Pizza & Video Games

Crimson

Within the next few hours, Kris learned some very interesting things about Chanyeol.

Firstly, he had the attention span of a drop of water.

Also, he at statistics.

"No, that's not...just erase that. Okay, let's just focus on these four points here. We have to find the standard deviation between them, right? So what equation can we use to find the variance?" Kris asked, trying to maintain his patience.

"Ummm, a linear regression?" Chanyeol guessed. Kris rubbed his forehead, feeling exasperated.

Why was Chanyeol even in statistics? 

"No Chanyeol, that's not an equation. Look, we have to work out the mean, which is the average. Then, we have to subtract the mean and square the results. After that, we have to work out the average of the--"

"I don't know what your saying," Chanyeol groaned, thumping his head on the table. Kris felt like doing the same thing.

A loud ding sounded from the kitchen, and Chanyeol shot up out of his seat, shouting, "Pizza's ready!"

Kris sighed thankfully and sat back in his seat, closing his eyes and trying to ignore his stomach's rumbling. He hadn't realized they'd been working for so long. Then again, Chanyeol had forgotten to turn on the oven, so that meant having to wait an extra hour for the food. He was more than ready to be done studying.

Kris got up and went into the kitchen, glancing over Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Chanyeol, maybe we should take a break," Kris suggested. Chanyeol had tuned him out and was completely unaware of his presence, mostly because he was incredibly focused on the pizzas and marveling at how nice they'd turned out.

"Hey Kris, is it ok if we take a break?" Chanyeol called over his shoulder (and pretty much into Kris's face), noticing Kris at the same time and jumping a little. Kris rolled his eyes but smiled anyway.

"Oh crap, sorry. I didn't realize you were right there," Chanyeol laughed, turning back around and slicing up the pizza.

"Yeah, we can take a break. We weren't getting much done anyway," Kris said with a shrug, placing his hand in the middle of Chanyeol's back and resting his chin on his shoulder.

Chanyeol stopped moving and Kris felt every muscle in Chanyeol's back go rigid. He glanced at his friend, who was staring at the pizza, his mouth a fine line and eyebrows turned downwards.

"Are you okay?" Kris asked, completely oblivious to the fact that HE was the reason Chanyeol was very not okay.

Chanyeol turned and made eye contact with Kris, catching the older male off guard and causing him to step back.

Kris felt his stomach drop as Chanyeol just stared at him, a dark glint in his eyes. Out of nervousness, Kris ran his tongue over his bottom lip and cleared his throat.

He almost fell on the floor when Chanyeol quite obviously glanced down at his mouth and then back up at him again, blinking in what seemed like slow motion as he bit his own lip.

Oh god.

Oh god.

It took Kris a second to register that Chanyeol was actually leaning towards him. When he did realize, he turned and quickly walked away.

"I'll set up the PS4 so we can play while we eat," he called, plopping down in the living room and grabbing the game console. As he worked, he tried very hard to calm his heart and steady his breathing, but nothing worked. His hands were getting clammy and his stomach would not stop twisting and he felt like he was going to he sick. God, he felt like an idiot.

They'd been friends for nearly four months. But somehow, within that time, their relationship had grown into something more. He couldn't find a word to describe it, but he knew it was anything but friendship. That much was obvious, because friends didn't go around staring at each other's lips and getting by the way the other smelled or having fantasies about...well, things.

Kris wanted Chanyeol; he knew that much. And from whatever had just happened less than three minutes ago, there was a possibility that maybe Chanyeol wanted him back. 

So why? Why did he keep running away?

Because I'm a coward.

Kris ran a hand through his hair and shook his head at the thought. Whatever. He wasn't about to deal with this now. Maybe it'd be better to just ignore it.

He grabbed the stack of video game cases and started sorting through them. He picked up the controllers and sat on the couch, making space on the coffee table for the pizza Chanyeol brought in a few moments later.

"Thanks, man," Kris said in the most normal voice possible as he reached for a slice of pepperoni.

Chanyeol settled down next to him, quietly murmuring "no problem."

Kris tossed a controller at Chanyeol, who caught it and started up the game while reaching for a slice of pizza himself.

"What're we playing?" Chanyeol asked around a mouthful of pizza. He already had tomato sauce on his cheek.

"Diablo 3. And just so you know, I'm gonna kick your aśś," Kris announced, selecting his favorite character, the Monk.

Finally, Chanyeol cracked a grin, choosing the Barbarian character.

"Not if I kick yours first."

*