I

Pandora's Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pandora's Box, a Greek artifact given to Pandora, the first woman on Earth in classical Greek mythology. When she was presented to Epimetheus, she was given a box — Pandora's Box and was told never to open it. Humans are created very much differently from the gods. There is curiosity in them, the want to know what they cannot know and not just that, there is temptation. Pandora opened the box, of course, and the evils in there was released. I'm not saying that when Zitao opens his Pandora's Box, the evils will excape, but rather, the things that he has in the box, tell a story. An evil one. These things are just normal, everyday things. If you love your parents, it's a tendency to at least have a picture of them. Zitao does too. Almost everything he values are in this box, even small little pieces of paper with little words scribbled onto them. He is sentimental, clearly, but there is a reason to this. Once you know who he really is, you would think, he actually has time to maintain this collection? His diary is inside too. He isn't one to "talk" to his diary. Not those who go, Dear Diary, I did this and this today and it was so much fun. Every page, is a list of the things he had done.

Zitao had been diagnosed with an illness that left him in the hospital for days on end. Yifan is a writer, cooped up in his room, perfecting the tiny errors in his manuscript. He rarely ever visits Zitao in the hospital because he has no time for that. I'm not exactly sure if that's what you would call true love, too. When you can't even spend a little time with your partner. And it's all over too soon. Zitao passes away, there is a small funeral, with only two people attending. Yifan is one of them of course and the other is Tao's partner in crime, Kim Myungsoo. It is over in less than an hour and both Myungsoo and Yifan go their separate ways. Do they know each other? No, not really. They're just there to witness Zitao's funeral out of respect. They do have each other's numbers, because they're the only ones Zitao knows. What if there is a matter concerning Zitao?

Yifan is just about done with the perfect second manuscript when he receives a call. The caller ID reads Kim Myungsoo and Yifan wonders of all the reasons why Myungsoo would call him. Whatsoever, he slides to answer, his index finger hesitating on the screen of his iPhone. He answers the call with a soft hello and Myungsoo begins to speak right away.

"I haved asked Zitao many times before where you are and he tells me that you are always in your home, in your room doing work. I'm not sure what work that may be, but is it possible, if you can make some time and meet me at the café just down the road? There is something I need to give you, or rather, you need to have. It's a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter