First Step

Home with Love

I could hear chirping of birds and water gushing forth. I opened my eyes and I was shocked to see a very different place. I stood up, fixed my hair and my black uniform. I looked at my surroundings suspiciously and all that's on my head is, 

 

"Where on earth is this place?"

 

I stepped and was shocked to see that it's not cemented nor asphalted. Did I teleport? Am I dreaming then? No! I am in a reality wherein I don't really know. I wandered when I reached a place like a market and all the people are wearing old Korean clothes. 

 

"Hyejin, you're such an idiot! What did you do? Damn it!" I scolded myself.

 

Suddenly, they noticed me and gave suspicious looks and talks because I was the only one who was wearing a short skirt uniform and my hairstyle is different from them. I was so nervous. Could it be that I went back in time?

 

"Ahh... ehh... Do you know Hanchang High School?" I asked with a shaking voice.

 

All of them talked about me again suspiciously when we suddenly heard a messenger-like person.

 

"Prince Chanyeol has arrived. Hail! Hail!" the messenger announced.

 

All of the people bowed their heads and started to chant.

 

"Hail! Hail! Prince Chanyeol may live for a thousand years!" the people respectfully chanted in unison.

 

I froze in disbelief. I can't even move a single muscle of my body. Then, the carriage opened and a tall, charming, cute faced person went out. He greeted the people cheerfully while the messenger and the carriage were taken back. He's wearing clothes like those of a royal person. Indeed, he was a prince, but he treats his people with great respect and equality. He is so nice. I was just there standing, out of place. Suddenly, he turned his head towards my direction and ran quickly and happily. I was terrified but I can't move... He hugged me so tight. I was like surprised that I don't know what to react.

 

"Hyejoo, you're back! I know you're coming back!", his deep voice went out emotionally.

 

I was surprised by the name he called me. I pushed him back and my body started to come back to its senses. He was kind of surprised when I pushed him but still, he was smiling.

 

"Excuse me, Prince Chanyeol or something, I'm not Hyejoo, okay! I'm Hyejin!" I reasoned out.

 

His smile faded away but I need to reason out again.

 

"You know what, I need to go to my classes right now or else my Oppa will really scold me to death if he knew that I'm late or I'm absent. So please, where's the way to go out in this place that I don't know?" I arrogantly spoke.

 

All of them are just staring at me and I was like so pissed off that I wanted to kill all of them.

 

"Did you understand what I've just said? Come on, people!?" I spoke again.

 

Sheer air just answered me when Prince Chanyeol grabbed my hand and took me somewhere. 

 

"Hey, hey!!! What do you think you are doing?" I panicked.

 

He continued walking and didn't bother to even just look at me. I was still nagging continuously when we reached to a place that I can't describe with words. 

 

"Wow..." my jaw-dropping reaction.

 

It was so beautiful. There were cherry blossoms everywhere. There were also a lot of flowers around us. It was so stunning. It's the first time that I saw that kind of a scenery. It quieted my pissed off heart and mind. I closed my eyes while the gentle breeze swept away my fringes. I was feeling the moment when I felt arms hugging my waist. I thought it was Sehun when,

 

"Do you remember now?" a deep voice entered my ear.

 

I quickly opened my eyes and realized that Sehun's not with me. It was Prince Chanyeol hugging my waist. I freed myself and glared at him.

 

"Hey! This one's too much! First of all, I'm not that Hyejoo. Secondly, don't hold my waist. Most of all, I don't have any concerns about you, okay?!" I expressed my pissed off feeling to him.

 

Now, he looked sad and gloomy. He bowed his head and like he's going to cry. My conscience was bothering me and I directly apologized to him.

 

"I'm sorry." I uttered.

 

I doubtedly touched his shoulder and asked if he is okay. He turned his back and walked a few steps away from me. I was so guilty that I, myself almost cried. 

 

"Hey! Ahh.. Prince Chanyeol? I'm really sorry." I uttered my sincerest apology.

 

Surprisingly, he went near me as I bowed my head in sincerity. He hugged me again and it felt like he doesn't want me to let go of his I Miss You hug. I wasn't able to move, afraid of what my mouth will speak again. My head touched his chest wherein I could feel a very sad aura within him.

 

"This guy's must be missing that Hyejoo so much." I thought aloud.

 

Instead of complaining, I felt like I want to comfort him and make him happy to the best of my ability. The moment lasted like for eternity to him. I felt his tears dropping on my untidy hair. My heart was deeply moved with what he's doing at the moment. I was about to let go when he sang a song.

 

    Trees and cherry blossoms may fall
    But my love for you will never be lost
    Heavens may send me a come back home call
    My connection with you will never be broken at all cost...

 

It pierced my heart that a tear or two fell from my eyes to my shivering cheeks. Prince Chanyeol's emotions are spreading like viruses within my system. Uncontrollably, my hanging arms started to hug back the tall prince. He noticed my answered hug to him.

 

"Please don't leave me. I can't live without you." he sincerely uttered those sweet words.

 

"Hyejoo, whoever or wherever you are, can't you feel this person's sadness?" I thought aloud.

 

Prince Chanyeol let go of me and he wiped my tears with his thumb. I looked at him when I felt being dizzy and my visions are getting blurry. Out of nowhere, I passed out.