#5

When I Need Comfort Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HaNeul arrived in front of her apartment door and quickly dug inside her bag to find the keys. Once she did, it made a jingle sound around the quiet and dark hallway of the building. She placed the key inside the key hole and twisted it. The lock made a snap sound as she placed her other hand on the door knob. She walked inside kicking her three-inch creamed heels when she took her first step in.

The door slowly closed behind HaNeul while hearing a sweet voice coming from the kitchen. She heard footsteps coming her way and that’s when she realized the smell of fresh cooked food. Her hand bag slid down from her arm onto the floor when she saw the person she’d wanted to see the whole day.

“You’re home!” Henry said happily with a black apron around his waist. “Let’s eat.”

HaNeul walked passed him taking off her think black jacket, revealing her white blouse, and threw her jacket on the couch. “I’m not hungry.”

Henry pointed to the table set with food he’d just cooked, “But I made dinner.” His small eyes wondered to the clock on the microwave and it read 11:30PM. “Well, late dinner.” She didn’t answer and took a few steps away from him, but he held onto her lower arm. “What’s wrong?” She shook her head with a light smile and he raised one of his thick eyebrows. “Can’t you eat first before you go wash up? Please?” He began to frown and she kept her straight face making her way into the kitchen.

HaNeul sat down one of the white chairs and picked up the chopsticks. Her eyes looked around at all the food he’d cook. It must’ve taken him hours on the beef stew, the fried tofu with sprouts, and the side dishes. She now felt a pain coming from her chest when she thought about rejecting his offer about eating.

Henry sat across from her waiting for her to take the first bite. He kept his eyes on her hand as they worked with the chopsticks picking up some sprouts. His lips curved up once she placed the sprouts in and began to chew. He leaned in with his hands under his chin, waiting again for her response. Nothing. She said nothing and kept chewing. He raised an eyebrow again when she went for the tofu and his pink lips frowned when she picked up her spoon for the stew. Again, she didn’t say one word.

“Is it bad?” Henry finally asked.

HaNeul swallowed the hot stew before answering him, “No, it’s good.”

“What’s wrong?” His question made he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter