Biting Dogs Don't Bark.

Breathing Shadows Like An Underdog.

'You say I'm a what?' Jinyoung burst out laughing and rolled over my bed. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to be done with laughing. When he sat right up, he wiped off a tear that escaped from the corner of his eyes. 

'I'm sorry, but... it's just way too funny,' he claimed while laughing a few more times. I crossed my arms and looked at him slightly annoyed. 

'So, are you or not?' 

'No, I am not, I'm not your guardian angel,' he said, while trying his best to sound serious. 'Have you ever seen me protect you?'

I shrugged. 'I don't know, maybe you have and I didn't notice. This might explain a lot about why you're here and why I am the only one seeing you,'

Jinyoung went off laughing again and I sighed. 'You know what, never mind, I'm going,' I said, grabbing my bag. 'This is a waste of time,'

'Wait-, where are you going?' he asked and his smile disappeared. 

'Just karaoke with a few friends,' I answered, shortly and grabbed the doorknob. Before I could open the door, Jinyoung stood next to me and stopped the door with his hand. I hate it when he does that. 

'Tonight is not really the time to go out, and besides don't you have a test coming up?'

'So?'

'So,' he retorted, 'you can't go out tonight,'

I frowned and put my hands on my hips. 'Why not?'

He looked shortly away before his expression hardened. 'Because you have a test coming up soon,' That was surely a lie. 

I laughed and poked his shoulder. 'Oh, I see, you're worried...' 

Jinyoung jerked away from the door, as if my finger had electrocuted him. 

'Don't touch me,' He scowled and I looked at him confused. 

'You are one strange guy, you know that?' I said, and opened the door. I wanted to say more, but when I saw Krystal standing in front of me, I raised an eyebrow. 

'Err... H-Hi, I was just going down to meet you,' I stuttered. Did she hear me talking with Jinyoung?

​'Who were you talking to?' she asked. Damn, she heard me. I shook my head and stepped out to close the door quickly, before she could go in. She frowned, upon seeing my reaction. 

'Let's go, we don't want the others to wait, right?' I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her away. Krystal hesitantly nodded and seemed to let it pass. She put an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer, while walking.

'You don't mind if we have spiced a few things up, do you?'

'Not really," 

'Great, then let's go on a group date,' she smiled. 

I blinked my eyes and laughed. 'Group date?' 

'Because... having a boyfriend at this age isn't bad, hmmm...' she giggled and poked my side lightly with her elbow. I rolled my eyes and laughed. Not bad, I can use some distraction from all those ghost things. 

'I like it,' 

 

 

'Bar Bar Bar~'

'Marshmallow.... Marshmallow~!' 

'Like it like like it... You're my beautiful target ~'

Song after song was being played and sung. It was fun and the extra guests that Krystal has added to this event were surely great to hang out with. I didn't even realize that we had these kind of people at our university. I should have gone out more. 

A boy who was slightly older than me went to sit next to me. I think his name was Sandeul. He picked up a drink from the table and gave it to me. 'You're pretty, you know that?' he smiled, baring his full white teeth. I laughed and pointed at him. Mostly, I will become shy when someone gives me a compliment, but the alcohol is slowly doing its work. 'And you? Are you an kpop star?' I responded. Sandeul laughed and urged me to drink up, so he can pour me another glass. 

'You know, I have auditioned for a company before, so you are not very wrong,' he admitted, giving me a big smile. I giggled and clinked my cup with him. 'One shot!' 

We both emptied our shots at the same time and I closed my eyes to feel the vodka burn my throat. I didn't even know he gave me vodka, but it didn't really bother me. I'm going to have fun, tonight. 

'Another one?' Sandeul said, with eyes full of amusement. I nodded and stuck out my shot glass for another shot. Sulli, who was sitting right next to me joined us and we all got drunk by the end of the evening. 

'Let me take you home,' Sandeul said, grabbing my wrist. My head was dizzy, as I stumbled and tried to get a grip of something. 'Whoa, you can't stand alcohol, can you?' he laughed at me. I looked up and giggled like a little girl. 'Y-you got m-me...' 

'Come, I'll bring you home,' 

That was the last thing I heard, before I out and didn't have any memories of what happened next. 

 

'Mir....Miri....' Vaguely. 

My feet were cold, as a shiver ran through my spine. I curled myself up, but it felt like something stopped me. I opened my eyes, with my sight still swirling and noticed that I was laying on concrete, outside. I turned my head and tried to sit up with my hands supporting me. Where was I? I rubbed my eyes and felt another cold air brushing my bared arms. It was cold. Very cold. Then I started to notice my clothes. They were not in a good shape, nor was my body. I got wounds, almost everywhere. My fingers were scratched and bleeding, while the skin of my knees were splattered with dirt and blood. Tears formed in my eyes, as I tasted blood from my lips. Where am I? I began to feel scared and tried to stand up. My head ached and I held onto a pole that was nearby. Hiding in that corner, I tried to call for someone, but I couldn't force a word out of my throat. It felt so dry. I shivered again and looked around, scared. This place was unfamiliar to me. I have never been here, before. Was this a neighborhood where they deal drugs and such? When I heard sounds, I quickly hid myself behind a big bin. 

'Where did she go?' A voice shouted from afar. I quickly sat down when I saw shadows approaching.

'Do you think she left?' 

'No, not a chance. She was fast asleep a minute ago,'

I held a hand in front of my mouth to cover my breathing when I heard their voices closer and more clear. They were searching for me ! Footsteps could be heard and I was sure that there was someone standing in front of this bin. 

'I told you to keep an eye on her,' he scolded. 

'Even if she left, she wouldn't get far. She must be hiding from us,'

'Damned, she can't escape, she knows our faces. You, quickly go find her !'

They walked away and I breathed out a sigh of relief. They were gone. 

I slowly stood up and looked over the bin. There was no one, until I spotted a shadow standing right next to me. I gasped and fell down, crawling back and cried. 'Please, let me go home, help me, Jinyoung... ' I thought and felt a wall hitting my back. This is going to be the end of me. A breeze of cold air brushed against me, and slowly I opened my eyes as I didn't hear of feel anything. The shadow was still there, but it wasn't from a person. I mistook a pole for a person. 

'Miri,' someone whispered in my ear. I looked to my left and saw Jinyoung kneeling down next to me with a worried expression. 'I can finally reach you,'

I blinked my eyes and felt tears running down my cheeks. 'J-Jinyoung,' I stuttered with a cracking voice. 

Jinyoung looked up and his face hardened. 'Miri,' he repeated, as he looked back at me 'you need to listen to me and stand up quickly,'

'W-What's going on... Jinyoung?' I whispered quietly. 

'There's no time for me to explain. There are four guys looking for you right now and if you don't go quickly, they will find you. Take my hand, I'll lead you,' he said, and he stretched his hand out to me. I grabbed his and he pulled me up. 

'This way,' He leaded me through various alleys and I had a hard time keeping up with him. My legs were not in a state of running fast, and those high heels weren't made for this kind of occasion. 

'J-Jinyoung... Can we slow down?'

He didn't respond. I pulled his hand and bent over to take off my heels. But when he continued to pull me along, I fell over and hurt both my knees. 

'Get up,' he ordered me. I shook my head as tears ran down my cheek. It hurt, my whole body hurt. I felt paralyzed from fear. He kneeled down in front of me and nudged me to look up at him. 

'Miri, we're not very far anymore, if you stand up and run, you'll be safe,' he comforted. I shook my head and clenched my hands into a fist. 

'I-I can't move... I'm too scared...' I wailed. 

When we heard noises behind us, we both looked in shock. 

'Damn, they are too close,' hissed Jinyoung, 'Quick, hide behind that bin !' 

I crawled over and sat behind the bin, with my heart beating in my throat. 'T-They will definitely see us,' I stuttered. 

Footsteps were becoming more clear and I heard voices. 

'That girl is close, I can smell her perfume,'

Jinyoung stood in front of me and bent down, looking into my eyes. 'Make you as small as possible,' 

I looked at him confused. 

'Just do it!' he growled, making me twitch. I curled myself up and tried to bent my legs as close as possible against my chest. I put my head in between my legs and covered my ears. 

If they found me, I didn't want to see them, hear them or feel them hit me. My legs were shaking, as I tried to think of a better place. Like I wanted to get transported to that place. 

On my shoulders, I felt something warm and someone breathing in my neck. 

'She is here...' I heard. I shut my eyes tightly and clenched my  sweaty hands. 

'Don't say anything... Just stay silent for a while,' I heard Jinyoung in my ear, 'I'll protect you,'


 

Thanks for reading :)