Shut Up

Crimson

Kris yawned and stretched his arms above his head, smiling lazily when he felt warm sunlight on his fingertips. He rubbed his eyes and shivered as he pulled the blankets over his shoulder, cuddling against a warm mass of skin.

Wait, skin?

Kris yelped and scooted away, falling off the bed in the process.

"Ow."

He peered over the edge of the bed with wide eyes, staring at the stranger's , admiring sharp shoulder blades and defined muscles. The stranger shifted suddenly, groaning like a walrus and facing Kris. His hair was sticking out in every possible direction, and there was drool in the corner of his mouth. Kris sighed in relief. His face turn red with embarrassment as well, mostly because he’d forgotten about…

Well, this.

Kris had been with people before, both men and women. The interactions had meant nothing to him; he’d been young and stupid and had only slept around to satisfy his needs and curiosity. He’d never felt a “spark” or a “connection” with his one-night-stands, mostly because he didn’t allow himself to.

But this time…this time was different.

As he looked at Chanyeol with tender eyes, thinking about the night before, a strange sensation settled across his chest. It replaced the emptiness he had always carried around. He couldn’t really describe it; all he knew was that he’d never felt it before. It was warm and comforting and heavy, but a good kind of heavy.

He could only guess that the feeling was something close to—what was that word?

Kris suddenly felt a strange breeze, and he snapped out of his thoughts. He glanced down and felt his face redden for the third time. He was stark nāked.

“Shìt, where are my clothes?” he muttered, looking around the bedroom. His eye caught something in the doorway, and he noticed that all his clothes were strewn along the hallway leading up to Chanyeol’s bedroom.

If his face had felt warm before, it was burning up now. Kris felt uncomfortable being nāked, but even though he was freezing, he didn’t feel like walking over there. Instead, he stretched for the item of clothing closest to him (a pair of SpongeBob boxers that definitely were not his) and quickly slipped them on. At least he wouldn’t be completely exposed.

After getting back into bed and rearranging the blanket to provide some coverage of Chanyeol’s…everything…Kris scooted closer to him and watched as he slept.  After a moment, he hesitantly reached out to brush Chanyeol’s hair away from his face. A shiver ran down his spine at the feeling of his cold fingers against Chanyeol’s forehead. Kris could not understand how Chanyeol was always hot when he was always cold. Kris ran his fingers through Chanyeol’s hair in an attempt to warm them up, letting the messy locks glide through his fingers. Chanyeol sighed contently and mumbled something.

"Hey, are you awake?” Kris murmured. Chanyeol nodded, his hair tickling Kris’s nose.

“Keep playing with my hair, it feels nice,” he sighed. Kris’s face turned bright red at the feeling of Chanyeol’s body moving against his. He tried to shift away.

“Stop fidgeting, I’m so comfortable right now,” Chanyeol mumbled, flinging his arm around Kris’s waist and pulling him close.

“But your leg is…touching me,” Kris muttered awkwardly.

“Yeah, it’s called cuddling.”

“Chanyeol—“

 Chanyeol laughed, holding himself up on his elbow and looking down at Kris with a teasing grin.

“Aww, are you being shy? I don’t know why you would be, especially after last ni—“

Kris clamped his hand against Chanyeol’s mouth, narrowing his eyes. “Shut up.”

 “Fine, I didn’t want to cuddle with you anyway, you big grump,” Chanyeol muttered, smacking Kris’s hand away and turning around.

Kris blinked in confusion.

It’s not that he didn’t want to, uh…cuddle…it’s just that Chanyeol was still freaking bútt nāked. Did he have no dignity? Did he have no shame?

“Can you at least put on some clothes?” Kris said after a minute.

“What difference does a piece of cloth make, Kris?”

“I don’t know.”

“…You’re weird.”

Chanyeol got up anyway, striding over to his dresser and rummaging through the top drawer. Kris hid his face in his pillow. No shame. Absolutely none.

A few minutes later, he felt Chanyeol get back into the bed. “Okay Mr. Innocent, I’m wearing boxers. Do I have clearance to land?” Chanyeol teased.

“It’s too early for dumb jokes, Chanyeol,” Kris groaned. Chanyeol laughed and sidled up to Kris, nuzzling his face against his neck.

“It’s too early for you to be moody,” Chanyeol answered, running his hand down Kris’s side and letting it come to rest on his waist.

Kris turned red. Again.

“Sorry.”

 “It’s okay, I forgive you,” Chanyeol said, giving Kris a gentle peck on the mouth. Kris pursed his lips and stared at Chanyeol.

“What are you—“

“You’re so slow, you’re just so slow,” Chanyeol interrupted and leaned in again. Kris tried to pull away, but Chanyeol grabbed his jaw, glaring at him.

“Ow. Chanyeol, that hurts.”

“Stop. Running. Away. From. Me.”

“Sorry.”

“Stop apologizing.”

“Sorr—“

Chanyeol let out an exasperated huff and pulled Kris on top of him. He slung his arms around Kris’s neck and brought the other man down, kissing him hard. Kris settled against Chanyeol, finally relaxing a little bit as he returned the kiss and tangled his fingers in Chanyeol’s hair. Somehow, somehow, Chanyeol still tasted like sour candy, and Kris found himself greedily into Chanyeol’s mouth. Chanyeol’s tongue clashed with his, but Kris bit down on his lip to make him stop.

"See, now that’s more like it,” Chanyeol chuckled against his mouth.

“Shut up.”

*