You Could Be Happy and I Won't Know

You Could Be Happy

 

You could be happy and I won't know,

but you weren't happy the day I watched you go.

 


 

It was a cold night of October 10th when they both decided to draw the line.  Exhaustion evident in each other’s eyes from all the fighting that had happened prior that day. They struggle hard from doing something they would regret entirely later on. But some things are just bound to happen, regardless of the circumstances.

 

“Is this really what you want?” Sehun’s voice was strained, as he fought back the tears. He doesn’t want to be the first one to cry this time. Oh, even in the end, he still stuck with his pride.

 

Luhan, on the other hand, had lost his resolve. His cheeks soaked in tears and lips quivering almost violently. It wasn’t supposed to hurt like this, he thinks. They had seen this coming months ago, when they had fought more than they made up. Wounding words were thrown back and forth, Sehun this and Luhan that. Everything was just becoming too much to handle. “It’s for the best, Sehun-ah.” Luhan answers, barely audible. Even in the end, he still loves to call him that way.

 

“Okay then, Lu…Okay.” He watches Luhan take out all his things, stuff it in a luggage and head for the door. When the other spares a second to look back, Sehun doesn’t meet his eyes. He never liked seeing Luhan cry, not now when he had been the one who caused it.