#3

When I Need Comfort Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen sat on the cream colored couch in the living room with his arms crossed. His head lifted and hazily read the time, 12:04AM. He sigh picking up his white phone from the table in front of him when he heard the door lock snapping. His head turned as quick as a bullet hearing the knob now twisting.

Celine kicked her black heels off from her feet not noticing Chen was standing before her when she entered. His arms fell from his sides with this phone on one hand. His face looked relieved when she finally saw him. She smiled like it was telling him that she was glad to be home and she went closer to him. Her branded hang bag was thrown on the ground as her arms quickly slid in between his and he felt her softly squeezing his waist.

“You’re late tonight,” Chen finally spoke with a calm voice.

“I forgot to call you,” he barely heard her with her small face buried in his shoulder. “It got busy at work today and things got crazy.” She let go and looked at him in the eye, “I’m going to take a shower.”

Chen moved a bit away making them look at one another, “But have you eaten anything yet?”

She shook her head, “I’m not hungry,” and she made her way into their bedroom.

His dark brown eyes followed her as she went into the bedroom and he kept his eyes at the door even after she’d went in. Celine came out with a light pink towel wrapped around her chest and paced into the bathroom without glancing at Chen. He frowned thinking how tired she must’ve been at work. He wondered if her co-workers were treating her badly and if there were customers who’d mistreated her. He brushed those thoughts away and starting making his way into the bedroom and waited for her to come to bed.

After Celine was done washing up, she saw Chen lying on their king size bed facing her. His eyes were closed with an arm folded under his head and the lights coming from the lamp on the table next to the bed shined on him. She lifted the side of her paled lips seeing how peacefully he was sleeping. He looked like an angel sent from the heavens with the warm lights glowing on him. Her eyes began to smile along with her lips the longer she stared at him.

A few seconds went by and Celine decided to get some sleep. She walked over to the table near Chen and turned off the lights. The only lights in the room came from the moon through the window. Celine crawled onto the bed looking out the window for a split second as she passed it. Everything was dark and quiet as soon as she lied d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter