Take a Glorious Bite Out of The Whole World

You Could Be Happy

More than anything I want to see you,
Take a glorious bite out of the whole world.

 


 

 

An entire year passed by like flash, what with all the schedules and dance rehearsals Sehun had to attend to. But now they’d been given an entire week off, Jongin had taken the opportunity to get on with the wedding plans with Kyungsoo—the boyfriend, while deciding to take a stroll around his hometown since it had, indeed, been a very long while.

 

He reaches the Han River, and takes out his phone to take a photo of the beautiful sight. The clock reads 8:00 pm, October 10. He vividly remembers everything. Sehun decides not to and carries on to his one-man excursion. He indulges himself in the peaceful atmosphere of the night, it wasn’t the most silent one but he felt solace.

 

Well, until his feet brought him to the plaza where a bunch of people had gathered at. About fifty screaming teenage girls welcomed him. They seem to be trying to catch the attention of the person up front. So he strides through the crowd until he almost reaches the front. That’s when he sees what his heart has been longing for, for past years. And he smiles, the most genuine smile he could muster up. He hadn’t done it in months, because he found no reason to.

 

But tonight, he finally did.

 

Luhan stands on stage, looking absolutely ethereal as ever. With a guitar in hand and a dazzling smile on his face, he sings the lyrics to the song. His own song. One that Sehun’s heard before. He should’ve recognized the tune even from afar. But it doesn’t matter now.

 

Here was his Luhan, doing what he’d always wanted to do the most. And he’s happy, Sehun could tell. The love of his life taking a bite out of the world.

 

As if the universe had planned for all this to happen, a second passes and Luhan’s gaze meets his. The smile on his face wavers for a while, and Sehun frowns. He backs away just a little bit, contemplating whether to just leave or stay. But Luhan decides for him when he smiles again, and to him this time. Tears were starting to brim in his eyes and it took everything from Sehun to not run up the stage and wipe it just like he always did.

 

And when Luhan finishes his set, he finds himself running towards the crowd, all the while looking for a face he once knew so well—and still does. He finally finds him standing by the side, both hands in his pockets and looking a whole lot like Adonis.

 

“Hi.” The singer says as he approaches the other.

 

Sehun smiles at him, eyes turning into crescents. “Hi.”

 

They were both awkward, just like the very first time they decided to have a proper dinner date together. It was all too overwhelming.

 

“Luhan,” Sehun starts, his gaze focused on the smaller boy. “Can…I ask you something?”

 

A hint of worry flashes on Sehun’s face, but disappears instantly. “What is it, Sehun-ah?”

 

“Are you happy now?”

 

“Yes, I guess. I’m happy now. I...Wh—"

 

That smile, full of fondness, appears on Sehun’s face again as he slowly backs away from the other. “Then that’s all I need to know.”

 

he turns and walks away.




 

 


I'm SORRY HAHAHAHAH IDK ANYMORE