Chapter 6

Pain And Love That We Feel

Naeun P.O.V

 

I sat on a bench at the school's landscape. There were so many tress, flowers, and a handmade waterfall made by the students of this school. This place was so beautiful and it makes me felt calm and in peace. As I'm eating the Kimbap that omma packed for me, someone approached me from back. 

"Excuse me. Are you the new student in this school? What are you doing here?" Asked by a girl that I didn't even know but why did I felt like I've seen her before this ? So I scanned her from hair to toe. She looked kinda ghoul with her cream coloured hair, thick black eye shadow and dark purple lipstick. Oh wait! I remember! She is in the same class with me. I have seen her at class but I didn't have time to approached her. 

I stopped eating to answer her question. "Hmm. As you can see, I'm eating my lunch." My mood to eat the Kimbap had been faded away by her. I put my chopstick into my lunch box and put it beside me. 

"Go away. This is our place." She said while pointing her finger to the canteen. I didn't reply her because I don't want to start a fight with anyone else anymore. It's enough to have Taemin as my enemy. So I packed up my lunch box and started to leave but then someone stopped me by pulling my hand. Oh, it was the girl who was stand behind that creepy girl. 

"Wait! Don't go." She said with her puppy eyes. And it's cute. 

"But I have to go. It's okay. I can eat at the canteen." I tried to pull my hand back from her but failed. She looks weak but nah she is quite strong. Suddenly, that creepy girl grabbed my hand.

They smiled. Eh? What's wrong with this two people? Why they acting like this to me? "No no no... Don't go... You can eat here." Said by that creepy girl. "We're just joking around hahaha I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you scared earlier. Sorry okay?" Now, I'm confused. Should I just go or .... ? 

"Hey! Let's be friends! I'm sure that you don't have friends yet , right ?" I stared into their eyes, searching for the honesty. Appa said, if we want to know whether someone is sincerely with us or not, just look into their eyes. I always did that if I want to be friends with someone and many more. And their face shows that they were being honest to friend with me. 

I smiled at them and I was about to cry because I felt so touched. Well, no one ever asked to be friend with me because I'm nerdy. This is the very first time someone or could I say, two persons at one time wanted to be friends with me. 

"Sure! I would like to be you guys's friend!" My answer immediately made them happy and chuckled. 

"Thankyou! Let me introduce myself. My name is Hyunah." She smiled at me. Oh, so this creepy girl name's is Hyunah. What a pretty name. Suits her so much. I smiled back.

"And annyeong! My name is Sulli. Choi Sulli. I'm Hyunah's best friend." Choi Sulli. She has a long brown hair, puppy eyes that looks so cute and peach lips. She also looks so innocent and adorable with her looks. 

"Hey. Umm. My name is Son Naeun. Call me Naeun." I ended up the awkward-introduction-conversation. Then I smiled again to them. 

"Naeun- shii, where is your old school located at?" Sulli asked me.

"Somewhere in America ?" I raised up my left eyebrow. 

"Wow! Seriously? That was amazing! It is fun to study there? But why did you came here back to Korea?" Now its Hyunah's turn asked me. 

I giggled. "Yeah it is. Well, I came back to Korea because my appa have to transfer back to Korea."

"Aigooo! You are so lucky that you got the chance to study abroad!" Sulli clapped her hands. 

Sulli is weird. I don't know what kind of luckiness is it, studying in someone else's country. I meant, when I was there, I got bullied by the students there. They said that I'm weird and disgusting. No one wanted to be friend with me. Is this another definition of lucky? 

No. It's more like hell. To be honest, I'm glad that appa got transfered here. I smiled. "Let's finish our food quickly. The recess time is almost over." I tried to change the topic. I don't want to think about it anymore. I tried to forget my past slowly. 

"Arasso." Hyunah and Sulli said together. We sat back on the bench and continued eating our lunch. 

~~ Everybody! Everybody! Every everybody chamdeul neo pabu gaewo~~ 

"Ain't that Everybody by SHINee? Whose ringtone is it?" We checked our cell phones. Nobody calls us. Weird.

"Yah! I think the song comes from there." Sulli pointed her finger to a big tree, eight steps from the bench that we were sitting on.

I got up from the bench. "Let me check." As I wanted to start walking towards the big tree, I saw someone running fastly from the tree. 

"W... Wait!!!!" I shouted but that boy won't stop running and after that he dissapeared. Who was he ? 

 

KRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

The recess time is over. "It's okay, Naeun- ah... Let him be. Let's go back to class." Hyunah hold my hand and we walked together to class happily. 

Thank God, I have friends now! But I'm still wondering who was the boy that eaves drop our conversation earlier? I thought. 

No No No song by APink shows that someone call me. After I checked the name written on my handphone screen, I smiled to myself and I picked it up quickly.

"Yes omma? Why did you call me?" 

"Naeun-ah, my beautiful daughter.... After the school is over, you have to come home quickly arasso?"

"Wae omma?" 

"I have something important to tell you. Later okay? I have some work to do now. Come home quickly arasso! Annyeong! Muah!" 

"Arasso omma. Annyeong. See you at....." 

Tut tut tut.... Hm. Omma always end the call before I finished my sentence. What if there is important thing to say? Aigoo omma omma. Then I remembered what omma said in the call earlier. Something important to tell me? But what is this regarding? What is it so important to tell me? Aigoooo. My curiousness overload.

After I arrived at home, omma grabbed my hand tightly and lead me to sit beside her on the sofa. Eh? Appa also here too? I saw Omma and appa's face looks serious. What is this? Why is everyone in this house is so serious?

 "Honey. Omma and appa already think about this. We want you to get married..." 

"WHATTTT?" I immediately sat up from the sofa after heard what Omma said. 

"We want you to get married. Appa have found your future husband that suits with you honey." Appa said. 

"Omma. Appa. Are you guys joking me right?" I laughed awkwardly. 

"Does this sounds so funny to you? We're serious." My laughed stopped. Are you serious appa omma? 

"But don't you think that I'm too young to get married?" 

"Who says it's wrong to get married early huh? Tell me." Appa raised his voice a bit higher. 

"No one said that but...." 

"Naeun ah. I've been dreaming of you marrying this boy since you were born. His parents and us were agreed to match you guys up when you guys reached 18 years old." 

I frowned. "But omma. I'm not ready yet to get married with anyone." 

"Don't worry honey. Marrying someone is not that hard." Omma got up from the sofa and patted my back to calm me down. Well. Seriously omma understand me well. I love to be patted by someone if I am not in the good mood. 

After I calm down for a while, I sighed. "Hm. Who is he?" 

"He is our best friend's son and he is in the same age as you. We're gonna meet him and his family tonight. You just wait okay. I'm sure that you're gonna like him. Okay?" Omma smiled at me.

"Arasso omma." I answered her lazily. 

"Are you okay honey?" 

"I'm okay omma, appa. Don't worry." I smiled at them. 

I said to them that I'm okay. But deep inside in my heart, I'm not. Who is he? Omma and appa's best friend? Why I didn't know that omma and appa have a best friend in America? Hmm. If he is omma and appa's best friend's son, then it's fine. I hope that he is a good man. And I hope he could accept nerdy girl like me. Aigooo  Why do I have a bad vibe for this arranged marriage? Why did I felt this way?