Chapter 1 - I've missed you so much

The Element
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a really awful day, meteorologically speaking​, because for So Yoon was a really happy day. She didn't understand why her parents had suddenly decided to go to her aunt's house but she loved the idea, she had always loved her aunte, she was funny and lovely and she cooked really well, she loved the ide of spent Christmas there. She was in the car hearing her parents talking happily about all the plans they had to do together: sleigh riding, skating on the frozen lake t and enjoy the huge chocolate cake that her aunt had prepared. She couldn't wait to arrive there. Iggy Pop sounded on the car, it was her father's favourite artist, she knew all the songs of Iggy because his father sang them all day, she loved arrived at home and listened to him singing or be awakened by a song ringing through the house like the best melody in the world.

- Oh, it's raining again - her father noticed and actived the wiper. He looked to his wife who looked to the sky with a worried gaze- It's just rain - he whispered and he squezeed her hand reassuringly.

- Yes - she nodded- I just want to arrive soon - she tried to smiled lacing her fingers with his.

- It's raining bunny - he catched his daughter's attention- And you know what that means!? - he smiled to her through the mirror.

- SNOW!! - father and daughter shouted at the same time. 

But it wasn't snow what rain became. The sky was darker every minute and some lightning began to light the sky. So Yoon looked at the sky but she didn't understand why her mother looked to it so worried. It was a huge dark cloud that covered all the sky, but it wasn't just a black cloud there were yellow clouds that were terrifying. It was the most horrible storm that So Yoon had seen in her short life. She curled up in her seat and covered her ears to protect herself against noise of the storm. The rain started to fall stronger, so strong that was hard to see the road.

- So Hyun! - her mother shouted pointed to something that was supposed to the in the middle of the road but So Yoon couldn't see it.

Her mother shouted again before his father lost control of the wheel. Everything was so fast, the car skidded on the wet road and rolled several times on itself until it rolled over. So Yoon tried to grab the seat of his father, but that did not stop the terrible impact. 

She woke up n the middle of the road, the first thing she saw was a lot of people around here with reflect jackets and a lot of health would implement. She tried to move but paramedics stopped her. She took off her oxygen mask to talk.

- Where are my parents!? - she said almost without voice. She looked at her hands that were covered in blood.

- Miss, you should stay calm. We are here to take care of you - the man said laying her back - Can you say your name?

- Where are my parents? - she asked again.

- Her name, miss- the man repeated.

- Kim So Yoon - she said trying to stay calm- My name is Kim So Yoon. Where are my parents? 

- We told you later, Kim Soo Yoonshi - the paramedics said and made asignal to the others who lifted her. 

 

 

- And he doesn't talk you in these days? - Bo Na sayid while choosing the cake.

- I told you he doesn't talk me, he even avoid me in the corridors- she whispered looking to the cakes-  I think I'm gonna eat the pink one. 

- And you really didn't do anything bad, right? - she chose the blue- One blue and other pink, please. 

- I didn't do - she repeated- I have been thinking about what I could have done wrong but I can't find anything.

- Maybe you just didn't do anything wrong - her friend shrugged-  You now, he is a boy and the boys are rare, maybe tomorrow he talks you again. 

- We couldn't even have his birthday party - she said and she bit the cake, which was really good - I'm sure he hanged out with those stupids boys. 

- Listen, let's stop talking about Chan Yeol and those boys and just gonna eat this delicious cake, please - she smiled looking to the cake.

- Yes, you are right...I'm sorry - So Yoon smiled and bit the cake - Listen, I'm just sick that you can eat everything and don't get fat.

- It's genetic and you don't get fat easilly either.

- Of course, because I run for two hours every night - she rolled her eyes- I hope I had your genetic. 

 

- Why do you have to go to run so late? - Bo Na asked her - 

- Because I end my job late so I have to run late and I have to train if I want to join the team - she kept the books in the locker and made a face to her friend. 

- Do you still think about joining the track team? 

- Of course- she affirmed- I love running and being on the team this year can give me more opportunities to get a scholarship for college.

- You should sleep more So Yoona, and study more- she scolded her friend pointing to her books.

- I know it, stop saying that- she complained and in that moment, as every time they came, everything stayed in silent- Here they are - she whispered and leaned at the locker- Why have they to do such an entrance? 

They passed by their side, the nine of them had that aura of important people. Well, all of them were from important families but it wasn't that important aura, they looked like the only students who had something important to do there, they carried a light that was unusual, as if they had their own spotlights. So Yoon really hated them. And now her best friend was with them. They used to laugh at their entrance every morning and now she couldn't even make a grimace because he was there, standing with them. He was talking with one of them, one of the shortest, Baek Hyun she guessed, he was laughing with him and they looked like they had been lifelong best friends. Chan Yeol got serious when he met her and quickly looked away. She hated the way he looked at her now, it was like trying to apologize for something he had done, something she couldn't know what was. 

 

 - Can you not to do that every morning, Se Hun? - Su Ho scolded him when they got to class.

- Why? It's funny - Baek Hyun shrugged smiling - I like the way they look at us, as in a film.

- This is not a film - Su Ho rolled his eyes- It's highschool.

He stuck his tongue when his friend turned to sit and made a head movement ignoring him. 

- You should talk to her - Baek Hyun said turning around to Chan Yeol who looked at him with a confused look- I know what hyung told you but talk to her doesn't gonna hurt us. Look you heard Bo Na, she misses you -he talked sincerely-  She isn't even so mad at you, she just wants explanations.

- Are you telling me I have to tell her what we are? - Chan Yeol asked him not catching the idea

- No...well - he moved his head and approached more to his friend trying to speak just for him-...just try to explain her that we aren't as bad as she thinks and...hyung doesn't have to know about that - he smirks.

Chan Yeol moved his head smiling and he high-fived with his friend before focus on his books.

Baek Hyun had been the closest to him sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter