#6

When I Need Comfort Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jina sat alone at a nearby café in her neighborhood with a drink in front of her. The clock ticked informing that it was evening, but she stared out the window watching people happily smiling passing by. The smell of coffee and the sound of the blender slowly disappeared when her eyes spotted two girls hooking arms while entering a clothing store across the street. Seeing how they talked and laughed at each other made Jina felt a burning pain inside her chest. She guessed that the girls were sisters since they look alike when they smiled and she felt envious of their relationship.

Right before she picked up her hot chocolate, she felt a light and warm hand on her back. Her head turned around and saw the person she’d called. Jina slightly lifted her lips as JinYoung sat himself down across from her. He showed her a grin while the waitress came by to take his order.

“Americano is fine,” he said looking up at the waitress. The waitress paced away and JinYoung turned to Jina with the same smile. “What’s wrong? You don’t look happy seeing me.”

Jina took a sip of her warm drink before responding, “Something is wrong and I’m not happy about it.”

The waitress returned with JinYoung’s coffee and he thanked her before she walked away leaving them alone again. His focus went back to Jina, “What happened?”

Jina sighed glancing down at the top of her drink. The white foam was forming a swirl like a tornado. She kept her eyes on the bubbles popping and the swirls rotating around as she spoke, “Another argument.” She heard JinYoung blowing on his drink before hearing a quiet sip. “Why is it that whenever we see each other, we end up arguing?”

Jina looked up at him and he set his coffee down. “It’s perfectly normal for siblings to argue, especially since you two are sisters.”

“Arguing every time we see each other’s face isn’t normal,” she informed him with her arms crossed over her chest. She let out another sigh bringing her arms down and set her hands on her thighs. Her small fingers curled into a tight ball as her head lowered and she stared at the top of her hands. “I’m listening to her every word. She’s hungry, I cook. She’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter