Prologue

A Fool For You

“Hyung? Hyung? Chanyeol-hyung!”

“Huh? Oh, Kyung Soo.”

“You were spacing out again.”

“Yaaah, I wasn’t. The view is just amazing, I got mesmerized. You were talking about the movie you just watched, right? See, I was listening.”

“What view? We’re in the studio.”

“Sometimes you just lack imagination, Kyung Soo,” Chanyeol said and laughed as he brushed me off.

I caught him staring somewhere again. Somewhere far. These days, Chanyeol has been zoning out a lot.

He’s still the same vibrant mischievous kid but he also has that side that not everyone knows. Being with him for years, I would know when something is bothering him. Heck, all twelve—I mean, eleven of us has trained and lived together for years, we know when something is up. And right now, we can tell by just looking at him that something has indeed changed. The Chanyeol right in front of us is not the Chanyeol we knew. The change is neither bad nor good. He sort of grew up, again. And we all knew why.

This may sound like a cheesy story to you people. This story has probably been overused in countless dramas and movies that it sounds so cliché but when you’ve gone through it, you know it’s the real deal. And Chanyeol has gone through that. We’ve all seen it with our own eyes. The story I’m going to tell you is the story of a friend so dear to me. I’m telling the story based on what we’ve seen and what we’ve heard from the main characters. I’m telling you the story because it is a story so common that when it actually happens to you or to even someone you know, it still feels extraordinary.