official teasers

〈 ♞ 〉NIGHT CIRCUS
 
12 SEPTEMBER 2014
THE FIRST TEASER
 
co-author's note: so, here is the first teaser! this teaser focuses on my character min with jaesun as the side character. the next teaser will focus on jaesun with my character being the side one. i hope this showcases my writing and that it doesn't turn anyone away ;; there will be comedy weaved in with drama while they try and keep everything about this company a secret, so yeah. it's hard to write something when we can't reveal much about management and everything. if you don't know, kasper is a dancer with beatburgerjae and can be seen as the good-looking man dancing with taemin and his blonde manager greg in 'danger' stages.

updated: september 16, 2014
Low rumbling and deep beats from the music player reverberate throughout the practice room, a hip hop song playing loud as Jaesun dances along to it, observing his own moves through the mirrors critically and carefully. Min watches from the back of the room, sitting on the hard wood floor as she leans back against the wall, wondering how someone can move like Jaesun, Kasper, and any other main or lead dancer since she obvious can’t. She clutches onto her cell phone, awaiting a call she was promised once the other person landed safely in Bangkok, Thailand.

Eventually, the song finishes and another one comes on, Jaesun easily flowing into it while he catches sight of Min in the mirror. He would sigh if he weren’t already having trouble breathing from the three hours of dancing he had been doing. “You should be practicing your dancing, Min,” he softly calls out in between moves, “It’s not your strongpoint.”

“I know,” Min shouts back, staring at her phone patiently, “But I can’t.”

Jaesun watches her carefully for the next few beats before he stops completely, taking in huge gulps of air to regulate his breathing. Waiting a few more minutes, he simply walks over to the speaker system and pauses his iPhone, taking it off of the dock to go join Min at the back of the room. He checks for any missed messages quickly before sitting down a foot away from his fellow trainee. “I’m sure they’ll be okay.”

“With how this year has been going, I wouldn’t be so sure about anything.” Min replies back, scrolling through her contacts absentmindedly. Her gaze is distant, and Jaesun knows this year hasn’t been the best for South Korea, for the young world and music in general. So many tragedies have happened, and everything still hits close to home. Those teenagers were still young, Wu Yifan was still as close to Min as they could get, and Go Eunbi and Kwon Risae were young, bright, and lovely ladies.

“He should be recovering right now, Min. He will be fine.”

Min knows Jaesun means well. They have known each other for two years now, being two of the first trainees ever at KB Entertainment. They were both relatively foreign and could surprisingly converse in English together with Min’s history at BISS International School in Beijing and Jaesun being half-English. But just like that, Jaesun knows Min means well when she worries about her friends.

“How can he push himself so hard when he knows his health is important too?”

A wry smile makes its way onto Jaesun’s face. “Aren’t you glad we’re not a part of SM Entertainment?” He knows Min wanted to become a trainee and debut with them instead of wherever she could get in, but they got lucky.

“Yeah,” Min agrees slowly knowing that much is true, almost reading his thoughts, “We were lucky.” Suddenly, her phone lights up and she’s quick to answer it, sliding her thumb across the screen and putting her phone up to her ear. Jaesun stares at her a bit longer before looking down to text his own friends and see what they were doing. They should be training, but half their staff is gone for the day and they were given a week off to do whatever they want. With no where to really go and wanting to prove they could still debut, they both ended up at Jaewon’s studio since early morning, watching as some trainees come and go throughout the day.

“Are all of you okay?” Min suddenly asks, catching Jaesun’s attention. “Has Luhan texted you yet?”

He’s probably resting right now, Min.”

“But you know how he is. He’s probably having a fitful sleep because he’s not with any of you there.”

Minseok sighs on the line, hearing the fans halls away gathering for them outside the airport terminal they’re exiting. He knows it won’t be like the bizarrely organized fan arrivals like the one EXO just experienced outside Incheon, and he sighs again into the phone. “Well, I told him to rest. Catch up on his sleep and eat.”

“He’ll listen to you,” Min mumbles in thought, “You’re older than him.”

Even though he makes me call him ‘Lu-ge.’

That makes Min laugh and Jaesun smiles at the carefree sound. She doesn’t sound so stressed out about it anymore. “Okay. Do you think I should call him later?” It takes a few minutes before she hears a response.

Yeah. Text him so he won’t be disturbed.” A brief pause. “Minnie, I have to go. I’ll talk to you later.

Min frowns slightly but nods even though the other can’t see her. “Okay. Good luck at your concert. Have fun and stay safe.”

Got it. Bye.”

“Bye.”

Jaesun watches as she presses the end button on the call, slowly putting her phone back on her lap. He continues to observe her a bit longer before looking in front of him towards the mirrors where he can see the black peeking out from his roots at the base of his dyed, blonde hair. He has no need to dye it any time soon. Their debut got pushed back to next year – again. He looks back to his side when he sees Min texting someone on her phone. “He’s not going to get any better if he keeps receiving calls and texts from his friends.”

“He has migraines and trouble sleeping. He’s either going to be awake or passed out with the help of medicine.” Min grumbles back, putting her phone down after sending her text. “He’s been losing weight too,” she sighs out, “I’ve seen the fantaken photos, Jaesun. He constantly looks tired and beaten down, and he needs to know there are others supporting him instead of the other way around.”

“All of us have people supporting us one way or another,” Jaesun responds back before Min’s phone starts to ring again. She quickly picks it up after seeing the caller ID and he rolls his eyes hearing her slip back to Mandarin.

“You should be sleeping.”

Min smiles at the light laughter she hears from the other. “It’s 2 PM in Beijing, Min. I should be awake right now.”

“Do you feel any better? You’ve been gone, and it worries me.”

I’m not going to leave,” Luhan whispers, and Min wonders if he knows the implications of her statement. It’s a depressing topic to talk about. “Plus, I’ve been eating a bit more and sleeping longer than usual. I think I’m gaining weight, but my parents say I need it.”

“You do.” Min says with a fond smile and Jaesun shoves her shoulder, feeling the happiness radiating off of her, and it’s nauseating. She pulls the phone slightly away from her, covering the mouthpiece to glare at her friend. “Be quiet, English.”

Did you say something, Min?

“Oh. No, Lu,” Min quickly says, returning to her phone call.

Oh. Well,” Luhan pauses, smiling at the people he came across by ‘mere coincidence,’ “I figured I should call you instead of texting you back.”

Min’s brows furrow in confusion and now Jaesun’s hidden curiosity is peaked too. “What for?”

I came across your parents after eating out with mine. I recognized them from the picture you showed me earlier this year. They said they know me too!

“You don’t sound like you’re tired.” Min comments back blandly, not wanting to dwell on the fact Luhan was able to see her parents before her. She also thinks about how adorably dumb her friends are because Luhan is her actual friend and a part of EXO. Of course her parents will know who he is.

Well, I am, and I like them. They’re nice,” he continues on gently, almost sounding like he’s either about to spill some secret or fall asleep right on the spot. He should be catching up on sleep. But with how packed his schedule was before last week, she could imagine him being restless and constantly walking about, trying to burn off the excess energy he naturally had to accumulate being an idol.

“And?” Jaesun leans in as well, wondering why his friend looks so confused.

When I mentioned to them that I am usually very busy with EXO, they mentioned something about you being too busy to come visit them as well.” Shuffling is heard in the background, and Min assumes Luhan is walking away from the adults. “When I asked why, you should have enough money to travel back and see them, they said you were too busy practicing with some company. I was going to ask them more about it since I know you’re not a trainee anywhere, but my dad started talking to your dad about the electronics he works with and the topic changed.”

Min’s eye widen at the words, quickly looking to her side where Jaesun is looking at her shocked as well. She knows Luhan’s family is associated with the military and his dad instantly talking to her parents is quite... interesting, but she’s glad he unknowingly saved her story, and now she’s in trouble with their CEO if this gets out.

So, Shi Min,” Luhan starts off again, emphasizing her name when he only hears silence from her end, “What were they talking about?

Jaesun is the first one to react, Min quickly reaching out to cover his mouth. “–”

“… And who is that?
 
 
 
12 SEPTEMBER 2014
THE SECOND TEASER
 
co-author's note: here is the second teaser, and the ceo kinda makes an appearance? yeah, maybe he sounds kinda cool? and you can see how our characters act like together. jaesun kinda has this hate thing going on with min and min just kinda likes messing with him. yeah. anyways. i've reviewed all the applicants so far, but now we're waiting for some males to come in and join the party. check the updates page! no deadline yet :)

updated: september 28, 2014
To Jaesun, Min spitting out Mandarin words left and right makes him believe she chose the right choice to focus her talents into rapping. The only problem with this is that she’s trying to explain to a very dubious Lu Han about what her parents could be talking about with her and some company, considering that was the only thing she hissed to him in English so Luhan couldn’t understand her Korean.

He’s busy trying to keep quiet, still sitting next to her when his phone suddenly rings as well. He looks down at the device confused before he sees the caller ID and he’s moving to stand up and sit on the opposite side of the room from Min, all the way in the corner farthest away from her where it was minutely dimmer than other parts of the practice room.

“Hi, hyung,” he greets, wincing when Hakyeon suddenly screams in his ear.

What has my dongsaeng been up to? My best friendship senses are tingling!

To say Jaesun is confused is an understatement, but he’s known Hakyeon for as long as he can remember – when they were both still trainees at Jellyfish Entertainment – so he expects this odd behavior from him. Except – “Aren’t you in Poland right now, hyung?”

I am! And it’s nine in the morning, but I need to learn new English phrases.” Another pause. “Help me, dongsaeng!

“I have a name,” Jaesun deadpans before he hears Min sigh a breath of relief, holding her phone away from her to speak to him in English.

“It’s working,” she informs him, and Jaesun really should’ve covered up the end of his cell phone to muffle her voice out.

I know you have a name, Jaesun. But who is that lady? You don’t have any other friends besides me and Inguk-hyung.”

Jaesun remains silent as he swats at Min to keep quiet at her end of the room. He gives her a stern look that she reciprocates before he speaks English into the phone. “Hello.”

There’s silence on the other end of the line, and Jaesun hopes Hakyeon at least knows the standard English greeting. He hears the other’s doubt in his tone of voice, and now their CEO is going to fire them. “Hello.”

“My name is N.”

I know your name isn’t N. That’s my name.” Hakyeon suddenly speaks back in Korean and Jaesun frowns, responding back just the same.

“Just repeat the sentence, hyung.”

I know that already. Something new, Jae.

“Lu Han!” Min suddenly shrieks, causing Jaesun to jump at the sudden high pitch. She looks at him embarrassedly before going back to he doesn’t know what.

Lu Han?” Hakyeon questions next, and Jaesun is now going to fire Min from being his friend. “You know him? Who’s that girl?

Jaesun wonders why in all the worlds this situation is happening to them right now. Luhan is in Beijing catching up on bodily rest, and Hakyeon is with VIXX having their concert in Poland. Why in the world would they be on the phone at the exact same time with the both of them? He ends up being busy trying to confuse Hakyeon with a mixture of English and Korean while Min tries and deals with her own problem in Mandarin when the CEO of KB Entertainment walks into the room.

He is completely surprised to hear a mixture of three languages reverberating throughout the practice room and he looks stunned for a moment, trying to comprehend what’s going on. He gets the gist of “you know I’m not with some company Lu, I’ve been tutoring kids” and “why can’t I be friends with a girl, hyung?” and he thinks it’s time to clap his hands and get their attentions.

The action causes both trainees to jump, eyes wide as they see their CEO standing there with a stern look on his face. Min quietly tells Luhan she needs to go and to get as much sleep as he can right when he gets home, and Jaesun apologizes to Hakyeon and states he’ll be fine at his concert. Within minutes, they’re both standing up and in front of him, heads bent because they know they’re in trouble.

“What was that about?” the CEO asks them, causing both members to sigh inwardly at what they now have to tell him.

“I was checking up on Luhan when he told me he ran into my parents, and it slipped that I’m supposedly training with some company. It’s the reason why I can’t go back home.”

The CEO nods before looking to Jaesun expectantly. “I don’t really know why Hakyeon-hyung called, but then he heard Min exclaiming something and mentioned Luhan’s name. He heard her, and he wants to know who she is and how she knows Luhan because he’s friends with EXO, and I apparently have no friends besides him and Inguk-hyung.”

The CEO now looks very amused at his explanation before turning back to Min. “I apologize, sir. This is entirely my fault. I tried to explain I wasn’t with some company, but I don’t know if he believes me.”

Nodding at the response, the CEO looks thoughtful for a moment before a mischievous glint enters his eyes. They don’t know how to react to that look. “Luhan will be resting until their Beijing concert is over, and I don’t know what VIXX is doing, but they’ll be busy with their world tour concert.” He lets out a sigh as he holds out his hand. “Phones.”

Jaesun and Min wince when they hand over the devices and the CEO is walking over to place his personal iPod into the speaker system. The former knows they’re in for it – it’s only right. It’s only their first day of their break.

“Your week off ends today. Resume normal training if you still expect to debut next year.”

Jaesun blames Min for everything horrible happening today.
 
 
 
31 October 2014
THE THIRD TEASER
 
co-author's note: so. here's a quick little teaser i whipped up since the deadline is around a week away? do you guys need an extension?? there aren't very many applicants right now and i know it's about time for finals soon, so we won't mind pushing the deadline back. we might choose one applicant though just to help speed things along and show a little more backstory to each member of the group. (i feel like you guys would get tired reading about min and jaesun's little adventures ;;) so yeah. leave a comment below or pm one of us? :)

updated: december 6, 2014
“One year from now, the seven of you will officially be debuting under the name Night Circus,” the CEO suddenly informs the seven individuals standing in front of her. She looks each one in the eye briefly. “Because of this, I have made some calls to get you your own small studio. It is complete with one small practice room that will be used for vocal and rap sessions while a larger practice room will be for dance. There are also two small offices in there, and your manager I have personally screened will be there monitoring each of your developments.”

The seven members in front of her remain quiet, so she goes on.

“You will be the first group to have trained and debut under us, so our board members will only expect the best from all of you to make this a successful entry into the music world. The weight of this burden will be great in the upcoming months and we hope that we have chosen the right trainees for this group.”

The CEO gives a soft sigh at seeing each of the trainees’ rigid forms before leaning back against her chair that she borrowed previously from Jaewon. Seeing her starting to relax in front of them, a few of the trainees start to relax in front of her as well. They understand their positions.

“I will have each of you sign a contract a week before you debut, so if you continue to feel pressured before then, you may freely leave this company without a burden.”

Min slowly raises her hand at that, waiting patiently before bowing when the CEO nods at her. “Are we going to be able to look over the contract for a day or two before we sign it?”

The CEO stares at her, knowing of her relations with other idols and trainees, before giving her a kind smile and leaning back forward to lean on the table in front of her. “Yes, you will each be given a chance to completely look over it. I can even go over it with each of you in depth to show you what you’re truly signing yourself in to.” She looks to the others as well. “What I have in mind is that your contracts will last five years. There will be no bans on dating, but that does not mean to publicize your personal relationships. Keep it hidden as long as you can before Dispatch discovers something and makes it bigger than it really is. I will try to give each of you opportunities and ask your opinion on an activity before consenting to it. However, in return, I expect hard work and passion for what you are about to do. I want each of you to work twice as hard and rise to the top, whatever you consider that to be.”

“Once we drop the announcement, netizens will expect all of you to be the best of the best. They will believe you to be able to become legendary while you are under KB Entertainment, and they will believe you to excel in your given positions.”

She pauses again.

“However, before we get into anything more specific, I have decided to allow each of you a week off to do whatever you wish. Go back home, relax, eat whatever you want. This one week will be your only true break besides the three days I’m allowing each for Christmas this year and Chuseok next year until a week before your debut where you will be able to relax and recuperate,” she gives a pointed look to Min, “So I suggest you all take the given chance immediately, because after this, you will commence intensive training to be able to prepare for your debut stage properly.”

Jaesun gives the girl standing next to him a side-glance, knowing exactly what their CEO is hinting at.

“I believe that is all,” the CEO slowly says, recapping in her head what she had informed them. She looks to each of them again before looking back to the paperwork and binders in front of her on the desk. “You are now free for the week. I will have your new manager text each of you the exact location of your new studio and to remind you when practices start.”

“But,” someone suddenly speaks up, softly as if hesitating to ask the question. The CEO looks up at the trainee, slightly caught off-guard. “What about the other trainees under KB Entertainment?”

The CEO hums before leaning back in her chair again. “Jaewon needs constant use of his studio now. He is constantly working on his own music to present under SM Entertainment,” she pauses before she gives a soft sigh, “The remaining trainees will still be trainees under KB Entertainment, but because of the tight spot we are in, we are going to be relying on the seven of you to bring this new company some recognition and revenue.” Jaesun frowns at the response. “They will simply not be training as much anymore. They can train wherever they can get in to and even come here to see if the studio is open as long as they remain secretive about us, but Jaewon will need his place to himself. We have already burdened him for two years now.”

Min bites her lip at the information before the other trainee nods, “Okay.”

“Any more questions?”

When the CEO sees nobody else moving to speak, she nods to them allowing them to leave. One by one they file out before she calls out, “Min. Stay for a minute.”

Min looks back at her surprised before looking up to Jaesun a step ahead of her. They look to each other before he simply looks away and exits the room. Min frowns at the lack of reaction before turning back around to walk towards the CEO, stopping just in front of her again. “Yes?”

The CEO doesn’t respond immediately, looking at the files spread out in front of her. “When you go back to Beijing,” she softly says, “Make sure he is doing well.”

“What?” Min breathes out in surprise, eyes widening at the sudden comment.

“You know who,” the CEO replies gently, looking up to see Jaesun peeking around the wall towards them, “He had great potential, but some companies can be cruel and push their greatest potentials to their breaking point.” She looks back up to Min. “If you see either of them over there, make sure they are both doing well.”

Min doesn’t know what to say, so she nods instead as a small smile forms on her face. “I will. Thank you.”

The CEO waves her wand dismissively. “Don’t thank me yet.”

Min softly laughs before turning around to exit the room, looking next to the doorway to see Jaesun standing there waiting for her. They share another look before she sighs, leading the way out of Jaewon’s house and studio. They walk in silence, Min trying to calculate costs in her head before Jaesun breaks the silence.

“Do you think he lied to you?”

Caught off-guard, Min laughs at the sudden question, looking up to her friend. “No.”

Jaesun simply shrugs at her answer, “Hakyeon-hyung is dumb.”

“Mhm,” Min silently hums, confused with the sudden turn of events.

“I’m going to their fansign event tonight at Geondae. Want to come?”

Min contemplates it before she shakes her head, about to head off in the direction back to her small apartment. “Nah. I’m going to try and get the first flight back home.”

Jaesun nods at her response, looking over at her before sighing. “Give him my regards,” he briefly hums, “Give them all my regards.”

Min stares at her friend strangely, nodding and laughing anyways before she leaves. He doesn’t even know them personally and vice versa. “Same with VIXX, English boy.”

“I hate you.”

“Same to you.”
 
 
 
31 OCTOBER 2014
THE FOURTH TEASER
 
co-author's note: the first chosen applicant! congrats to alicereverie and lee seungheon anantachai! the deadline has been moved to 29 december 2014, and i don't think we'll reveal anybody else until then? unless we receive another app we absolutely love. idk. the spots open are marked on the applicant page -- two boys and two girls. aaand, i think that's all? the official characters' page has been updated as well. (the teasers will all be compiled into one or two chapters later when the story starts, no worries.) HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZHOU YIXUAN. YOU PRECIOUS MAN.

updated: december 11, 2014
Kyehoon looks over the back of the couch, his university textbook lying open facedown on his stomach, when the apartment door opens. He raises an eyebrow at seeing his cousin entering his sanctuary. “Home from your mystery job already, Seungheon?”

Seungheon eyes the book on his cousin when he makes his way into their living room. “You’re not actually studying for once, right?”

“I’m appalled to think you actually believe me to be studying in the first place.”

They stare at each other for a minute before they burst into laughter, Seungheon slumping down onto the couch next to him. The television is on the news channel, reports of Shin Hae Chul’s early death still circulating all the channels, and they watch it in silence, waiting for all the recaps and new official reports to be revealed before Kyehoon switches the channel to late morning cartoons. “2014 is almost over, huh?” he questions quietly, watching as Seungheon takes out his wallet from his back pocket and tosses it onto the table, causing it to open. He can see a folded up piece of paper sticking out. “You still carry that thing around with you?”

Seungheon looks at him confused before looking back to the table and grabbing his wallet. He picks at the piece of stiff paper until it comes out, a fond look entering his eyes as he unfolds it and tosses his wallet back to the coffee table. “Duh.”

Kyehoon suddenly sits up straight, his textbook falling to the floor as he grabs the card out of his cousin’s hands and inspects it closely. “You’ve had this tarot card since last year, and it’s the card of The Fool.” He then side-eyes his cousin. “You are a fool, aren’t you? That’s why you have it. To remind yourself of your ever so foolish actions in life.”

“I’m not a fool!” Seungheon suddenly protests with a pout, reaching out to get his tarot card back when his cousin easily flies off the couch to run away from him. “My actions in life have not been foolish! My actions in life have been beautiful!”

“You know there’s a fine line between being conceited and being confident,” Kyehoon responds back, standing behind one end of the couch while Seungheon stands at the opposite end, “You’re breaching that line very closely.”

“Please,” Seungheon says, stopping to stand up straight and give his cousin a look, “I know I’m confident.”

“What’s so important with this card then? Does this have to do with your mystery job? Oh!” the other suddenly exclaims, “You’re a fool in love!”

“Yeah,” Seungheon says with a roll of his eyes, “With myself.”

“So you admit it?”

“How are you twenty-four?”

“How are you best friends with Hyuna?”

Seungheon gives his cousin a blank stare. “What does that mean?”

Kyehoon stares back at him, simply because he wants to meet Hyuna, before he sighs while holding the bent card up in the air again, “Can’t you just outright tell me what you’ve been doing for the past year? I have my guesses, but this is the first time you’re home so early.”

The other bites his lip thinking about his chances before looking to the card he blindly picked when he first entered KB Entertainment one year ago. The CEO himself told him that these cards held significant meanings based on what each trainee randomly chose and he promptly researched his card the first day after his first training. He thinks all the other trainees did too. Their cards gave them hope that they would finally have their dreams come true. And in one more year, they will.

“I have one week off completely,” Seungheon suddenly starts out, watching as his cousin gives him a quizzical look, “And then I’ll disappear in a poof of smoke only to come back late every night again.”

Kyehoon’s mouth drops at the answer, completely confused. “What?”

The younger just gives him a cheeky smile, suddenly pointing towards their kitchen and causing Kyehoon to look over curiously. Seungheon immediately takes that second-long chance to grab the small throw pillow in front of him before throwing it, knocking his cousin’s head to the side and making him drop his card. “Hey!” Kyehoon exclaims in shock, caught off-guard just as Seungheon runs and dives for his card.

There’s a wrestling match working its way up into something rougher when they suddenly hear knocks at the door. Kyehoon is too busy getting his cousin into a chokehold when Seungheon rapidly pats him on the side of the face, trying to get him to let go of him as he keeps his precious card now tucked in the inside of his pants. “Door,” Seungheon pants out, another set of knocks echoing throughout their apartment before Kyehoon gives in and lets go of him reluctantly.

They share a set of glares as Seungheon curls in on himself protectively, making sure his card is safe and sound, before Kyehoon gets up to answer the door. He really should be more surprised by whom he sees, but he really isn’t.

“Snake-eye here? He texted me he’s suddenly off today.”

Kyehoon sighs in defeat before he jerks his head in the direction of his cousin still curled up on the ground childishly. “There, hyung.”

At hearing the familiar voice, Seungheon picks his head up off the ground, watching with wide eyes as his favorite mentor walks around the small corner to internally judge him lying on the ground with a worried raise of the brow. “Jaejoong-hyung!”

Behind them, Kyehoon shakes his head, going back to sit on the couch and warm up his stomach with his textbook once again. “Indeed a fool, Lee Seungheon.”
 
 
 
04 NOVEMBER 2014
THE FIFTH TEASER
 
co-author's note: the second chosen applicant! congrats to -yinghua and yoo jiwool! we have finally chosen the characters who are going to debut in night circus, but to those who aren't-- no worries! we already have plans to have a soloist in the company as well as a duo group ( for the future ). i have a whole page dedicated to this company, night circus' information, and the whole background about why these characters were chosen and everything so hopefully it'll make everything look more real and stuff. others who applied are automatic trainees and will probably be featured/seen/etc. in every other chapter or so ;u; i personally have good plans for this story, so when i talk to author about this, hopefully we get a story layout down and everything ;u;

i'll try and get all the teasers and background information out by my birthday one week from now ( feb. 4 ) so by then, i can start on the first chapter :)

ps. do you guys also want a teaser for the future soloist and duo act??? ( it'll be in one teaser and will have the CEO as well talking to them, etc. )

pps. the characters are going to be revealed by age so.....

updated: january 29, 2015
Jiwool slowly exhales through the thick scarf covering the bottom half of her face, a thin layer of fog crawling up the bottom of her glasses from the slow heat. She looks around curiously, carefully, only to note the same amount of people entering the restaurant as usual a block away from her. She hums thoughtfully, taking out her cell phone to send a quick text to her best friend before stuffing it back into her bag and making her way to Viva Polo.

Her hair is tied up into a messy bun, and she thinks she’s done a good job of keeping her identity mostly hidden. She quickly scans the restaurant as she makes her way further inside, bypassing all the strangers fawning over Chanyeol’s and Yura’s baby pictures to make it to the back of the restaurant safely. She lowers her scarf briefly to give Chanyeol’s mother a bright smile before she suddenly hears squeals and she knows her best friend has made it into the restaurant as well.

Making herself comfortable in the back room of the restaurant, she finally unwinds her scarf and sets down the bag slung across her body. She jumps when she hears the door open again and she spins to see Chanyeol’s mother entering the room as well, coming straight for her and giving her a tight hug.

“Hello, Jiwool,” she happily greets, “I haven’t seen you in a long time! Where have you been?”

Jiwool laughs at the happy tone of the other, pulling back to look up at the taller woman. “I’m sorry. I’ve been studying!”

They hear the door open and close again quickly before a loud shout of “Where is she?!” enters the room. They both laugh and turn to see Chanyeol standing there, cheeks a rosy red and huffing and puffing with eyes wide open, taking in the sight of his best friend before he opens his arms up and laughs, “Yooji!”

“Yeollie!” Jiwool screams back, running around his mother to tackle him in for a hug, “You’re really back!”

“He just got back from Mexico, and he hasn’t even had time to greet his own family members,” Chanyeol’s mom complains, frown turning into a smile when Chanyeol immediately leaves Jiwool to go to her, “Hi, sweetie.”

“Hi, mom!”

Chanyeol whines when he’s suddenly hit on the arm.

“You see me any chance you get,” his mother starts off, letting go of him to go back out to the front, “You barely see her at all. Go catch up and I’ll bring you back your favorite desserts.”

“Thank you, mom!” they both chorus out as she laughs and leaves the room as well. The room goes momentarily silent at her absence, Jiwool turning back around to grab her phone that keeps ringing inside her bag. She frowns when she halfway dumps out her bag to find her phone and sees who’s calling her before sending the call to voicemail and leaving it on the table.

Chanyeol eyes his best friend carefully before looking away from her to the stuff scattered all over the table. “He hasn’t stopped asking about you, you know,” he opens up, reaching out to grab and look over whatever he deems is interesting, “He’s been trying to heal things, with you and with our team, but it’s hard.”

Jiwool makes a whine in the back of , turning to grab her phone and simply silencing it. “I know it’s hard, but it still hurts.”

“I know,” Chanyeol answers back, dropping the wallet to pick up something that looks like a large playing card, “And he’s a big jerk for saying that to you, but–” He frowns in confusion when he turns the card over and sees a bright sun on the top half of the card. “Jiwool? What is this? The Sun?”

“Huh?” Jiwool questions back, looking over her shoulder to see Chanyeol holding her tarot card in his hand. Her eyes widen in surprise before she’s jumping towards him to get her card back. She curses mentally when Chanyeol simply raises his arm to get the object out of her reach. “Yeol! Give that back!”

“What’s so important about this? And you only have one of it,” he says as he fends her off to look up at the card, “It looks old too.”

“Yeol,” Jiwool whines, punching him in the gut, but it really doesn’t do anything, “That’s important to me.”

“And you didn’t tell me?!” Chanyeol gasps out, clearly offended, “I thought we were twins! What is this?!”

“I can’t tell you!” Jiwool screams back, punching him again, “I’m sworn to secrecy.”

Chanyeol frowns, “By whom? Our government or something? Are you secretly a spy?”

Jiwool stops struggling against her friend, staring up at him earnestly and trying to see if the man is truly hurt by her supposedly ‘unknown’ secret. Chanyeol doesn’t particularly look heartbroken, but she feels obligated to tell him something about it. “The sun,” she starts off slowly, backing off to gauge his reaction and watch as the other moves to sit on one of the spare chairs instead, “Is like you, Chanyeol.” There’s a confused look on her friend’s face, so she continues. “I happened to unknowingly choose that card out of a stack of twenty-two, and it was like the world was helping me do something right for once – all my hard work wasn’t for nothing. The world is actually backing me up now.”

“What are you talking about, Jiwool?”

Jiwool simply shrugs, giving her friend the same cheeky smile he always gives her, and plucking her card out from his hand. She holds it up to cover half of her face. “Keep watching over me for the next year, okay?”

Chanyeol still clearly looks confused, but the smile on Jiwool’s face becomes genuine when he simply says, “You’re my best friend. Right?”
 
