#4

When I Need Comfort Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zia flipped her phone over and over on her coffee table while sitting on the floor. She wanted to call someone, but feel like it’ll be a bother. Her thumb scrolled down on all of her contact list and she shut it off after one more scroll. She continued flipping her phone on the table staring into the black screen T.V. She let out a loud sigh stopping what she was doing and placed her head down on the table. She could feel the coldness of the table on her forehead and it made its way down her cheeks. Her pink cheeks slowly turned pale as she stayed in that position.

Her phone suddenly ring and she quickly shot her head up picking it up. She answered her phone without looking at the caller ID; noting how desperate she needed someone.

Zia quietly cleared , “Hello?”

“Hey, it’s me.” She heard a warm and welcoming voice.

“Zico?” Her pink lips began to lift into a smile without her realizing. “What’s up?”

“Nothing. It’s just that you haven’t call for some days now and I got worried. You’re doing fine, right?”

Zia smiled bigger at his words. It made her felt warm inside and somehow relaxed, like it made her completely forgotten about how long her day was. Now that she realized it, Zico was the only friend that worried and cared for her. With that thought, she softened her smile.

“Yea, I’m fine.” Zia lied finally remembering how her day went. It went well in the earlier morning, but as soon as noon hits, a bunch of co-workers called in making everyone being replaced in their work areas. Zia had been moved to three areas around her place and had to skip lunch. Once the time was ten, she made her way out of work when she was supposed to leave two hours ago.

She quietly let out a breath looking at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter