I Should Have Stopped You from Walking Out The Door

You Could Be Happy

 

Most of what I remember makes me sure

I should have stopped you from walking out the door.

 

 



 

Eight months later, Sehun dyed his platinum blond hair dark brown and had moved out of their his apartment and to a new one near Jongin’s and his boyfriend’s two months prior. None of the old things from his old home were thrown away, just kept safely in the attic along with the mechanical tools he bought just in case. Sehun’s room is much smaller now, only a single bed by the window, a dresser, a cupboard and a full body-length mirror. It was simpler like this, more solitary. Doesn’t really mean much happier.

 

Jongin had been coaxing him to go out and maybe snag a few dates again, but whenever he’s close to considering the idea, it was always Luhan that would flash across his mind. If he goes out on dates, Sehun thinks, it’s only going to be with Lu and Lu alone. He has decided on that one for now.

 

Sehun still wishes to turn back time, so he could not have given up on them so easily.



 

In another part of the world, China to be exact, Luhan was rushing to work again. His hair now a darker shade of ash blond than the former. It is on days like this when he would just choose to stay home, bury himself under the comforters and marathon TV series. He’d hidden his collection of Disney films that moment he moved back to China with Yixing two months ago, because he didn’t want to have to wake up with swollen eyes every single morning.  Although right now, Luhan felt tempted to dig out those boxes at the far corner of his cupboard and cry to Mulan all day long.

 

When he reaches his workplace, a recording company, the lady at the reception area greets him kindly to which he greets back. The moment he turned towards the elevator, Luhan felt his world tilt. Because for some damned reason, the universe decides to play tricks on his mind. There stood a man, covered in ripped jeans and leather jacket. His hair wasn’t blond, but could it be still? No, no it probably isn’t. Luhan’s heart beats erratically as he walks closer. He was anxious, and excited all together. Like the first time Sehun had taken him out for a date. Wait. He shouldn’t be thinking of him now. It’s been almost a year.

 

Luhan’s questions were answered when the man shifted a little, facing his direction. It’s not him. Not Sehun. He should be relieved, but why did he feel the complete opposite?