 
 
04 NOVEMBER 2014
THE SIXTH TEASER
 
co-author's note: the third chosen applicant! congrats to wsyoung and hyemi! i really hope i captured your character's personality and relationship with her sister like how you wanted it ;; if not, please tell me and i can change it! also, please check your little profile on the characters' page. the color code you gave me differed from the actual color it provided, so if you didn't want lime green, please let me know about that too ;;;;

now, there are only two more members left, and they are our guys! then on the same day i release the last teaser for the last guy, i will simultaneously release the overall last teaser featuring the soloist and duo team as well as the background information of the company, group, and everything.

for those who aren't chosen for night circus, you'll also still be featured and keep your friends that you have put in your applications, and maybe even your love interests as well, depending what goes on behind the scenes that the cameras and netizens don't catch.

updated: january 31, 2015
Cheers of the crowd fill Hyemi’s ears, the bright lights and heavy beats causing her to slightly smirk at the scene in front of her. She’s on the ground right next to the speakers, where other unknown rappers try to take the stage and see if they can beat some of the better-known underground rappers in Hongdae. She lightly bobs her head along with the beats and words flowing out of the speakers, and she looks around to gauge the crowd’s reactions and attitudes for the night.

By now, she’s always one of the last to go, believing the coordinators think ‘save the best for last,’ and she briefly wonders how Minho is doing with Winner right now.

She’s wearing a zip-up jacket with her hood up, trying to keep her presence low, but it’s easy to spot an underground rapper as well known as she. She waits, watching as the duo up on the stage finish their performance, before the announcer is hyping up her name, saying “This rapper will perform one of her own personalized tracks.”

She looks up to the stage, catching the eye of the announcer and they share a small smile before he’s finally calling her up. “Ayme!” he screams, and the crowd goes wild, not having heard from her in quite a while. And they don’t have a clue.

She smirks as she gets up on the stage, grabbing the microphone from the announcer. She looks at the crowd, each person holding their breaths waiting for their expectations to be filled to the brim, before she gives a short greeting and then her track drops, taking over the stage like she learned from Minho years ago.

Hyemi doesn’t know how long she’s up there, but when she finishes, there’s a rush in her ears that’ll take forever to go away but she doesn’t care. She feels happy being back where she first started, where she first made a name for herself.

Suddenly, she hears screams that seem like it’s for another reason, and when she gets off stage to look around for reasons why, she’s surprised to see her elder sister coming up to her looking like she just stepped out of a magazine. She’s not prepared for the sudden hug the other gives her.

“You finally came back!” Hyejin exclaims into her ear, causing the crowd to roar because the model Baek Hyejin is in their midst.

Hyemi laughs in response, patting her back albeit a little awkwardly, “You’re talking about yourself. I’ve always been here.”

“That’s true,” Hyejin comments back, quickly being led to the back rooms so her and her sister could talk privately, “Sorry I’ve been busy too.”

Hyemi simply shrugs, smiling at her sister before she starts receiving weird looks from her. She frowns at the other, “What?”

“How’s Mino doing?”

Hyemi rolls her eyes, “Would you stop betting with aunt and mom?”

“But I want to know!” Hyejin exclaims, or more like whines, “You were even featured in their debut music video!”

“There’s really nothing between us,” Hyemi insists, not understanding what was going on, “Nobody could even tell it was me. They made sure to keep my face mostly covered.” She jumps a bit when her sister suddenly leans in to whisper in her ear.

But you’re debuting too, right? That means you’ll get to see him a lot more and everything.”

Hyemi shudders at the sudden close proximity of her sister, pushing her away with a frown on her face. “Yeah, next year. Even then, your bets should all be off because that’s annoying. We’re just friends.”

Hyejin simply shrugs off the answer, giving her a bright smile instead. “Well, still, little sis,” she winks then, “You shouldn’t disappoint me or auntie.”

“What about mom?”

“We can let her down gently.”

“Oh, go leave,” Hyemi says, pushing her sister away from her, “Go back to your modeling thing and I’ll go back to my little personal thing.”

Hyejin wiggles her eyebrows at her even as her own bodyguard and manager guide her out of the room. “Mino?”

“No!”
 
 
 
05 NOVEMBER 2014
THE SEVENTH TEASER
 
co-author's note: the fourth chosen applicant! congrats to infires and suhwan! suhwan is such an adorable guy, i can't ;u; but otl. this teaser is so short but i hope it's sufficient enough ;;;

there's one more applicant left to reveal and then the three future idols and background page. omg, please don't expect much ;;; i'm just trying and idek if it's worth all the hyped up anticipation??? ;; also, all the teasers are going to be compiled into one after i release the last two. so don't panic when you see a bunch of chapters suddenly gone afterwards ;u;

anyways, idk what else to say. work is chewing me up before my birthday and ughhh i just want to type, lovely readers ;o;
( btw. author is dying from government class so yeah. just if you guys want to know what's going on with her. it's also her senior year sooo )

updated: february 02, 2015
“The more I look at this card, the more I think it actually suits you.”

The room is mostly silent, save for the low volume of the television where a videogame is taking place. Kwangsun is lying on his best friend’s bed, the one who owns the aforementioned card, and he doesn’t really say much else until he knows his friend is done with this specific level. He stares at it, wondering how his friend has been doing and why he’s been off for five days from training day in and day out.

When minutes pass by and Kwangsun notices his friend is about to start another level, he reaches out to where he’s sitting up on the floor against his bed, only an arm’s length away, so he can ruffle his hair to get his attention. “Hey, puppy.”

The move makes Suhwan jump the littlest bit, looking over to his friend with wide eyes peeking out from under his bangs and the other’s hand. “Hi, Kwangsun.”

Kwangsun lets out a soft laugh, making Suhwan blush and duck away back to focus in on customizing his character instead. He waves the card around in the air even though he knows the other isn’t looking at him. “I think this card actually suits you despite its title.”

Suhwan looks at him shocked. “Really?”

“Yeah,” the other drawls out, looking back up to the card. “The Strength,” he reads before looking over to the other, “Out of a stack of less than twenty-two, you managed to pick this card.” He watches amusedly as Suhwan quickly looks away from him, unable to keep eye contact with others for long periods of time. “With an older brother like yours, I’m excited to see how strong you’ll grow with this group.”

