Chapter 4 - We will protect you. [EDITED]

The Element
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN TOTALL EDITED. 

Jong In checked So Yoon for the seventh time in their way to his car. So Yoon was walking a few steps behind him, she was still trying to understand what had just happened, the images reproduced at the speed of light in her head. She was trying to understand why that man had chased her and had tried to kill he, how Jong In had appeared out of nowhere but above all what meant everything that the man had said. 

So Yoon stopped for a moment, she couldn't deny he had actually saved her life but she was totally freaking out, he had appeared there by magic and that man had dissapeared also by magic, she couldn't understand nothing.  Jong In turned to her when he noticed she wasnt' walking besides him, he found her looking at him with a scary look and a pale face, the boy walked to her but she made a step back. Jong In sighed and smiled, he tried to give her a sweet and calm smile.

- Everything is going to be alright, So Yoon - he said- Trust me, can you? I will take you with Chan Yeol and Bo Na, ok? - he offered his hand to her, So Yoon looked first his hand and then she looked at him, the boy bent his head and smiled to her, she sighed and accepted his hand- Let's go. 

They arrived after half an hour. So Yoon realized that they had reached a friendly neighborhood consisted of terraced houses. The taxi stopped in front of two houses  withthe same color and with the same garden unadorned. She immediately recognized Joon Myeon's  black Volvo parked outside, even his car was perfect. Jong In payed the taxi driver and opened the car's door for her, he was such a gentleman.

- I thought we went to see Chan Yeol and Bo Na - So Yoon murmured when they crossed the fence.

- And we do - he said smiling- All of them are here - he looked for her keys- Oh, that is Chan Yeol's house - he pointed to the house next door.

- What!? - she said totally surprised

She was about to ask for that topic when Bo Na appeared in front of her and jumped into her arms. 

- So Yoona! -her friend yelled while hugging her- Are you ok? - he asked her; she pulled her away to look good and see if she had any scratch- Oh my God I'm so sorry, I'm really sorry.

- I'm ok, I'm ok -So Yoon spinning on herself  to show her fried that she was perfect- You don't have to be sorry, you didn't even know I will be out and something could happen to me. 

- Thank you Jong In- Chan Yeol patred his shoulder this one shrugge smiling- Are you really ok? You have no hurt, right? 

- I told you I'm fine, Jong In appeared in the perfect time- So Yoon smiled to him - I don't know how but he did it. 

She moved her eyes around the room, all of them were there, all of them except Joon Myeon, in fact she was grateful Joon Myeon wasn't there so he couldn't see her that nervous. She noticed that everyone looked worried at her and that's when she realized she was trembling from head to toe.

- You should go to rest - Xiu Min pointed to the stairs - You have to be really exhausted and shocked.

- I'm not gonna lie to you guys - she laughed nervously- But I can do that in my own house, I don't want to disturb any of you. 

- You don't disturb noona - Se Hun shook his head.

- Exactly - Jong In approached to her and placed one hand on her back to make her walk upstairs- You can rest in my room, we will talk when you wake up. 

She felt her skin prickle as she felt his hand on her waist. Jong In guided her in the upper floor. It was a long corridor with five doors. Jong In stopped at the first doro on the left.

- Look, I leave some of my clothes here, so you can wear more comfortable - he said opening the closet- You sould go to the shower. 

- Jong In, really thank you - she said when she was about to enter into the bathroom- I-I'm really trying to explain myself what has happened before but I can't -her head hurt trying to look for the proper words- I don't know who was that man and how you appeared...

- We will explain everything after you sleep a little bit,ok? - he cut her softly- And now go to the shower, don't make me shower yourself as you were a little girl- he jokes and I sigh smiling entering the bathroom. 

When So Yoon woke up she wasn't sure what hour was, she thought it should be noon as the sun shone on the very top, the roar of her stomach confirmed her it was about the lunch time. She got out of bed and looked in the mirror that Jong In had standing in front of the bed; she looked dark circles and Jong In's clothes were huge for her, he had let her a grey tracksuit and a red t-shirt with hsi name and 88 in the back. She walked outside the room and went downstairs. She stand still looking the view in the huge living toom, they look like a big family and not just a bunch of friends. So Yoon could see Se Hun and Jong In playing videogrames and Min Seok looking at them as he was waiting for his turn to play, Yi Xing was adorably sleeping in the couch; she spotted Kyung Soo trying to hit Baek Hyun and she had to hold her laught. Only when she went downstairs she could see Chan Yeol, Bo Na, Chen, and to her surpise, Joon Myeon, he was there sitting in the same table as her two best friend and with a serious gaze, they looked so worried that So Yoon's hart hurt.

- Oh, you have woken up!  - Chen was the first to see her.

- Mmm yes- she murmured and went straight to the table. She could see how Joon Myeon looked at her in a strange way as he was judging her because of the clothes or something. I have to look terrible- Are you guys going to...

- Explain you everything? - Chan Yeol ended for her and she nodded- Of course we are, but you should sit comfortably before- he pointed to the couch and Yi Xing, that was now awake, withdrew to let her space. 

- I guess you have a lot of questions - Joon Myeon talked directly to her and sat on the edge of teh coffe table- I hope we can answer them all.

- Can we start with this mark? - she showed them her wrist and all of them look at it curious- I read about it, it's called triskel, right? - she looked to Joon Myeon who nodded- I read it's a solar symbol, something about union of the three elements of the triad, earth, water and air...totality and renewal...evolution and balance between mind and spirit - she tried to remember everything she had read.

- It's a magical symbol - Kyung Soo answered grabbing her wrist - It means the total power, in the old age only the big druids had this sign, it's something that means you have a bi g power, the BIG POWER - he emphasized the last words showing her herself mark. 

- But I have never done a tattoo, I'm not very into that - she shook her head. 

- That isn't a tattoo - Chen added with a teasing tone - You have already said, it's a mark, all of us have one, it means our power.

- Our what? - she said blankly- I have no power.

- We are gonna explain you that before - Yi Xing patted her shoulder trying to calm her down. 

- Ok, I have other question, why did that man call you EXO? - she looked to Jong In- And why did he call me the element? And why the did he want to kill me? I did nothing wrong, I live for study and work, why would anyone want to kill me? - she said raising her voice and Yi Xing her arm making her feel much better. However his power didn't work totally since So Yoon couldn't stop moving her legs.

-That man was Akan's henchman - Jong In answered- And he called me EXO because that is our name - he pointed to them. That's absurd, why would they call themselves with that absurd name? - We...we have to protect you from him, it's for that I was there in the park, I have to take care of you while you were running, you are pretty fast, you know? - he looked at her narrowly- You received your mark yesterday so we already knew you were exposed to more danger so we had to be extremely careful, and I almost screw up. 

- I don't get it - she rose her hands to stop him- I got my mark? Because of that mark I was exposed to that man? And why do you have to protect me from Akan? And who is that Akan and what have I done to him that he wants to kill me? 

 - Min Seok - Joon Myeon lookd to the other boy. 

- Soo Yoona - he started- We know it's to hard to understand, ok? We are doing our best. You are the element, the element is the person in charge of ending with Akan which is the darkness in person, and he is preparing to act. He acted once and the last element could hardly stop him, now it's our turn to finish the task, you have to kill him decisively so the Earth can continue in peace - every word slapped her.she couldn't understand anything, her head was going to explode with such information. She felt as she was dreaming, in a long and tired dream- We will help you, Soo Yoona. You have us, we are here to protect you, to make you succeed in this task. 

- Ok - she laughed nervously and stood up- This is a joke, right? - she looked to every face of them- You are kidding me, aren't you? It's enough guys, I get you, I get the joke - she looked to Bo Na who was looking at her with a sad and worried eyes- It's because I get mad about you and Joon Myeon? - this one looked at her  frowning- Because it's not even funny. How can I get rid of the mark? I don't really like tattoos.

- You can't- Kyung Soo answered with a serious tone- And this isn't a joke. 

- We are serious - Yi Xing looked at her nodding- We are not kidding, I have mine too -   he moved away his t-shirt to show me his mark on the shoulder, which was a ind of unicorn- All of us have one. 

- Which is your power? - I pointed to Se Hun. He moved his hands and as a magic trick he created a small whirlwind between them- No ing way - she said with her jawn dropped- How have you done that? Is it a magic trick? - Se Hun closed his eyes and sight as he was tired because she couldn't understand him- I'm sorry but I can't believe you, this is crazy, do you really think I'm gonna believe all of you are heroes and that I'm one of those heroes who have to end with that Akan, who is he? The villian? So which is your power Bo Na? - she moved her head to her best friend- You can fly? 

- No, I can't - she shook her head- I'm a guardian, your guardian- she pointed her- My ancestors were the guardians of the element, the last almost let the element die, and now it's my turn to make you end with Akan. 

- My guardian? No, you are my best friend. And you Chan Yeol? - she looked at him. 

He didn't answer her but showed her a flame in his hand. So Yoon stepped back when she saw her friend playing with fire. She was hypnotized, staring intermittently flame and his friend, she couldn't see what she was seeing, her lifelong friend, the same guy with whom she played in the park was now in front of her managing a small flame in his hand.

- Fire - she answered nodding and laughed at the unreal situation- Ok - she said getting up - I should come back to my home and go straight to bed because fatigue is playing tricks on me. 

- I'm sure weird things have appened to you lately, right? -Joon Myeon sked her suddenly - You have felt as someone follows you, you have seen strange people, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter