II

Pandora's Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Joonmyun and Yixing man the café counter under strict orders from Chanyeol, both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol sit at the table with Yifan.

"So, what is it?" Chanyeol asks, after just showing up at the table.

"You remember Zitao's Pandora's Box? There is a note inside that his close friend, Myungsoo mentioned about and it concerns Jongin's slave center. Yifan just wants some information before he can step forward to help the said person," Kyungsoo explains. Chanyeol nods.

"It's Luhan, Zitao's stepbrother," Kyungsoo continues. Yifan listens to them talk.

"Come to think of it, Jongin bought him, am I right? Then why is he getting abused, since Jongin is the "big boss"?" Chanyeol asks. Smart.

"I didn't realize that. But as far as I know, Jongin is like you said, the big boss. But he doesn't control the people who prepare the slaves much. He leaves them to do their thing," Kyungsoo says.

"Then tell him to make Luhan an exception. It will be easier to help him," Chanyeol says. 

"Why don't we just go there now? Jongin is there currently and will be leaving in about an hour. Before he leaves, we should talk to him," Kyungsoo offers.

All three of them, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Yifan take a drive in Yifan's car to the slave center, just in the quiet corners of Seoul, where most patronisers of the criminal underworld roam. 

"You know, Kyungsoo, you're an angel. I sometimes wonder why and how Jongin fell hard for you," Chanyeol jokes, lighting up the solemn mood a little. Yifan chuckles when he hears that.

"The only thing you know how to do is talk rubbish," Kyungsoo replies, eyes focused on the narrow road. "But that's okay, because you have a smart brain I can put to good use."

Kyungsoo stops in front of a tall, rather dilapidated building. The exterior is weary, looking like it needs ten new coats of polish. The doors, in contradiction, are the only nice part of the rundown building. Once all three are out, Kyungsoo taps a card that was given to him specially by Jongin. The door gives off a click sound and Chanyeol pushes the door. It must be the lunch break, since most of the slaves are moving about.

All of them know Kyungsoo as their boss' lover. They bow in respect and Kyungsoo acknowledges their respect. Jongin is nowhere in sight, well at the moment. And then, there is a cute affectionate shout that tells them three that Jongin is here. "Kyunsoo-yah!" It goes, and Yifan, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo turn around. There is Jongin, standing just up ahead, waving happily.

He doesn't look like he owns a goddamn slave center, that's all that passes through Yifan's mind. 

Kyungsoo leads Chanyeol and Yifan to Jongin. Jongin slips an arm around Kyungsoo's waist and sneaks a soft peck on the latter's cheek. Kyungsoo blushes, his pale cheeks stained red. Yifan and Chanyeol chuckle to themselves. They know what being in love with guys feel like. There's nothing to be afraid of, because they're the same. Well, made the same way. And also, they're not whiny, unlike girls. Not to mention, Chanyeol thinks that Jongin and Kyungsoo are cute together. He calls them Kaisoo, because Jongin's alias in the criminal underworld is Kai and according to him, he 'ships' them to the moon and back. 

Jongin brings them all to his office on the second level of the building. It looks neat, compared to the entire building. But then again, that is because it is an office. Not a place that houses people who get sold for their bodies.

"Soo-soo, you didn't tell me you were bringing your friends over," Jongin says, as if he is talking to a baby. Red rushes to Kyungsoo's cheeks once again.

"Sorry," Kyungsoo mumbles. "For just showing up without prior notice. We were all just talking at my workplace and it had something to do with your place. With Luhan."

"Luhan? What about him?" Jongin asks.

"He's still here, right?" Kyungsoo asks.

"He will always be here," Jongin confirms. "Why?"

"Yifan has some questions for you. Chanyeol and I will just do something while you both talk, now," Kyungsoo replies.

"Be safe," Jongin smiles. Kyungsoo stands up and takes Chanyeol out of the office.

"So, Yifan-ssi, what do you need to ask?" Jongin looks at Yifan with a gentle smile. Yifan doesn't know if that smile is fake or not but who cares? 

"I need to know about this Luhan guy. Like his whole life story. Because just a few days ago, one of my late boyfriend's close friends gave me his box of things and I found this note," Yifan says, taking out the note and unfolding it.

Jongin looks at the note. "Huang Zitao was your boyfriend?"

Yifan nods, ignoring Jongin's astonishment.

"Well, I won't bore you by telling you about Luhan. He will tell you himself. Okay?" Jongin says and Yifan nods. Jongin picks up the receiver and presses a number. Then he tells the person on the other line to bring Luhan up to his office.

"Have a sweet. Luhan will be here soon," Jongin offers, popping a mint candy into his mouth, but Yifan politely declines.

Jongin shrugs and the door to his office opens. There is Luhan, standing there in a holey shirt and ragged pants. His hair is disheveled and his eyes are red and tired. I don't anticipate to know what will happen to Luhan if he doesn't get help. There is a bruise on his jaw and a few dried up cuts on his arms.

"Come here," Jongin beckons. 

"Yes, Master Kim," Luhan politely replies. His voice is hoarse and he is skinny like a stick. Now, Yifan doubts Jongin's kindness.

Luhan stands beside Yifan, facing Jongin. Jongin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter