You Made Me Happier than I'd Been By Far

You Could Be Happy

 

You could be happy, I hope you are.

You made me happier than I'd been by far.

Somehow everything I own smells of you,

and for the tiniest moment it's all not true.

 

 


 

May 20th // Supposed-to-be 6 year anniversary

 

Sehun is sprawled across his living room floor, tired out from practicing his dance routine again and again. The group he’s part of—together with Jongin—had joined a competition, and it’s a pretty big deal. So he had been grinding extra hard these past couple of weeks.

 

His phone began vibrating, a familiar tune playing in the background. Puzzled, Sehun takes it out of his pocket and almost instantly drops it on his face. There on the screen was his photo with Luhan when they took a trip to Disneyland, huge smiles on their faces and Lu’s hair was tied up in front, making him look like an apple. His heart begins to ache badly as he reads the text below. “Happy 6th anniversary, my Lulu~! <3” He closes his eyes and lets the phone fall on the carpeted floor. Suddenly, everything smells like how it had been a year ago. The fruity scent from Luhan’s pillow that he loved to sniff every morning, the strawberry flavored lotion he’d bought him for his birthday (which they’d used for many various activities). Everything just smelled of Luhan, Luhan and god damn it, Luhan.

 

 


 

“I know you’re in there, Lu! Come out right now or I’ll ing break down your door!”

 

It has been approximately 30 minutes since Yixing arrived and began coaxing him out of his room, but Luhan would still not budge. He’d given into temptation and reunited himself with his babies again [read: Disney films]. Mulan 2 was no playing on his TV screen and he just couldn’t find the energy to get up and leave the house.

 

Five minutes later, the door bursts open and Yixing comes in looking mighty pissed. “Alright, get your up! You will not wallow on your sadness or continue this pity party longer.” He states firmly before hauling the smaller Chinese man on his feet. His eyes were, of course, swollen now and his nose bright red. “We’re going to have fun, okay?”

 

In conclusion, Luhan surely did not have fun. The moment they got to the mall, he started tearing up because a very familiar song played in one of the stores. Yixing had to drag him away because Luhan was almost wailing out the lines when he tried to sing along, tears b in his eyes again.

 

只要是你和我 一起走下去

天堂在随时和随地 .

 

When they tried to find something to eat, Luhan insisted on looking for tteokbokki and so they spent another half hour searching for a Korean place. In the end, he nearly cried again while stuffing his face with the food he’d requested for.

 

Luhan himself felt perpetually puzzled on why he’s been acting like this. Until his phone begins to vibrate and a reminder popped up on the screen, along with a photograph he’s quite fond of from years ago.

 

Happy 6th anniversary, my Sehun-ah!! See you soon, my baby~!