Suhwan simply nods, going back to his game. He pauses and freezes though when he feels his card being placed on top of his head. He feels his friend try to balance it and then the extra weight is gone. He sits perfectly still, trying to look up to see if he can visualize the actual card.

The man looks adorable, attention span now focused on keeping the card balanced on his head, and it makes Kwangsun laugh. He’s the one who got Suhwan the audition with KB Entertainment in the first place, being the one they scouted but not wanting to become an idol, and he’s glad he pestered them into giving his friend an actual chance. He thinks it’s going to help him develop his life more fully, if possible.

“So, when’s debut?” he eventually asks, watching as the card falls from his friend’s head and he reaches down to pick it up, “You’re actually not training today.”

“Nope,” Suhwan responds back with the shake of the head. He looks at his card fondly, looking like it was just taken out of the package of twenty-two cards, “Halloween next year.”

“Is that so?”

A nod of the head.

Kwangsun hums, reaching up to put his arms underneath his head, as he stares up at the ceiling. “That’s a year from now. Less than a year in fact,” he quietly says, both of them getting lost in their thoughts, “In less than a year, my friend is going to be an official idol, performing on stage doing what he loves.”

Suhwan gives a small, noncommittal hum as a response.

“Do you think Jaehyuk is going to be surprised? He doesn’t really know about your secret life.”

The comment makes Suhwan frown, tracing the edges of his card slowly. His other best friend he’s known since birth should know.

“I bet he’s going to be so proud of you when he sees you standing on that stage though. I can imagine him smiling brightly, completely taken off-guard that his quiet best friend is singing his heart out up there.”

And Suhwan briefly wonders how Kwangsun has the ability to do that. He takes a quick look over at his friend to see him giving him a cheeky smile, and he immediately looks away again to stare at the television screen.

“You’re going to be so strong,” Kwangsun finally mumbles out, slipping off of the bed to join his friend on the floor and play a round with him, “I can already see it. Introducing The Strength of KB Entertainment – Yong Suhwan.”
 
 
 
05 NOVEMBER 2014
THE EIGHTH TEASER
 
co-author's note: the fifth and last chosen applicant! congrats to sidereal and sookhyun! i hope i portrayed him right ;; same with suhwan in the previous teaser. so hopefully it's all looking good ;u;

this concludes the team for night circus! they sound like an interesting bunch so far, right? to let you guys know, the story will start off with night circus pre-debut, then their debut, then we'll see what happens from there ;u;

that's enough of a note for this teaser, go and click next to read the final teaser with the future artists in it!

updated: february 06, 2015
“Mother~ We’re home,” Sookhyun sings out as he enters his house. He takes off his shoes as his elder sister follows him from behind, closing the door and locking it, before moving past him to go drop off her own shopping bags in her old room. Sookhyun smiles as he leaves his bags by the doorway, singing parts of VIXX’s song “Love Letter” – “Lean on me, believe in my love.”

He walks into the kitchen to see his mother already starting to work on dinner, and he smiles even more, continuing to sing to her until he can see her smile. “Thank you for being you.”

He leans around her shoulder, to see her already smiling, and he breaks out into a wide grin. “I’m home, mom.”

“I can see that, sweetie,” she laughs out, putting down her knife to turn and give her son a hug, “How was shopping with your sister?”

“It was fun,” Sookhyun answers back, giving her a kiss on her temple before moving a bit so she can get back to cooking, “How are you today?”

His mother laughs, and he’s glad she looks so happy now. “The same as every day.” She pauses to wash more vegetables. “Now, go wash up and check to see if your other sister is coming home as well.”

“Okay, mom,” Sookhyun sings out, walking out of the kitchen to see his sister standing there with a smile on her face, “Hi, noona.”

“Still singing for her, huh?” Soomi questions quietly, although they both know he will never stop as long as it makes her happy. It’s not even a question with ill intentions behind it, just hidden curiosity.

“It makes her happy,” Sookhyun says with a small smile on his face, “Right?”

Soomi gives a small smile, walking up to him to give her little brother a hug. He has such a good heart; she doesn’t know where her or the rest of their family would be without him. She laughs when Sookhyun tightens his hug on her playfully before leaning away to laugh with her.

“Is Soojin-noona coming for dinner tonight?”

Soomi shrugs as she walks past him to go into the kitchen to help their mother. “That’s what she told me earlier since your one-week vacation is almost up.”

Sookhyun hums in response before moving to grab his bags to bring them into his room. He grabs his cell phone from one of the bags he dropped it in, and his eyes light up when he sees a text message from one of his old friends. He hurries to his room to drop his bags on his desk before finding his friend’s contact number and dialing it. He waits patiently, lying down on his bed and staring up at the ceiling.

This is Ken from VIXX speaking. How may I help you?

“Jaehwan-hyung!” Sookhyun excitedly says, eyes lighting up at hearing his best friend’s voice.

Cookie!

At the mention of his least favored nickname, he whines. “Hey, why do you have to call me that?”

Because you’re warm and gooey like a cookie!

What the hell are you even talking about?” Wonshik’s voice suddenly filters in, and it makes Sookhyun miss being with them at Jellyfish Entertainment.

Anyways,” Jaehwan interrupts, “How has our friend been doing? This is the first time you’ve actually called me back so quickly in a while.”

“I’ve been good,” Sookhyun answers back, smiling towards the ceiling, “Have I told you I liked your new album? It’s so good.”

We haven’t seen you since before that album! But thank you! We worked really hard on it!

“I can tell! You guys are truly awesome,” Sookhyun compliments earnestly before he hears somebody else’s voice filter through the line. He frowns at the voice, trying to pick and figure out who it is. It seems like VIXX actually has a day off today. He’s glad though. They’ve really been working hard the past couple of months.

Who is that, hyung? Is that Sookie?

Sookhyun freezes on his bed, heart rate starting to speed up at the sound of Hongbin’s voice. “Ah,” he mumbles, hearing Jaehwan and Wonshik talking to Hongbin too, “Hyung? I’ve got to go. I think my mom is about to call me.”

Huh?” Jaehwan questions back, confused momentarily, “Oh okay. Tell her we said hi! Okay?

