Myungsoo

Breathing Shadows Like An Underdog.
 

'What? Why are you telling me this now?' I asked her, pacing back and forth. Sulli shrugged her shoulders and looked down. 

'I wasn't so sure about it, but the way how he described what had happened was a bit odd,' she told me. I raised an eyebrow. 

'Odd? Maybe, it's just you?' I didn't want to think that there was more to it. I wanted this case to be closed. To be ended. Finito.

'But-'

'You're not sure, right?' I said, interrupting her. 

She stayed silent for a bit. Jinyoung looked at her and then back at me. 

'Hear her out,' he told me. I stopped and gave him a look. I closed my eyes and sighed, trying to keep myself calm. 

'Okay, you're sure it's not one of those impulsive thoughts you have?' I knew her. It wasn't the first time that she was talking about nonsense. If she is going to try to mess with me-

'She's not,' Jinyoung retorted, looking at me sternly. Why do I keep forgetting that he could read my mind? 'If you don't believe her, then believe me,' 

I turned to him and raised an eyebrow. 

'You know that I was there when you were unconscious. When you couldn't hear me, I searched for you everywhere and accidentally found Sulli near the fountain. I passed by shortly and saw another person standing at her feet with a knife. It was too dark for my eyes to see who it was, so I left, because I was in a hurry and I feared that the same thing would have happened to you. Then, after Sulli told me that she couldn't recognize the culprit from INFINITE, I started to doubt if they really caught everyone.' 

'He wasn't one of them,' Sulli's voice broke and her eyes started to water. I uncrossed my arms and quietly went to sit next to her. I wanted to put an arm around her, but reminded myself that she might not like it

'H-He had a mask... So, I only remember his voice.'

I frowned again. 'So, you're saying that Woohyun is innocent?' 

She shook her head, again. 'No, Woohyun did cruel things, too. But not what everyone thinks,'

"So, Woohyun didn't kill you, but who did?"

She shrugged her shoulders, when I heard a faint knock on my door. I went to open it and saw Myungsoo standing with his hands in his pockets. 

"Hi, it's me, again,' he smiled, wryly. 

I smiled, too and leant against the door. "Hi,"

'I know that we don't know each other that well, but I was wondering if I could borrow your laptop for a bit. My internet connection hasn't been installed, yet,' he told me. 

'Sure,' I answered and let him into my room. I closed the door and looked around and saw that Jinyoung and Sulli disappeared. I took my laptop and gave it to him, motioning that he could sit at the table in my kitchen. 

'Do you want to drink something?' I asked him. 

'If it's not too much, Green Tea would be okay,' he smiled, sitting down in front of my laptop. I nodded and started to boil the water. After doing so, I leaned with my back against the stove and watched Myungsoo, as he figured out how my laptop worked. 

'How is your moving going?' I asked, and he raised his head to look at me.

'Almost finished. I just need to pick up a few things from my home, but aside of that, I'm almost officially moved in,' 

I nodded and poured the boiled water into a mug. With the tea bag and mug, I placed it down on the table and shove it towards him. 

'Thanks,' he told me. I smiled. Grabbing another cup for myself, I walked past him, but then stopped when I curiously saw what he was researching on. 

'Oh, you're searching for a job?'  I asked. 

He nodded. 'More like a part time job,'

I made an 'oh' and sat down next to him.

'So, if you know a place where they accept people, do tell me,' he laughed and soaked his tea bag into his mug. 

I tilted my head and looked at him. 'Do you have a preference?'

He shook his head and took a sip. 'Not really,'

I nodded, until something crossed my mind. 'Oh, last week, I passed by a coffee shop around the corner and if I remember correctly, they were searching for people,' 

He raised an eyebrow and took another sip. 'Great, I'll go there tomorrow.' As a thank you, he smiled friendly and put his mug against his lips. 

I smiled, too and felt somehow a bit awkward around him, as I didn't know what to say anymore. Was it because we didn't know each other well? Or is it his aura when he looked at me with those rounded eyes? He was quite handsome, but somehow a bit intimidating, like a cold city boy who didn't care about much.

We stayed silent for a bit, until I tried to start another conversation. 

'Are you still a student?' 

He put down his mug and tilted his head, looking at me. 'What do you think?'

I shrugged my shoulders. He does look really young to me, but he couldn't be much younger than I was, right? Maybe, a year younger?

As I didn't say anything, he snickered and looked down at his mug. 'I hope you weren't comparing me with a high schooler, 'cause I get that a lot,' 

'No, not like that.' 

'Okay, then try to guess my age,' he laughed.

I clacked my teeth and pointed at him. 'Nineteen,' 

He laughed and laid his back against his chair, looking at me with an amused look. 'As expected,' 

'You're not? Twenty, then?' 

He shook his head. 'I'm twenty-five,' 

I rounded my eyes and inspected his face for signs of aging. He did not look like a twenty-five year old man at all. I guess good genes run in his family. 

