Unknown Bite

Breathing Shadows Like An Underdog.

'Miri....' I heard someone softly mutter. Something nudged my head and I slowly woke up. I looked around, only to see myself laying in bed with no ghost or someone that could have bothered me. I rubbed into my eyes and the light on my nightstand.

'Hello?' I asked through the room. 'Is there someone here?'

No response.

I pulled off the blankets and went through the room. All of a sudden my light started to flicker and I rubbed across my arms as I somehow began to feel cold. Where is this cold coming from? I touched the heating and felt that it was still on. Did Krystal leave the door open when she left? I walked to my door and checked the doorknob. It was tight when I twisted it, a sign that it has been locked very well. I frowned and scratched my head. Maybe it was getting into my head, everything. When I walked back to my bed, I stopped halfway, when hearing an odd sound above me. It sounded like something shuffled or was being scraped across the floor. I looked up and held my breath.

What was that sound? Who is in Sulli's penthouse? My heart beat in my throat when I heard another shuffling sound. I shook my head and looked at my door. It's locked, so no one can get in. I turned off the light and laid down, ignoring the sound. Things are getting too much for me. 


 

'Hey, didn't you sleep well?' Krystal asked when she sat down next to me. I went through my hair and rubbed my eyes from fatigue. It has been two days in a row that I have been hearing sounds in the middle of the night. I shook my head and gulped some water down, before speaking.

'There is this weird noise waking me up every night,' I said and Krystal turned pale.

'What noise?'

I shrugged and took another sip of water. 'As if something is crawling on the floor above me,' I said, cramping my hand to make it look like it was crawling at something. Krystal shivered, but did not say anything.

'Didn't Sulli use to live above you?'

I nodded. 'Yeah, that's what I find so strange. I'm thinking of having a look in that room after school,'

Krystal shivered again and her eyes widened. 'No, don't, that's so creepy,'

'Nothing is too creepy for me anymore,' I said, thinking about my sixth sense.

'D-Do you want me to go with you?' she asked. I saw her anxiety and I simply shook my head. I didn't want to scare her too much. 'Not if you don't want to,'

She let her shoulders down, a sign of relief. 'Okay,...'

After school, I immediately went straight home, ignoring the multiple invitations of my friends to go for a drink. I was too curious about what was actually making the sound, waking me every night. I dragged myself up the stairs, only to see Sulli's familiar door. I raised my hand and waited for a second to knock. Would it be okay for me to go into her room? Even though she died, in the end it is still her room, as long as no one bought or rented it. I closed my eyes and knocked once. Next, I laid my hand on the doorknob and softly twisted it to open the door, but to my surprise.... Something pulled from the other side, making the door swing open too easily. I widened my eyes and lost my balance a little. I looked up, to see a person standing in the doorway. He had pitch black hair, that was cut neatly and bangs that covered his forehead, reaching to his eyes. He wore a black T-shirt and whitewashed jeans that made him look very skinny. No, he was slender, tall and young. I haven't seen someone this handsome for a while in our city.

'Hey, can I help you?' He asked. His voice was smooth and not too loud and heavy.

I blinked at him for a moment before adjusting myself to a person standing in my death best friend's room. 'Who are you?'

'Oh, where are my manners. I'm Lee Myung Soo, I've just moved in here. And you are?' he asked with a smile. I frowned, upon hearing him. Moved in? I didn't know that Sulli's room was already sold to someone.

'I'm Kang Miri, I live one floor underneath you.'

'Ah, well it's nice to meet you, I'm sorry if I have been making too much noise.'

I frowned. 'Were you the one making all those noises?'

He laughed shortly and nodded. 'Yeah, I just moved in two days before and due my work, I only have time at night to unpack my things and decorate my place.'

I nodded and smiled. So, it has been you all the time.

'I'm sorry for the inconvenience,' he apologized. I shook my head and smiled friendly.

'No, it's nothing. I never thought that there would be someone living above me, after what had happened,' I admitted. 'And everything is happening so fast and-' I noticed that I started to ramble to a stranger and immediatly shut up. 'Not that I mind you being here,'

Myungsoo smiled. 'It's nothing. To be honest, I like to live in places like these that are more dark and mysterious. Somehow, I felt attached to this penthouse when I heard about its story.'

I nodded and realized that I have been taking up a bit of his time. "Well, if you are done with unpacking, you can come by and get some tea. I'll show you around if you're not familiar here. My apartment is 25." I suggested. He smiled and nodded. I turned around after saying goodbye and went down the stairs. Hearing his door close, I stared a last time behind me but then stopped midway. My body froze as I saw something strange. A weird hazy smoke lingered next to his door and I narrowed my eyes to get a clear sight. But it was already gone, before I could take another look. Not at ease, I shivered and quickly went down the stairs with my keys ready in my hand.

When I reached my door, I unlocked it and was about to grab the doorknob, until I saw a hand right before me. I widened my eyes and backed behind, falling over my own feet. When I thought I was going to knock my head against something hard, I felt someone catch my shoulders and support me. My breath hitched, as those hands were extremely cold on my shoulders.

Right in front of me, I saw Sulli going through my door and appearing in front of me with a laugh. She smiled at me and held onto her stomach, while I heard someone sigh behind me.

"Yah, Sulli!" I yelled at her and sighed relieved to calm down my heart.

"You should have seen your face," She told me.

"It's not-" I looked behind me and saw that Jinyoung was the one holding me up and sighing. I quickly replaced myself from that awkward position, but ended up losing my balance. Jinyoung let go off me and I landed on the ground with a loud thud.

I winced and looked at them both. "Aishh... You two..." I said, rubbing my back.

"I told you not to scare her that much, atleast not now," Jinyoung told Sulli, who simply just pouted. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Oppa, it's fun. You saw her face, right? It was priceless," she chirped. I rolled my eyes, too and grabbed my keys that I had dropped.

Slowly, I stood up and patted off the dust from my pants. "So... Are you tutoring young ghosts, again?" I asked Jinyoung. In the past, Jinyoung was famous for being a mentor to younger ghosts who have died not long ago and weren't familiar with passing on. Like a messenger, who helps them pass on to the other side if they got stuck in this world. But the last few years, I haven't seen him help them, until now. 'I thought I warned you to not bring your juniors and scare the crap out of me for fun," I continued.

Jinyoung laughed and wiped his nose with his thumb. "Right. This time, Sulli went on her own,"

"It's the same. What happens if I might die from a heart attack, huh? Who's going to take the blame, when I'm the only one who can you see you?"

Jinyoung snickered and raised his eyebrows. "Aren't you exaggerating a bit?"

I sighed and rubbed my temples with annoyance. "Sometimes, I just hate seeing ghosts. I wish I was born without it," I muttered to myself, but then I forgot that they could hear anything with their supernatural senses.

"What's wrong? You're not feeling well?" Sulli asked, frowning.

I shook my head and walked over to open my door. "Let's go inside. My neighbors might really think I'm becoming crazy if they see me talk with no one, again."

I entered my room and threw my keys on my bed. Taking off my boots, I turned towards Jinyoung, who stood near the door.

"Close the door," I told him. He refused and smirked.

"I can't,"

"How you c-" Right, he hated touching things. Although, he never told me why. Sighing, I stood up and went to close the door, until I remembered something.

"Why are you two here?" I asked them, as they both turned to me. With Sulli sat down on my bed and Jinyoung leaned against the wall. They both had that same blank expression on their face, as if they didn't know what I meant, or it could just be me that I'm seeing things a bit too much. Ha, inside joke.

"You don't know?" Sulli asked, after a long silence. Jinyoung didn't say anything and stayed in the background, looking at us both.

I raised an eyebrow and shook my head slowly. "Should I?"

Sulli raised her arm and pointed at my ceiling. "You don't think he's weird?"

"Who?" I asked, mimicking her actions. "You mean him?"

She nodded. "He's a bit odd,"

"Myungsoo is fine. I just talked to him, not long ago,"

"You did? When?" It was Jinyoung. His voice sounded worried.

"Well, before Sulli scared me,"

Jinyoung didn't say anything and seemed to be deep in thoughts. Sulli on the other hand looked restless, as she chewed on a strand of hair.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Jinyoung shook his head and disappeared, before reappearing behind me. His voice was soft, like velvet lingering around my ear.

"I want you to be careful," he told me, before teleporting himself next to Sulli.

"Be careful of what?"

"Everything. You don't want to end up like me, right?" Sulli said.

"Of course not," she gave me a look and I raised my hands, "No offense,"

Jinyoung snickered and looked at Sulli. Somehow, the way how he looked at Sulli struck my heart. What's with that look?

"Anyways, they caught the bad guys," I told them.

"You really think?" she asked me, which made me frown.

"Well yeah, I'm going to stand as witness,"

"And what if I told you that they haven't caught the culprit, yet?"

What?

"What are you saying?" I snorted.

"When you went to recognize them, I was there too,"

"And?"

"One of them was lying,"

"What, who lied?"

Sulli looked at Jinyoung shortly, as if she needed permission to tell me, before turning back to me. 




 

"Woohyun."
 

--------------------------------------------------------

Dum dum duuum!

Thank you for keeping up with this story :)

I'll try to keep updating as soon as possible!

I'll see you next time! Ppyong~!