“Of course,” Sookhyun quietly says, small smile coming to his lips when he hears Wonshik shout out his greetings too. And then his heart leaps when he hears Hongbin’s shout too. “I’ll see you guys the next time you’re not busy. Okay?”

Before the New Year!

They laugh for a few minutes, agreeing before they finally hang up. Sookhyun sighs as he turns over on his bed and stuffs his hand underneath his pillow. He feels for his tarot card under it and slowly pulls it out, the edges slightly frayed but still looking pretty new. The Lovers is what’s written on it, and he still doesn’t know why his hand chose this card. It’s embarrassing.
 
 
 
08 NOVEMBER 2014
THE NINTH TEASER
 
co-author's note: the last teaser! shinsuke, kisumi, and soohyun are becoming the new artists if night circus succeeds, but we won't know if they'll be able to until we make it to that part of the story. if you look to the new background page, you can see more information about these three and also see who the managers, vocal, rapping, and dancing coaches are. they all needed to be older than night circus, but they aren't that much older so we'll see where this takes us!

now that everyone is introduced, i'm actually excited to write the first chapter which will most likely be the seven members preparing for their debut song which has been already chosen by the ceos. i think everything will look cool, but until that moment when i put the link up to the video and everything in a future chapter, you won't know whose part is whose until then ;u; ugh, i'm excited!

anyways, this concludes all the introductions and teasers! i've added when each person was scouted, so if you would like to choose a specific month in the year, please let me know? if there are any questions or anything, don't hesitate to ask me either!

updated: february 06, 2015
“I know this studio is technically for our upcoming co-ed group and that it is extremely early in the morning on a Saturday, but I requested all three of you to meet with me before their first practice here so I can inform all of you your future plans.”

The three trainees before him look nervous, standing straight and trying to look at him before flinching away. He realizes too late he probably should’ve had the other CEO inform them of this news, but she’s been too busy the past week to do this.

“First off,” he sighs, looking to the only male of the trio, “Watanabe Shinsuke. You already know of our plans to debut you as a solo artist in the future.” He watches as the boy nods before looking to the woman in the middle. “Hotaru Kisumi. We assume you already know your position. If you decide you don’t want to pursue this chance we are giving you, it is best for you to either quit this dream of becoming a singer or find another company who can accept you.”

Kisumi frowns at the warning, but she understands. She needs to fix her priorities to save her future career as an idol. This will be her second chance at debut, her third time trying to train for it.

“And Lee Soohyun,” the CEO addresses, watching as she nods slightly, “We did consider you to be a member of this co-ed group as well, but given your history, we were naturally worried. I was the one who scouted you in that coffee shop near here, and I truly do expect great things with you under us. You are just now hearing this, but you will debut alongside Kisumi to form a duet. However, it’ll be in 2018 if everything goes according to plan. Hopefully, it’ll give you enough time to mentally and physically prepare yourself by then.”

“Thank you, sir,” Soohyun replies back, taking in the information as she gives him a bow. She really owes him a lot.

The CEO stares at her briefly, before looking towards the other two as well. “Now that we have completed that short briefing, I will tell you why you three are here.” He looks at each of them to see them nod in return. “To prepare yourselves for your future debut, I see no reason in preventing you from using this studio as well. You are welcomed to come in and use one of the spare rooms if the others aren’t using it at that time. Unlike the other trainees where I have given them a specific schedule, you may come and go as you please like with our co-ed group.”

The three trainees look at him surprised, and he lets out a genuine laugh.

“Don’t be so surprised. We’re constantly thinking about our trainees and what would be the best for them and for us. Since we are trying to move away from Jaewon’s studio, we are slowly trying to build up this small place so it’s easier for all of you to train and prepare the best of yourselves for the public.”

“What happens if somebody enters the building and we know they don’t belong here?” Kisumi questions as she looks to Shinsuke who’s subconsciously rubbing his ear, knowing he does that when he’s deep in thought. They have been together since the beginning of their trainee life at KB Entertainment. “Because anybody can enter this building, right?”

The CEO smiles at her as he shakes his head. “We are currently hiring somebody to install locks on all the doors. Those who are trainees will have a specific key needed to enter the building. It isn’t much, but until we have the funds to buy a bigger building, this is what we have to settle on. It’ll take a week though for it to be set up.”

“So,” Soohyun pipes up after a few silent seconds, “What would we each need to focus on?”

“Ah,” the CEO breathes out, clapping his hands once in remembrance, “That’s right.” He looks to each of them before settling his gaze on Shinsuke. “Since you were slated to become our co-ed’s group main rapper and dancer, you would need to focus more on your vocals from now on. Your tentative debut date is for 2017, so you will have around two years to practice on each of those skills.”

He then looks to Kisumi.

“You were to become the main vocalist of our co-ed group, as well as their visual or face. You were actually a great dancer when we first scouted you and you practiced, but since you focused on your vocals, we would need you to go back to working on your dancing in case your duet in the future is going to be performance based.”

Lastly, he looks to Soohyun.

“You are also a vocalist, but you have the ability to rap as well. We need you to strengthen your rapping in the future, already knowing Kisumi can’t rap very well, and to practice dancing in addition to that.”

Soohyun hums at the answers, nodding along to it. “Okay.”

“Also, work on your teamwork, you two,” the CEO manages to get out before he hears extra voices entering the building, “Your future duet won’t be able to work if you two don’t have teamwork.”

“Yes, sir,” they chorus back just as the voices become louder and then stop altogether at seeing them standing there in front of their CEO.

“Shi!” Jiwool exclaims happily, seeing the young man there.

A smile finds its way onto Shinsuke’s face as he turns to give her a small wave.

The CEO laughs at the dumbfounded looks the other trainees are giving them. He claps his hands again as a way to dismiss the abrupt meeting. “Okay, you three. Stay at the back or go into another room if you would like to continue practicing today. The managers and specialists for the company are coming in soon as well. We need to start training these seven for their debut stage in a year.” And they can all swear they hear the evil in his voice and see the mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Let’s start preparing you for the introduction of Night Circus. Hmm?”
 
created by -catalyst