- It's Childhood Year

Her Diary

Woohyun was watching his mother, Mrs. Nam, cooking breakfast for her small family. Woohyun watched her mom cooking like a pro as he kept asking this and that, being curious, when his dad suddenly came in to the dinning room with newspaper on his hand.

 

"Honey, seems like our new neighbor had done unpacking their stuff. They look nice, should we visit them?" Mr. Nam asked his wife.

 

"After breakfast, your youngest son has been so whiny about his food since an half hour ago."

 

The 5 year old kid pouts slightly at his mom when she gave him 'that' stare.

 

"Woohyun, after this go take a shower okay? And ask your brother to come with us to the Lee's house" Woohyun's dad said as he patted his head.

 

"But dear, i guess Boohyun can't tag along. He said he have soccer practice today. Lets just take Woohyun"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Woohyun was putting on his bitter face because he was feeling as bored as hell. He thought probably the Lee's would have a son as their child so he was kinda disappointed when he found out they only have a daughter.

 

"Mom, let's go home and watch Pororo. I don't want to be here, I wanna go home" He said as if he's in the urge to cry.

 

"Woohyun, behave. Or no ice cream and chocopie for a month" Mrs. Nam whispered at her son's ear, then smiles to Mrs. Lee

 

 

Woohyun was about to cry to his father when he saw a little girl, a pretty and cute little girl with red hairclip attached on her hair, came into the Lee's living room.

 

"Omo.. Is this your daughter that you've been talking before?" Mr. Nam asked Mr. Lee.

 

"Ah yes, she's my only daughter. Sweety, go greet them" Mr. Lee looked at his daughter as he gave her his warmest smile.

 

That girl spotted Woohyun sitting between his parents and blushed a bit when she realized that Woohyun couldn't stop staring at her.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Lee Jieun, but my parents call me Jieun. I'm going to be 5 years old in this May". Jieun said shyly as she bowed to the elders.

 

"Aigoo, she is so cute!" Mrs. Nam smiles at Jieun, stunned at this girl cuteness. While Woohyun just clapped his hands as he stared to the younger girl in front of him.

 

"Ah Jieun, how about taking Woohyun outside and play with him? Daddy bought you a new bicycle yesterday right? Go play it with Woohyun." 

"Yes daddy." Jieun nodded as she smiled at Woohyun and took his hand. Leaving Woohyun speechless.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

"So your name is Woohyun? How old are you?"

 

"I'm five years old."

 

"Hmm.. I see I see. You seems older than me but i don't wanna call you with oppa. Can i just call you with Woohyunnie??" Jieun asked as she beamed at Woohyun.

 

"Oh... Okay. It's fine Jieun." Woohyun smiled shyly.

"Ah right, my dad bought me a new bicycle but i dont know how to play it. Can you please teach me?"

 

"Sure! Let me help you."

Woohyun ran to Jieun's side and grip the back of her pink bicycle. But in fact Woohyun is still a kid as well, he couldn't help much with his tiny body. Jieun end up fell down from the bicycle, so did Woohyun who fell next to her.

 

"My knee.. Woohyun it's scratched." Jieun stared at her wound with widened eyes, not believing what she saw.

 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry you're too heavy" Woohyun said to Jieun as she can see how much guiltiness drawn in Woohyun's face.

 

Woohyun took out a bandage in his pocket, blew Jieun's wound as he put it on slowly.

 

"Wah Pororo bandage! Woohyun thanks a lot" Jieun smile widely at Woohyun which made that little boy smiled as well.

 

"Woohyun you're really a nice boy and friend. I hope i will grow up prettily and find a nice person to be my husband, a nice person like you. And you, you could be my bestfriend forever. You will take care of me and i will do my best to take care of you" Jieun said as she smiles with excitement.

 

"Bestfriend? Okay, i will be your bestfriend forever Jieun" Woohyun patted Jieun's head. Jieun surprised Woohyun a lot when she suddenly kiss his right cheek. Which make the little boy blushed cutely.

 

"Woohyun thanks a lot! You are the best."