain words. In a couple of minutes, she learns how to say a couple of phrases like, “You look like a potato” and “My name is Eunsul and I can’t speak Mandarin.”

 

 

 

*******************************8

 

 

      “So what is your point?” Minho says, crossing his arms.

 

Yixing tries to stand straight and not show how intimidated he actually is. But not towards Minho. No, he isn’t intimidated or afraid of the taller, but he’s rather intimidated by his own feelings. It’s scary to tell people his emotions. He knows that once he lets it out he will be admitting to himself and that now he has to deal with his actions. It takes some time for the words to actually be said. Sure, Yixing has said it in his head but never out loud in real life.

After the words, “I like Eunsul” are said, he feels his cheeks heat up almost immediately; however, not even that stops him. He notices the look of surprise on Minho’s face and decides to take a deep breath and not hold anything back. His cheeks only redden as he says, “I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to court her. I like her a lot and she likes me a lot too, and I want us to date but it’s bothersome when you’re in the way.”

 

Minho is definitely in shock. Not only because he thought Yixing was too scared or careless to actually care about Minho and his intentions towards Eunsul, but also because Yixing is telling him to up in a very nice manner.

 

Minho tries not to let his posture crumble. “Did she agree to dating you?”

 

Yixing wants to giggle at this because he’s almost excited to say, “Yes, she did!”  He sounds proud, like a child that just received a good grade and wants to show it off to his parents.

 

Minho clears his throat. He expected that answer, oddly enough. “Alright…”

 

      “Will you leave her alone? I’m telling you because I find your intentions troublesome and I don’t want any problems with you.”

 

Minho sighs. Yixing looks flustered, but not in a frightened way but rather in a shy manner. As if he just revealed a cute little secret he was not supposed to reveal.

 

However, Minho sees how genuine Yixing actually is. Though he isn’t a hundred percent sure that Yixing does like her and will treat her right, he figures he has no right in the say. But there’s something about Yixing that makes him fall into trust.

 

        “I won’t pursue her,” he sighs. Then when he sees the sudden smile on Yixing’s face, he is quick to add, “And no! I am not backing off because you told me to! I,” he clears his throat and stands up straight, “am backing off because Eunsul told me to.”

 

Yixing doesn’t really care as long as Minho will leave his little troublemaker alone.

 

      “But just so you know,” Minho’s voice lowers then, “If you let her go, I’ll be right there.”

 

Yixing smiles, happy and pleased, a huge contrast to Minho’s serious and hostile tone.

 

      “And you will stay right there because I won’t let her go,” Yixing responds. He then decides to march away, satisfied.

 

 

***************

 

 

There is 7 minutes before the bell rings. Eunsul is already facing the door, waiting for the bell to ring and for her winter break to start. Christmas is next week and she needs to start decorating her house immediately. She has no time to waste. Except, her attention is then moved away from the door and towards a boy with dimples who looks like a happy child, running towards her with his arms open.

 

You and the guys are irrelevant to him at the moment, or so you all think because he doesn’t even look at none of you and focuses on the tan girl with the leather boots.

 

       “Eunsul!” Yixing’s voice is filled with happiness.

 

Luhan makes a face, “Oh, hey, Yixing! I’m good, thanks for asking!”

 

You laugh at his sarcasm.

 

Yixing ignores Luhan and grabs Eunsul’s hand. This action creates different reactions from all of you and the crowd around. Sehun, Tao, Chanyeol and Baekhyun gasp, while the rest of you just gape in surprise.

 

      “Hey,” Eunsul raises a perfect eyebrow, “Everything okay? You look hyped up.”

 

Yixing smiles, “Everything is fine.” His cheeks begin to turn red as he looks at her in the eyes, “Can we talk? Privately?”

 

Luhan hisses in excitement, “Oh my god! It’s happening!” and he thinks he’s being discreet but the whole senior class waiting to be dismissed actually hear it all.

 

      “Sure?” Eunsul says, kind of excited but also very anxious.

 

She’s pulled away by Yixing, a couple of feet from the crowd, until they’re both standing by the bending machines, where they’re far enough for people not to hear. Yixing and Eunsul make sure to stand behind them as well, to hide themselves because you and the guys are staring with intensity. Yixing also looks like he wants to be in complete privacy.

 

       “What’s wrong bunn-”

 

       “Doyouwanttobemygirlfriendandmakeitofficialbecauseikindofreallylikeyou!”

 

It is all said in a fast and low voice, almost too shy. However, Eunsul hears it all loud and clear. Besides, Yixing’s red face is enough to confirm that she heard right.

 

She smiles, extremely happy and jittery on the inside- a reacting she definitely did not expect herself to have over a boy. Ever. She tries to keep calm though, staring at Yixing in thought with her arms crossed.

 

Yixing feels like he’s about to faint. He’s never felt this flustered and shy in his entire life. When he asked Seun, his ex-girlfriend out, he wasn’t this shy. He believes it’s because he hadn’t liked her that much at the beginning, and also because Seun was the one that would encourage him to court her and ask her out. She was shy and kept to herself. Eunsul, on the other hand, comes from a completely different realm. Yixing might die out of a fever. It’s winter and he feels like his body temperature will set him in flames.

 

       “Why are you asking me out?” Eunsul says after what feels like a million years has passed.

 

Yixing feels his legs wobble in nervousness and feels his heart start beating at an abnormal rate. That was not the answer he expected…..

 

       “Because,” he mumbles, hands rubbing together in a flustered manner, “I like you… and I want to be your boyfriend before it’s too late…” His cheeks are burning. Why can’t he look up at her?

 

Eunsul chuckles. “But I’ve already asked you out…Like a million times, actually,” she says, and Yixing finally looks up at her. “You don’t need to ask me out. All you had to do was tell me a yes.”

 

Yixing looks surprised. “Oh.”

 

Eunsul smiles, leaning closer, her heart hammering against her chest but trying to keep a calm appearance. “I also thought we were almost, sort of, already, kind of boyfriend and girlfriend?”

 

Yixing doesn’t notice her cheeks turning just slightly pink. She’s good at containing her emotions.

 

      “Oh,” Yixing mumbles, and then a second after, “Oh.”

 

Eunsul chuckles. “You’re adorable, you know that?”

 

Yixing smiles, “You remind me every time.”

 

 

**************

 

 

Everyone stares at Yixing and Eunsul. More precisely, at the way they’re giggling like kids while holding hands.

 

You feel happy but utterly confused. So Yixing did like her back…..

 

When did they even have time to hang out, get to know each other and then ask each other out?

 

The bell rings. While all the seniors exit, you and the guys stay frozen.

 

Eunsul jumps in excitement. “Christmas Break!” she hollers. Yixing smiles wide at her. And you guys don’t know what to say or do. Should you ask? You are almost hoping that someone will ask or that Yixing and Eunsul would tell you themselves. You eye Kris and the boy is deep in thought.

 

      “Alright, I’ll see you guys when we come back to school,” Yixing smiles. He then looks at Eunsul. What happens next makes you lean back in surprise. You’re amazed. You swear you hear Luhan gasp.

 

Yixing kisses Eunsul on the lips. It’s quick but sweet. She smiles when he pulls away.

 

      “Bye!” Yixing waves at you all. Then he says, “Call me!” towards Eunsul before he leaves.

 

The girl nods and watches him disappear. She turns back at you all. “Yixing and I are dating. Don’t just stand there like idiots and don’t make it weird.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles, though you can tell he looks shocked as well, “That’s awesome! Congrats!”

 

You smile, “Who knew this day would come?”

 

Eunsul winks, “I knew.” She then laughs and waves, “I have to leave! See you after break!”

 

You all watch her disappear just like Yixing.

 

Luhan releases another gasp, this one louder. “Oh my god. That was amazing. She sure wasn’t kidding when she said she gets everything she wants.”

 

Tao nods in agreement. Sehun smacks him on the arm, “Pay up.” Tao groans and you watch as he takes out his wallet and gives Sehun some money.

 

You roll your eyes.

 

 

******************

 

 

      “Christmas~ Christmas~ I loveeeeee Christmas~”

 

Kris groans, “Luhan, can you please stop!” You don’t even turn around when you hear Luhan screaming for Kris to mind his own business. You’re too busy trying to open the door of the house with the key. You tried knocking earlier but there was no one inside. No cars were on the driveway either.   

 

You manage to open the door and look back at the two boys with you. They’re currently chasing each other and throwing snow all over themselves. “Are you guys going to come in?” you yell.

 

Luhan lets out a sharp shriek, “Help! He’s taller and is going to hurt me!”

 

You sigh. They keep running in circles and you almost get anxious when Kris almost slips and falls face first. He manages to balance himself but it seems like the accident makes him realize how dumb he is being chasing after Luhan. He stops running after the shorter male and instead catches his breath, walking towards you. Luhan’s face washes over with immediate relieve. Kris looks so tired from chasing after Luhan that he passes by you and plops himself on the couch.

 

You laugh at Luhan’s face, his eyes glazed as he walks towards you. “Were you actually scared?”

 

Luhan stares at you with wide eyes, “Wouldn’t you be scared being chased by a humongous dude that wants to catch you to kill you?”

 

      “He was probably going to tickle you to death,” you say, snorting.

 

Luhan shakes his head, “He would have wrestled me to the ground and made me eat snow.”

 

Luhan enters the house and you close the door behind, locking it. Kris is no longer lying on the couch. He’s now sitting down, flipping through channels on the television.

 

      “Where’s everyone?” you ask, plopping down next to Kris. He smiles at you for a second before moving over to give you more space to sit on. Luhan sits on the other side of Kris and he looks at the taller warily. Kris snorts, “I’m not going to hit you, Lu.”

 

      “How can I be so sure?” Luhan says. He slowly stands up and manages to squeeze himself next to you, leaving you in between him and Kris. He snuggles up to your side and you awkwardly pat him on the head, just like earlier. You kind of think of Luhan as a brother, or something akin to that. You look at Kris and at how he’s glaring at you and Luhan. You sigh, why couldn’t you look at Kris like a brother too? Why did you have to grow feelings for him and his annoying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter