Banana Milk

How I Met Your Grandmother

[EunHye's POV]

JiAe unnie's phone alarm rang at exactly 5:00. I can't believe I just slept for three short hours! She totally ruined my beauty sleep. And now, she won't wake up. Oh c'mon. She's really a heavy sleeper. So annoying.

"Unnie, wake up.", I said in a calm voice.

"Unnie~ halmuni's waiting for us. Wake up."

UGH. She won't wake up! WHYYYYYYY.

I sighed, "I'm sorry, unnie." She grabbed her sister's arms, forcefully pulling her up. "There."

"Oh hey!" My annoying unnie said. "What time is it?"

I didn't pay attention to what she's saying. "Yah! What time is it?!", she shouted as I exited the room and made my way to the dining room.

[JiAe's POV]

Yah! Why is she like that to me? She's very disrespectful! She doesn't have the right to treat me like this. I'm her unnie, for Pete's sake! I checked my phone. Oh, 2 messages and 1 missed call; all from my nerd classmate reminding me not to be late today. Good job.

"JiAe-ah, breakfast is ready! What's taking you so long, dear?"

I heard halmuni's voice from the dining room to our bedroom. Omo! It's almost six o'clock! I gotta hurry!

[Halmuni's POV]

"Halmuni, I bet she's still reading messages on her phone." Eunhye said as she drink her banana milk. "Thanks for the meal, halmuni. I'm going to take a bath now."

JiAe came a few seconds after Eunhye left. "Good morning, halmuni. Sorry to keep you waiting." Oh my, she looked really stressed out. I hope she's okay. "Banana milk, sweetie?", I asked. She nodded in response. I checked the cooler and unfortunately, there's none left. "I'm going to buy you milk okay? Wait for me." I said as I grab my purse on top of the table. "Okay, halmuni.", she smiled.

It took me five minutes to reach the closest convenience store to our home, not bad. I went inside to buy JiAe's banana milk and pay for it at the counter. As I walk out of the store, I accidentally bumped on someone and fell on my back. He was wearing a hoodie, I wonder who he is.

The guy was shocked seeing me on the floor. He started to help me get up on my feet.

"I'm sorry, halmuni. Are you okay?", he asked with concern. I replied with an "I'm ok---ouch!". My legs aren't in my best condition.

"I'll drive you home, halmuni. I'm really sorry." He bowed repeatedly. "No, it's okay. Don't worr--", I almost fell again. He got a quick hold of me, causing me not to fall on the floor again. "I'll drive you home, halmuni. I'll be more worried if you won't make it home because of your legs.", he smiled as he assisted me on the way to his car. He's such a nice guy.