O.5

The Perfect One

Ever since the day Kris touched him, Joonmyun had spent most of his time in his studio. Practicing arts for competition is his reason he gave to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun every time they questioned him but none know the real reason is to avoid Kris.

 

 

Maybe Kyungsoo knew he was avoiding meeting any people around him.

 

 

‘The competition is move on the same day as basketball competition’ is what Kyungsoo told him after he went to office. Worst part of it, the competition will be the same day for basketball competition. Worst part. He told it to himself by telling he can endure it. He is the master of ignoring people like his brother always told him.

 

 

-.-

 

 

Kyungsoo scanned the classroom next to his. Grinning when he saw Jongdae was sleeping, he can’t help but to pull his neighbor’s hair to wake him up. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as Jongdae whined with his hair, messy like Anna in the morning. He cursed when he realized he didn’t bring his hair jell today to fix his hair and he started to curse loudly when Kyungsoo demanded to accompany him to the student council room because Kyungsoo had to submit the report for their previous meeting.

 

 

“Why didn’t you ask someone else to go with you?” Jongdae pressed his lips together as he raised his eyebrows, mirroring Jongin’s expression when Jongdae and Kyungsoo bumped with Jongin and Sehun in front the student council room.

 

 

Jongin greet Kyungsoo as their eyes met. The little male blushed when Jongin greet him and asking him why he was here. But their conversation stopped abruptly when a loud pitch screams echoing inside of the room. Sehun raised his eyebrows because he knew the owner of the voice is someone who he look up and adore, Luhan.

 

 

Sehun immediately swung the door open and frowned when he saw Luhan was chasing Yixing. The four of them stared at the two people inside as they running around the room like children chasing each other. And Jongdae’s eyes landed on Yixing tight grip as he noticed the pink scramble letters.

 

 

“What is tha—

 

 

Jongdae words cut off when Yixing slammed his body with him, causing both of them fell on the floor. Jongdae cursed for the third time today as his head slammed on the floor and he lifted his hands to rub his ache head. He curled his body like a shrimp when he accidentally scratched the ache part with his pointy nails, ignoring the other guy as he sat up and looking at him. Yixing leaned towards him as he patted Jongdae’s back.

 

 

“Chill, dude”

 

 

Luhan immediately headed towards Yixing and snatched the letters from his junior. Yixing whined as he stood up and gave his hands to help Jongdae up. “Is that the letters I gave to you?” Sehun blurted out as he saw Luhan hid it inside his pocket.

 

 

All the eyes were on Sehun before their eyes shifted to the other person, both were flushed and hiding their face from each other. Luhan quickly entered the room back to continue his work back and received a confuse look from Kyungsoo and Jongin.

 

 

-.-

 


The classes ended smoothly today, Kris thought as he grabbed his bag and went out to the hallway. Maybe to him, he grinned when he looked at his mate, Chanyeol was pouting at him because they had math exam just now and the other male get below than 40%. Well it’s his fault for not doing revision, also because he always copied Luhan’s work.

 

 

Haha, serve him right.

 

 

Without him realizing, he walked towards the empty studio art, Kris stared at the empty room and looked at the art hanging on the wall. ‘I wish I can draw like this’ he chuckled when he remember how disaster his arts is and kept reminding not to draw anything. He walked towards another room and paused as he heard the smooth melody when he approached the open door. He sneak a peek at the room and stared at the small figure who is drawing something on his canvas.

 

 

Kris sneaked into the room as Joonmyun turned to the opposite side of the entrance and walked into his storage room. The latter quickly stormed to the back and hid behind the large cardboard placing against the wall. Kris stared as Joonmyun returned to his spot, taking the brush that he put on the palette before carefully painting the canvas.

 

 

He started by using light blue color on the drawing he drew before he added the darker blue to create the shadow. Kris was astonished to watch how Joonmyun looks so professional when he mixed the color without making any mistakes like he will do if he tried to paint. The result was better than his expected, the blue colour he had been staring at had form a beautiful sea with lots of sparkle like stars in the sky and Kris really like it.

 

 

Kris quietly approached the little male who was placing his palette on the sink and he took the pail that filled with dirty water to bring it to the sink. Kris took the chance to scan the drawing, lightly touching the wet paint before he crossed his arms over his chest and smiled brightly to the drawing.

 

“You’re so talented, Joonmyun-shii”

 

 

Joonmyun screamed when he heard the compliment and he accidentally threw the pail at Kris. Splashing him with the dirty water. “Yeah~ I’m celebrating again” Kris mocked as he wiped his wet hair. Joonmyun gasped as he took the pail on the floor before he went to take the towel he hung on the windows.

 

 

“Here” Joonmyun spoke to him as he wiped Kris’s face.

 

 

The latter stared as Joonmyun gently wiped his cheeks and down through his neck. He smirked at Joonmyun pouty lips as he kept apologizing to Kris whenever he dried Kris with the towel. Kris’s gaze secretly lowered down to Joonmyun’s slender body as the white shirt stretched to hug Joonmyun’s body as he lifted his hands and Kris smirked as he stared further down until he stopped at Joonmyun’s slim legs.

 

 

Kris noticed the little male had tiptoed his feet as he wrapped the towel around Kris hair. He smiled as Joonmyun carefully ruffled his hair although his hair didn’t wet as much as his shirt. So, the latter lower his head to Joonmyun’s level to make the thing easier for Joonmyun.

 

 

“You’re so sweet” Kris’s fingers trailed around Joonmyun’s wrist as he looked at Joonmyun and he brought Joonmyun’s hand to his lips when the little male looked at his face.

 

 

“JOONMYUN!!!!”

 

 

Baekhyun stormed into the room causing both Kris and Joonmyun blackened from each other. Joonmyun lowered his head from Kris as Baekhyun glared to Kris when the latter gave him a cheerful smile.

 

 

“What are you doing here? Mister model?”

 

 

Kris raised his eyebrows to the nickname he heard from the little guy who walked towards them. Kris had given Baekhyun his face as he leaned towards Joonmyun to pull the other male away from Kris. “My name is Kris” he bit his lips when he shook his hand with Baekhyun.

 

 

“Baekhyun” he said as he released his hand from Kris to hug Joonmyun “Hyung! Can you follow me for a while? Please~~~? Chanyeol can’t accompany me to the mall today and I need to buy stuff for my musical sketch”

 

 

Baekhyun released Joonmyun nodded at the little male before he turned to look at Kris. Baekhyun bit his lips and waved his hands in front Joonmyun to gain attention before showing him the checklist “But… I don’t think we can bring all the stuff you want” the older male told him as he took the checklist from Baekhyun’s grasp.

 

 

“Can I follow you guys?” Kris blurted out his question without he realized and he covered his mouth when Joonmyun avoided from looking at him and stared at Baekhyun while hoping Baekhyun to ignore Kris.

 

 

But Baekhyun didn’t help him much.

 

 

“Yes! You can!!!” Baekhyun smiled widely as he hugged Kris and grasped Kris’s and Joonmyun’s wrist to pull them from there.

 

 

-.-

 

 

The trio went to the nearest gift shop which located to the opposite side of the street and they had to cross the street road before Baekhyun realized he forgot to bring the money with him and he excused to the school back. Kris and Joonmyun didn’t bother to make conversation when Baekhyun left them because Joonmyun noticed the look that people gave to him when Kris offered his left earphone. The little male politely refused and he stared at the hanging earphone as he heard people whispered every time they passed through him.

 

 

He clutched his hands tightly on the bag he hug before he looked at the gate, noticing his brother was looking at him. Joonmyun tried his best not to frown with his brother’s disapprove face, knowing how his brother hates people wasting their times after school without going to tuition or doing revision.

 

 

A large hand pats on his shoulder brought him back to the world he had been escaping, he looked blankly at the taller male in front him before he realized he was frowning and probably trembling. “Are you okay?” Kris’s tone was deep and low for Joonmyun to process and he had to look at the taller male when Kris smiled and gave his shoulder a gently squeeze. “You look scared… is there something bothering you?”

 

 

Joonmyun shook his head. “Are you sick?” the little male shook his head again.

 

 

Kris smiled a little when he dropped his hand to his side. He turned his head to see whether Baekhyun is there. “HYUNG!” Baekhyun waved at Kris when the taller male spotted him with another male who was glaring at him.

 

 

“I hate you” Chanyeol tried to kick Kris but the other quickly dodged the attack.

 

 

“Why?” Kris raised his eyebrows as he playfully punched Chanyeol’s shoulder and pushed him away. “You blame me for not studying?” Chanyeol scowled at him and he turned to look at Baekhyun.

 

 

“Why did you ask this moron to be with you?” Kris gave him a death glare when he heard the ‘moron’ was directly to him.

