Bright Thing

Home with Love

All will be the OC's POV. Enjoy!


 

"Hyejin, where are you?"

 

Sehun worriedly called me as I laugh quietly by the way he's acting at the moment. 

 

"Sehun-oppa, you're such an idiot!", I thought aloud. 

 

Actually, the two of us are playing hide-and-seek in the forest at the back of our school. Sehun is my childhood bestfriend and my secret crush. He is my only friend outside the home for the homeless. Because my parents abandoned me, he acts like a father and a mother to me. He doesn't know about my feelings for him because I'm afraid that when I'll tell him, he will distance himself from me. I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!

 

He's still calling me when my eyes stopped at something peculiar, maybe 7 yards away from me. There's something inside me that tells me to go near it. It was shining and flickering like a star from the sky. It was not really that bright and when I was about to touch it, 

 

"There you are!", Sehun called me. 

 

I was taken aback and turned my head to his direction. 

 

"Ahhh... You caught me." I forcingly smiled. 

 

He's running towards me while I turned my head to the bright thing and I was dumbfounded when I saw that it's not there! 

 

"Hyejin, are you okay?" he asked me sincerely. "You're cold and you're sweating." he said worriedly.

 

I turned to him and gave a strange stare when I came back to my senses.

 

"Oppa, I'm okay. I was just so shocked because it took you a long time to find me. We've been playing this game for 10 years and still, YOU'RE SO SLOW!!!" I answered jokingly at the same time, teasing him.

 

He gave a loud laugh and played my hair. I was surprised when he did that. I felt an electric current running through my body. For all these years, why did I feel that? Sehun is just a 19 year old ordinary guy; tall, slender, cute eyes, thin lips, blonde hair and handsome face. Yes, he's ordinary but for me, he's not. I wonder if he'll think that I'm just ordinary too. I'm just a 17 year old girl; average in height, chestnut hair (always on a ponytail style) with fringes on the side, almond-shaped eyes and has a wide smile.

 

He gave me a smile and quickly grabbed my shaking, cold hands.

 

"Let's go home!" he led the way and ran.

 

During that time, I forgot about the bright thing and just enjoyed the moment with my Sehun-oppa. It was about to rain when we reached the Home for the Homeless Children.

 

"I'll go now. See you tomorrow, Hyejin." he left me at the front of the door. 

 

I smiled absentmindedly and felt like I was in cloud nine when I remembered that it was going to rain. I reached for my bag and got an umbrella. I ran towards him.

 

"Oppa! Wait!" I shouted for his attention.

 

He stopped and looked at me with charming eyes. I shyly offered him my umbrella. He got it and played again with my hair.

 

"Thank you, Hyejin. You're such a wonderful girl.", he smiled and went away.

 

Those last words were stunning. Such a wonderful girl... I felt like my heart was melting like chocolate and I also felt that my cheeks were so warm and it was like my cheeks were painted red. 

 

The raindrops fell and I went to the house. I greeted my co-homeless children and the social workers and went directly to my bedroom. When I closed the door, I jumped on my fluffy bed and screamed for happiness.

 

"Kim Hyejin, you're such a wonderful girl!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!" 

 

After thinking about what had just transpired between me and Sehun, I dozed off to a deep slumber.

 

The next morning, I woke up early for the first time just to see my Sehun-oppa in school. While I was fixing myself, I suddenly remembered the bright thing that I saw yesterday.

 

"It's just your imagination, Hyejin." I thought aloud.

 

I was done preparing myself and my stuff and went to school. There were few students and Sehun is not yet there too. I decided to take a walk at the back of our school. The small forest was silent. It was just like helping me to gasp some fresh air before attending classes. Out of nowhere, I saw again the bright thing. It was different from before. It is brighter and it seems to hypnotize me telling me to touch it. Out of curiosity, I walked towards the thing while I fix away my fringes. I couldn't figure out what it was but when I touched it,

 

"AHHHHHHH!!!! What's happening!!????" I shouted while a bright light enveloped me.