The Stranger?

Listen To My Heart...Not My Voice...

“Hi” Nayoung stopped her feet hearing a soft voice. She turned around but saw nothing. Fear sunk in her heart and she almost got heart attack when she turned back. A guy was standing in front of her looking into her eyes straight with his fierce gazes. Only his eyes could be seen because of the mask and cap.

“Who…who are you?” She asked stuttering with fear.

“You know me.”

“What do you want?” She stepped back step by step while he followed her.

“Just come by to give you a warning.”

“Wha…what?”

“Don’t try to hurt us.” He said taking his mask off and Nayoung widened her eyes.

“Jung…Jungkook?”

“I am. I know what you did that night and that made Hyewin almost lost her life.” Jungkook said calmly but she could feel anger from his orbs. Yes, she almost killed his girlfriend just because of a text.

“I’m…I’m sorry…” She said lowering her head down.

“No one knows about it yet and I’m not going to tell anyone either. But you have to stop whatever you want to do with us. Because I’ll not let it happen ever again.” He said seriously. She gulped.

“O..ok…”

“That’s our deal. Then just walk forward, don’t turn back.” He said and she ran off didn’t care to ask him why anymore.

Jungkook then turned into the small alley didn’t even know someone was following him.  

Hyewin’s POV

In the evening around 5 pm, I wanted to eat ice cream, so I had to come out to the nearby store. I asked Jungkook for accompany but he said he was busy. Aish, what kind of boyfriend was he?

As I was about to turn the corner, I caught a figure walking into a dark alley.

“Wait…is that the stranger?” I mumbled to myself and my feet leaded me to follow him. Keeping the distance, I guess he didn’t know my presence.

Finally, I found he was in front of a door. It was dark and quiet yet scary. Hm, what did I get myself into huh?

The stranger opened the door and got in. I quickly ran toward the door and got in as well.

“Hey, are you new here?” When I first stepped in, a guy ask me. He dressed like a hiphop star but he looked so fine.

“Mm…yes…” I replied trying to find the stranger.

“So…how do you get here?”

“Can you please leave me alone and do whatever you want.” I said walking away from him. My eyes scanned around to find the stranger.

“Ayooo!!! May I have your attention please?” The voice echoed from the mic. I covered my ears and everyone turned their eyes to the small stage.

“As we have promised, we’ll bring our best dancer to the stage today. And of course, we always make you excited. Now, for the summer gift, we have prepared what we have never done before. So wanna take a look?” The host asked and the crowded became loud with cheer. I almost got heart attack sometimes.

“Then…what are you waiting for? Music!” As he finished his line, the music came up and three boys came to the stage. I couldn’t see their faces clearly since they put the dim light at first and the dancers had the caps on. But I could recognize one of them, he’s the stranger.

“Let’s make some noise!!!”

“Woooooo!!!!!!!”

“Aish!” I hissed trying to see their faces.

“Kyahhh!!! They’re so handsome! But the maknae never show his face. I wish I could see his face once. They said he’s very good looking.” Two girls shouted at each other in front of me. The Maknae? Oh, it’s the stranger. I wanted to see his face too.

“Well, J-Hope and Jimin are also cool too.” J-Hope? Jimin? I widened my eyes hearing the names.

“Oppas?” I gasped looking at the dancers. I remembered The stranger told me he knew my brother too.

“Ah, this is why Oppa always out in the evening?” I said to myself staring at them. The light was on again as they stopped dancing.  Yes, they were really Hope and Jimin oppa. They were panting hard trying to catch their breath. Meanwhile, the stranger’s eyes caught mine. I waved my hand at him as he glanced at my oppa who didn’t know my presence.

“So how was it?!!!”

“COOL!!!!!!!”

“AWESOME!!!”

The loud cheer raised up but I just focus my eyes on the stranger who also kept his eyes on me. He nudged Hope oppa’s arm and signed him to look at me. I quickly sat down and moved to other angle.

“Next, as I told you, we bonus one more show which we have never show you before. Can you guess?”

“Come on, tell us!”

“Show us!!!”

“Our maknae…”

“Yooohoooo!!!”

“He’s going to sing!!!”

“Kyah!!!!!”

Then Hope and Jimin oppa ran off the stage, the stranger or Maknae was there with the mic.

His eyes scanned around and he stopped at me. I smiled showing his my thumbs and he nodded. As the music came out, I gasped. It was ‘lost stars’, my favorite song and it was also Jungkook’s favorite. We liked to listen to it when we were doing schoolwork.

“Jungkook?” His name just came out from my mouth automatically. I tried to see through the light to his eyes while his eyes were glue to mine too. But I couldn’t tell the feeling.

His voice was so beautiful although it was heard through the mask. Everyone was melt by his voice and me too.

“Winwin?!” As I was into that stranger’s beautiful voice, my name was called by a familiar sound.

“Opp…Oppa?” I stuttered. Hope Oppa looked at me with shock and Jimin Oppa was looking at me with his surprised funny face.

“How dare you getting in here, Winwin?” Jimin oppa asked.

“I…I was following him…and I’m here…” I said pointing to the stranger who finishing his last line of the song.

“Come here” Oppa pulled my hand and we were out of the place. I just followed him quietly and when we were in front of our neighborhood, Hope Oppa turned me to him.

“Don’t you know it’s so dangerous to be there?” He asked. Jimin oppa nodded.

“Jimin, you can go home.” He turned to tell Jimin oppa.

“Ok, good luck, winwin. I’m going to tell Jungkook hashas. This is my advantage.” He said mockingly.

“You!”

“Bye” He sang and ran off.

“You’re too brave, Jung Hyewin”

“But what about you? You always go there without anyone knows and what’s the matter when I go there too?”

“I said it’s dangerous.”

“I’m going to tell Appa and Omma.” I said turning my heel but he held my shoulders.

“Listen, Winwin, I’m a boy and I don’t care whatever your reason is, just don’t go into that kind of place again, ok?”

“But…”

“Don’t tell them, I do this just to kill the stress…”

“Oppa…”

“Let make a deal.”

“What?”
“Keep this a secret. I don’t tell Jungkook that you go to that place, you know Jungkook hates it, right? And you’re not going to tell this to our parents, deal?”

“O…k…”

“Good” He said ruffing my hair and ran to our house. Aish, I never thought, my brother could dance that well and Jimin oppa too. They were cool though.

“Hey!” A hand on my shoulder startling me.

“Jungkook?” I held my chest shockingly.

“Why you look so full of doubt huh?” He asked with a soft chuckle.

“No…nothing…” I tried to avoid his eyes as he stared at me with his bright eyes.

“Did you get ice cream?”

“Mm…what? Ice cream? Oh, not yet.”

“Let’s have it together.” He said taking my hand. I looked down to my hand which covered by his and I felt somehow warm.

With ice cream in each hands, we ate quietly on the swing in Kid’s school. It’s around 7, so it’s so quiet. I didn’t feel scared at all because Jungkook was there. I suddenly remembered that stranger with the song ‘lost stars’.

“Jungkook…”

“Hm?”

“You remember ‘lost stars’?”

“Mm, why not? Our favorite song.”

“I wonder if you can sing it…”

“Sing?”

“Hm” I nodded turning to look at him. He smirked finishing his ice cream and stood up. I looked up to him as he looked down to me.

“I think, it’s the right time to tell you everything…or you’re going to say you don’t know me well…” He said giving me his hand. I took it and he pulled me up to stand in front of him. I frowned at him didn’t get what he was talking about.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Do you remember this?” He mumbled and crushed his lips to mine. I was surprised by his sudden kiss but what startled me more was his hand. His hand was covering my eyes while kissing me. Something hit my head and I remembered the stranger once kiss me that way to shut me up.

“You?” I quickly pushed him away and looked at him with my wide eyes.

“You…you’re telling me you’re that…”

“Stranger” Bang!!!! That’s it!!! I put my hands to my sides and stood still. Why everything about him was so complicated while I always thought we were just normal like other kids. But…I found he had so many secrets which I was afraid to discover more.

“What…what else I don’t know about you, Jungkook?” I asked staring at him with my teary eyes. They were just got teary unknowingly.  

“Nothing left”

“But…why I’m afraid to hear more? Why am I scared to know more about you, Jungkook?” I asked with my tears rolling down.

“…” He shook his head trying to catch my hand but I took it back.

“I feel like I’m a fool…”

“Winwin, really, there’s nothing left for me to hide…”

“I’m scared! I’m afraid!”

“Winwin…”

“You acted as you know nothing…innocent…but now, I found, you actually can talk, you can sing, you can dance. Is this devil side of you? And where is the angel going? Just come back already!” I said sitting down sobbing. I heard his sigh as he sat down beside me.

“I’m sorry, Winwin…” He said. I didn’t care and just kept crying as he was beside. Well, I had mysterious boyfriend.

“Like I said, nothing to hide now.” He said pulling me into his embrace.

“You bad, bad, bad, bad!!! You lair!!!” I mumbled hitting his shoulder as he kept me in his arms. First, a fake mute and then a fake stranger…should I believe him that he had no secret to hide anymore?