 

 

“Because someone is so lazy to study for their exam”

 

 

Kris immediately roared into laughter. Wiping the tears at the corner of his eyes, he grinned at Baekhyun and how he love Baekhyun’s response for that large teddy “Take that!”

 

 

—.-

 


Luckily they didn’t ended up getting kickoff from the store because Baekhyun and Chanyeol were quarrel about the stuff he need to buy. Kris ignored them by walking around the store and stopped at the red shape dragon on the rack next to the counter. He ignored the cashier when he realized she was stared at him. Kris smiled at her before he turned his body to check for Chanyeol who followed Baekhyun while carrying the basket fills with things he listed. He watched how his mate stared at the little male when Baekhyun crossed the words he had written.

 

 

Kris turned to look at the opposite side of the shop when he noticed Joonmyun walked quietly towards the plushies. He smiled as he followed Joonmyun walked to the other rack although Joonmyun didn’t realize him because he was glancing over the keychain. Joonmyun took one that shape like water to try it with his phone as he pulled it out and testing the keychain.

 

 

“Do you like it?”

 

 

Joonmyun shook his head as he turned to look at Kris when the taller male took the dolphin shape keychain. Joonmyun kept the keychain in his hand back on the rack as he stared at the blue dolphin with a round shaped like water around it. The water has the same blue color he used for painting previously and blue is his favorite paint colour.

 

 

“I think this suit you”

 

 

 

Kris’s hand trailed down on Joonmyun’s phone as he took the phone from the other male and he opened up the cover before he gave it to the little male to hold it for him.

 

 

 

“Is it nice?” Kris asked when he returned the phone at Joonmyun. The little male stared at the keychain before he smiled and nodded at Kris.

 

 

 

“Yes, it’s so pretty and nice but I can’t buy this” Joonmyun looked at Kris “I spend my money for art stuff you know” Joonmyun shrugged his shoulder as he took the keychain and placed it back on the rack.

 

 

Kris grinned when he took the keychain and went to the cashier. Joonmyun stormed to the cashier as Kris grabbed his wallet and paid for the keychain. He tried to stop the latter from paying but he was slower as Kris took the keychain and placed it on Joonmyun’s palm.

 

 

 

“For you”

 

 

Joonmyun frowned at Kris as he stared the keychain and giving it back to the taller male but Kris didn’t accept it. He put his hands into his pocket as he whistled and walked to the entrance. Joonmyun groaned at Kris before he grabbed Kris’s arm to stop him from going out from the shop.

 

“Hey! I don’t want this!” He shouted as Kris smiled at him. He turned to look at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, they are staring at them while furrowing their eyebrows due to the chaos he created. “Hey…” Joonmyun stepped in front Kris and stared at the taller male when he looked at him.

 

 

“Look, I really appreciate this but I can’t accept it, I don’t like to burden people. I don’t want you to waste your money on something you will not use and if I want to buy something, I can use my money”

 

 

Kris hummed as Joonmyun pouted at him, rising his hands to force the latter to take the keychain back. Instead, Kris crossed his arms over his chest and tapped his foot, looking away for a while before looking back at Joonmyun.

 

 

“Take it as present” Joonmyun blinked at Kris as Kris spoke to him and he furrowed his eyebrows as he disagreed.

 

 

“Take it as a symbol of our friendship. If you take it, I’m going to consider you as my friend and going to treat you nicely and maybe politely” Kris gave him his smug smile as Joonmyun stared at him blankly.

 

 

“If you ever return it to me, I’m going to make sure your life will be miserable” Kris smiled as he ruffled Joonmyun’s hair and he turned to greet Chanyeol as the other male pushed him away from Joonmyun. The little male gulped as he clenched the keychain and caught Kris’s eyes on him.

 

 

 

“Take care, Joonmyun” Kris smiled.

 

 

~TBC~

 

Author's note: 

Ahahaha I'm so cruel~ I didn't know I will turn this story into something meaner //mianhae// But it ain't fun if the story line is like sweet and fluff~ so I'm showing Kris's dark side and ONLY Joonmyun knows this Chanyeol too and don't worry about it, Kris will be the dragon he always be //smiles//

and another information, I'm going to be updating this maybe one a week or one two weeks (?) I don't know what I'm talking about now because I'm going to Uni now, Yes! I love studying //mega-nerd//

 

WAIT! I FORGET ABOUT MAIN IMAGE!