The Warm Fur Of A Dog.

Breathing Shadows Like An Underdog.

'Sulli?' I asked, surprised. She slightly nodded and remained quiet. It wasn't like her. She was always talkative, but now, I barely recognize her. 

'Can I speak to Jinyoung?'

Sulli shook her head. 

'Why?' I asked, again. 

'He's unable to talk to you at the moment, I'll tell you what you need to know in his place,' she told me, calmly. I shivered when hearing her ice cold voice. Where did the warm Sulli go? 

I looked behind and saw the three of them still staring at me. I ignored them and turned back. 'Do you know how you died?'

She nodded again. 'I was first and beaten to death. I remember the pain very well. I also saw you. You were unconscious on the ground and I was afraid that they might do the same to you, but before they have realized, you woke up and escaped,'

'They? Who are they?'

'There are four of them. I recognize them from the wanted list. They have been charged with shoplifting before. Tell them to search for nr. 10, 25, 50 and 101, those are the ones who killed me,'

I nodded and turned back to the officers. I repeated the numbers Sulli told me and they both looked at me astonished. 'No, it's not possible,' They muttered, 'she can't talk to ghosts. She's making it up,' one of them spoke to the other. I crossed my arms and sighed. 'I can hear you and I really can see ghosts,'

'We have been doing this too long, I think we should take a break. I'm pretty sure she has known this all the time, but is just pretending to talk to ghosts to get in a easy situation to tell us. But I'm grateful for the information. We'll look into it and contact you if we have progressed. You're free to go for now,' he told me while he stood up to unlock my cuffs. I scoffed and looked at him in disbelief. 

'Do you still not believe me? I can really see ghosts,' I told them, but they ignored me and guided us out of the office. Before I went out, I overheard them talking with the secretary.

'How did it go?' 

'Just like no other, again a crazy woman,'

I rolled my eyes and wanted to say something but Krystal pulled me with her outside. I sighed and puffed up my cheek. 'I can't believe they still don't want to believe me,' I told Krystal. I saw her hesitate and I groaned. 'You don't believe me, too, do you?' 

Krystal shifted her eyes uncomfortably. 'I'm sorry , but it's also hard for me to believe since this is the first time I have heard about it and I have known you for a really long time,' she admitted. 'B-But I'll try to believe you,'

I smiled and patted her shoulder. 'That's enough, if it's too hard, then forget about it. It won't change anything between us. I'm more worried about this mess,' I admitted, rubbing the back of my neck.

Krystal nodded and walked with me back to the building complex. 'Is it okay for me to stay a little while? I'm a bit scared,' 

I nodded and smiled lightly. 'I'll take a shower first, I want to get rid of this smell,' I joked, pulling my dress with a disgusted face. For the first time of this day, she smiled. We took the elevator and went to the second floor. I unlocked the door and grabbed some clothes from the ground. My room was a mess and I felt a bit ashamed to have Krystal sleep over. She seemed to notice my embarrassment, but she just smiled it away. She sat down on my bed and looked blankly in front of her. I let her be and hurried myself to the shower. Although we were safe in my room, my heart felt very tight and uneasy. It was like someone was holding my heart and slowly crushing it. I undressed myself and stepped into the shower. I let the warm water glide down my body, washing away the red stains and taking it away down the drain. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. The warmth felt good. I felt like I could become myself and turn off what I need to pretend and what not to.  Very slowly, I began to sob. I grabbed my hair as that feeling in my heart worsened. Letting my guard down means letting my heart accept the pain. That pain is slowly eating away my heart. That feeling from the loss of a loved one. It has been a while since I felt this way. I felt ashamed, dirty, sorry, guilty and mostly, lonely. How could this be possible? How could she die? I slid down the wall on the ground and curled myself up. I feel like dying on the inside. I couldn't breath. My tears tasted salty, compared to the water from the shower. I want this water to drown me and leave my feelings on the water surface, so I could watch them, as I sink deeper and deeper. The pressure... I'm slowly going crazy... You should have taken me with you.

 

 

'Hey, did you fall asleep in bath?' Krystal joked, when she saw me entering the room with a towel around my hair. I smiled and put away my stuff. 

'Aren't you going to take a shower too?' I asked her. 'It will do you good,' 

Krystal shook her head. 'Let me watch my favorite show first,' And she waved the remote at me. 

I chuckled and went to sit next to her. We both watched the show and I put my head on her shoulder. 

'How do you feel?' I asked, after a very long silence. Krystal sighed. 

'I'm actually pretty sad, I'm just watching this show to hide my feelings,'

'You know you don't have to hide your feelings for me,' I said, caressing a few strands of hair behind her ears. 

She nodded and shrugged her shoulders. 'Somehow, I prefer not to show,' 

We both stayed silent and I spent the rest of the day doing my own things, while Krystal returned to pick up her own stuff for her stay. When I was alone in my room, I laid down on my bed and looked at the ceiling pointlessly. Until suddenly, I heard someone sitting next to me. I sat up and looked to my side. There was Jinyoung. I raised my eyebrow and looked at him. He looked very tired. His complexion didn't look well, either. I wondered if ghosts could get sick. 

'Where have you been?' I asked. 

'Not far, I heard you have called out for me,' he told me and he looked deeply into my eyes. I felt mesmerized by his brown eyes, until I snapped out of it and answered him. 

'It wasn't a big deal, Sulli got it for me,'

He nodded, shortly and as he stood up, preparing to leave, I wanted to reach out for his hand but then remembered that he didn't like it. 

'Are you leaving?' I asked. I didn't want him to leave. I wish he would stay longer.

'Yeah, I need to go,' 

'Thanks,' I said out of the blue, with a faint smile. Jinyoung looked confused at me. 'For protecting me,' I added and felt a bit shy. He didn't say anything and smiled, a sign that he appreciated it. 

'Don't make a habit out of it, Miri,' he whispered, before disappearing. I frowned and crossed my arms. 

'What's with that,' I thought and I couldn't help, but to smile a little. 

 

 


Thank you for reading !