Dogs Can Become Crazy.

Breathing Shadows Like An Underdog.

That night, I didn't sleep well. I wonder why I even dreamt about him. The next morning was almost a hell for me to get up. My eyes were so puffy and I wanted to sleep again. So badly, but college is awaiting for me. I groaned and stood up to brush my teeth  and get ready. It was then when I stood in front of a mirror that I realized that I've got plenty of time until my classes were starting. I sighed and debated with myself whether I should sleep a little more or just sit and wait. I concentrated myself on a small point and stared blankly in front of me. 

I can't remember how long I have been able to see Jinyoung. Whenever I look, he's always there. And that is a problem. I do understand him, though, about that part that he's lonely. I mean, if I were a ghost and lived for thousands of year alone, how lonely would I have been? How old could Jinyoung be? 

'You know I can hear your thoughts,' 

I shrieked and clutched my sweater against my chest, when I was caught off guard. There he was again, sitting on the side of my bed with a lazy smile. His head was tilted slightly to the side and his eyes were twinkling from amusement.

'Geez, can't you knock on the door like normal people do?' I let out a long breath, before feeling my heart calm down. 

'We have talked about this before, too. You see, I'm not really a normal person, it must have slipped you,' He remarked with a smile, while he pointed at me lazily. 

I rolled my eyes and went to sit across him. 'You really have an exceptional personality. Do you live off teasing people?' I joked. 

'In particular, I don't really live-' 

'Oh, don't go smart on me, you know what I mean,'

He laughed and changed his position. He laid on his side and watched me with his arm supporting his head. 'No, but to answer your question, I'm not human, so I don't really have an age. You see, ghosts are indeed ageless. Did you notice any wrinkles on my face?' He asked, staring at me intensely, clearly amused. 

His eyes were hypnotizing, so I avoided his after a moment. I don't really feel very comfortable around him, as he know every little inch of me. He has been around for quite some time and I still haven't got used to him. I looked at his facial features and its outlines and had to admit that he is quite handsome in some sort of way. I realized that I still had to answer him. 

'No, I haven't, but I really do believe you have an age. Like for example, at what age did you became...like this?' I drew an rectangular shape with my fingers that framed his body. 

He clacked his teeth and raised an eyebrow. 'I don't know, or if I did know, I don't remember. How old do I look to you?'

'I don't know, early twenties?'

'Ah~, I like that answer, let's assume I'm twenty.'

I looked at him with a frown. 'Are you Narcissus or what, sheesh, so cocky,' I whispered the last word to myself and stood up. 

'Where are you going?' he sat up right and looked like I have spoilt his fun. 

'Unlike you, I have classes to attend,'

'Can I come? I'll help you with exams,' 

I shook my head and grabbed my bag from my desk. 'No cheating,'

He pouted and stared with a bored expression in front of him. I watched him from the mirror and collected my hair into a high ponytail. 'What do you think? Ponytail or no ponytail?'

He looked shortly at me and snorted. 'You keep me here for fashion tips?' 

'Never mind,' I sighed and grabbed a hair tie to secure the ponytail.  

'Wait,-' I heard him stand up and walk over to me until he was standing right behind me. He raised his hands to adjust my ponytail. His breath was brushing against my bared neck and I shoved my necklace from side to side, trying to cover up that strange feeling. He felt so real. His touch, breath and everything you could imagine that belonged to a real person was there. 

He pushed my head softly down, so he could get a better grip of my ponytail. 

'I didn't know you could touch,' I whispered. 

He smiled and I felt him tighten the hair tie in my hair. 'Being a ghost sure is odd, don't you think. But indeed, I can touch, although I prefer not to.'

'Why not,'

'I have my reasons,'

I turned to look at him, shortly after he was done with my hair. He had a strange look in his eyes. I couldn't really put it. Was it nostalgia? Sadness, melancholia? I've seen it before. He has it from time to time. When he noticed me staring at him, he cleared his throat and looked away. 

'You can leave...'

I twitched and caught myself glaring at him, too. With a light flush on my cheek, I nodded. 'Thanks,' I muttered and took my keys, before leaving the room. 

 

 

 

'Hangover hangover hangover over over ~ ' Krystal sang, in the ear of Sulli. She grabbed onto her hair and shook her head. 

'Stop, stop you make it more worse,' She responded, before dropping her head on the table in her arms. I laughed and opened my book at the right page. I never thought that anatomy could be so boring. I mean, I do like to watch Grey's Anatomy, but this is far from what I enjoy watching. 

'Miri, what do you think of going to karaoke this evening?' Said Krystal, while playing with her pencil. 

'Karaoke?' 

She nodded and looked at me. 'It has been a while since we have gone to one,'

I shook my head. 

'Why?' she responded sharply, in a teasing way. 

'I'm not usually someone who gets good grades by just going to the karaoke, like you,' I chuckled. 

Krystal rolled her eyes. 'Study, study, why does this world only revolve around studying? Ugh... Then what about we go this weekend?'

'Yah, don't you even rest?' 

'We can after we g-'

'Ladies in the back, you are disturbing the class !' Our professor suddenly yelled. We twitched and looked back at him with a blush. 'As I was saying, people have bones and as they grow, their structures grow with them. That's why we should remain healthy and exercise. If not, diseases will come upon us and we shall die at a young age. Speaking of death, a few centuries ago, there was a group of people who believed that digging up bones from their ancestors were believed to bring luck, as their souls would guard and protect them. It is almost compared to a guardian angel, but none of this has ever proven to be true.' 

I frowned and looked down, upon hearing his lecture. I felt like I could relate to their culture. What if the reason that I could see Jinyoung is because he's my guardian angel?  A student from the first row raised his hand and asked a question. 

'If they weren't proven to be true, then why do some of them still continue to do so?' he asked the professor. The man his beard as he looked up to the ceiling with a thoughtful expression. 

'It's not quite sure why, but I assume that they do it out of tradition? Or just something that they needed to hold on,.........' 

The student nodded his head. I tilted my head slightly and bit my lip. I don't own Jinyoung anything, nor having anything that is dear to me. The class was shortly after dismissed and as the professor was beginning to pack his books, I quickly walked over to him for a question. When he saw me, he showed me a friendly smile. 

'Professor, I have another question about that ghost theory-,'

'You don't have ghost haunting, do you?' He suspiciously asked. The question caught me off guard and I quickly tried to laugh it off. 

'N-no... That would be ridiculous, wouldn't it? I'm just interested in these kind of stuffs...' I lied, as I clutched my hands tighter around the strap of my bag. The professor went to sit on his desk and laughed. 

'I was just joking, I'm glad to hear you're finally taking interests in my classes. Less talking is a very important factor for you to be able to understand what you're studying,' He said and I felt like he was a bit angry about the incident before. I blushed a little and nodded. 

'Sorry, it won't happen anymore,'

He shook his head and looked with curious eyes. 'So, what about your question?'

'I was wondering if people don't hold their specific items, would they still be haunted by ghost, even if they can't see them?'

'No, that would be strange. As a matter of fact, science has been researching this for a very long time and yet, they haven't gotten anything that could lead to ghosts, except manipulated tapes or records.' He shrugged his shoulders and looked unaffected. I looked away and sighed. If only they knew what I am going through. 

'I'm sorry, is something bothering you?' He asked. I blinked and shook my head. 'Thanks for answering my question, I'll be going,' 

He nodded shortly with a smile and turned back to his books. I left his class and let out another sigh. I have been spending too much time collecting information about him. Maybe, I should do something relieving that doesn't involve him. Maybe, a little karaoke won't hurt, tonight. I grabbed my phone and texted Krystal.

 


Second chapter ^^ 

Thank you for reading !