'I graduated college, two years ago,' he told me. I raised my eyebrows and nodded. 

'What did you major?' 

'Computer engineering,' 

'Oh, you're smart,' I said, nudging his arm lightly with my fist. He chuckled and closed my laptop. 

'I think I should go. Thank you for lending your laptop to me,' He slowly stood up and smiled, friendly. I shook my head and stood up, too. I followed him to the door, until he stopped and looked at my wall. There was a picture of Sulli and me with another girl when we were still toddlers. 

'Is that you?' he asked, pointing at the girl with long brown hair, standing next to Sulli. I chuckled and  shook my head. 

'No, that's Nam Joo. I'm on the left,' 

'Nam Joo?' he asked, with a slight whisper. His eyes widened from curiosity.

'Yes, someone I used to know. Her mother worked at my house as a housekeeper when I was little , so she would at times bring over Nam Joo.'

'Childhood friends?' 

I shook my head, again. 'I didn't know her that well. I only saw her two times, until her mother stopped working and went to live abroad. Since then, I've lost contact with her,' 

Myungsoo stared back at the picture and the frame with his finger, like he was reminiscing something. 

'Nam Joo,' I heard him repeat in a soft voice. He closed his eyes, before opening them with a smile. 

'Well, goodnight Miri,' 

'Goodnight, Myungsoo,' I said, opening the door for him. He stepped out of my room and waved goodbye, before he left. 

 

"See, he's not that strange," I said, turning myself around to Jinyoung or Sulli. But neither did both of them appear in front of me. Where did they go? I yawned as I looked around the room. Still no sign. I stretched my arms and cracked my neck from being so stiff all day. I'll deal with them tomorrow. First, I need some sleep. 

...

 

"Where did you for god sake meet that handsome boy?" Krystal asked, as she sipped from her cup of coffee and sneaked glances to the boy at the counter. I turned around and looked at him. Watching him until he caught me looking, I gave him a small wink, before turning back to her. 

"You mean Myungsoo?"

"Is that his name? Wait, you know him?!"

I nodded and twirled a coffee cup between my fingers. 

"He's kind of my neighbor. He lives in that penthouse of Sulli for over a month now,"

"Really?" Her eyes widened, as she inched closer to me and whispered. "Why didn't you introduce me?"

"Introduce? Oh, you want an introduction?" I laughed out loud. Krystal turned red and hushed me, when people started to look at us. 

"I didn't know he was your type," I said, rubbing the back of my neck. 

"He's not. I just happened to find him really friendly,"

"Have you talked to him?"

"Y-Yeah, ordering food, err coffee, duhh,"

"I mean, beside ordering your daily cup of coffee,"

Without saying anything, Krystal blushed more and rapidly looked down. A smell of men cologne invaded my nose and I looked to my side. There was Myungsoo standing in his sleeveless white t-shirt and white-washed jeans. He leant in and grabbed my cup from my hands.

"You want to order something?" he asked, smiling at the both of us. 

I looked at him and then back at Krystal with a smirk. Talking about the devil. I laid back on my chair and crossed my arms. 

"No, I don't need to order. How about you, Krystal?" 

Krystal twitched and shyly shook her head. 

"Oh, you're Krystal?" Myungsoo asked, making her raise her head in surprise, "Nice to meet you. I heard a lot about you from Miri,"

"H-Huh?" she stuttered. 

Myungsoo laughed and wanted to say something, but got cut off by a customer entering the coffee shop. "Just a minute,"

As soon as he left, I raised my eyebrows and smiled at Krystal. "Here's your chance,"

"You talked about me?"

"What kind of friend would I be if I didn't tell him how awesome you are,"

Krystal laughed. "You two seem close,"

"Not that much. I've only known him for a month now, but we get along very well. He's still trying to blend in, so I'm helping him a bit,"

She nodded. Myungsoo returned at our table with his hand running through his hair, as he blew up his cheeks from exhaustion. 

"It's so busy, here. Thanks again for helping me get this job," he told me with a smile. I smiled back and looked around. It was indeed busy. But the vast majority of customers were girls. I guess Krystal wasn't the only one crushing on him. 

"When does your shift end?" I asked him. He looked at his watch and then smiled. 

"Now," 

He grabbed a chair and went to sit next to us, making us receive some jealous glares from girls. I rolled my eyes and nudged his shoulder lightly. Mungsoo stuck out his tongue, knowing what he had just done. 

Krystal watched us both, before clearing and looking a bit out of place. 

"Oh, right, this is Krystal," 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Myungsoo," Myungsoo turned to her and stuck out his hand. Krystal nervously stuck out hers and they both shook hands, somehow in a very awkward way. 

I snickered and suddenly remembered something. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you have been enjoying this story a bit :)

Merry Christmas to everyone !!!

Know that I like to read your comments and feel grateful that you read my story ;D

See you soon !!