O.1

The Perfect One

Does falling in love can lead to happiness? Does it required a person to love us back? Can they accept our perfect and imperfection? Can we find our perfect one? What will we lose to find the perfect one?

 

Joonmyun was an average little boy when the questions started to fill his little minds and he was curious about love story at his age. He was not like any ordinary children who love toys and wanting to buy toys. He was the type to buy books whenever he follows his mother to the mall and he really love listen to his mother bedtime story. Sometimes, he will listen to beauty and the beast, or his mother will told him about the little mermaid, but most of the time he will asked his mother to tell about rapunzel and questioned how the girl in the story have blonde hair, why does she live in a tall building without anyone there or how the guy found her.

 

His mother will smiled at him and patted his back while answering to the question one by one and it boost his wonder to know the meaning of love and what love can do to the person before he realized he was becoming a victim of love seeker. He also has a brother who he lookups and loves although his brother likes to tease and bully him a lot. He was forced to do their daily chores although his mother had give it equally.

 

He was nine years old when he found his brother old shirt wore in the store. The shirt was baggy and pink in colour with black polka dots plus the shirt was bigger than his body that ends above his knees. He was happy that makes him to run all around the house, showing his mother the shirt and wanting his brother to compliment him as he found his brother at the back of their house with his friends. Instead of getting compliment, he got tease by them.

 

He went into the house, crying and clinging to his mother because he was upset. His brother had told him that he look like a girl and it was weird for a guy to be in girly shape but his mother only smiled as she brushed Joonmyun’s soft hair.

 

"it’s okay my love, you are the lovely joonmyun, kim joonmyun that everyone love. Never let people affect your heart."

 

 

Kim Joonmyun was standing in front the mirror, smiling at his reflection.

 

He was 13 years old, fixing his necktie. He stared at his uniform for awhile before he brushes the dust on his collar. He glad he grew up to be a charming boy although he was short, he quickly swept away the thought of it. His eyes were big and round, his lips were thin and pink in colour like he was wearing a lipsbam. He had the dark brunette hair which perfect to his porcelain face and he look like a prince.

 

He entered the highschool for the first time with his hands wrapped around his brother arm. Afraid with the judging eyes ghosting all over him, he knew they were comparing him with his brother who grew up differently from him. His brother grew up to be the most important senior in the school or suit to his tittle ‘Korean Einstein’. He was clever, kind, athletic, smart and tall.

 

Yes, his brother is taller than him. Joonmyun take it seriously when it comes to height.

 

Unlike his brother, Joonmyun likes art, sing, and literature which different from his brother. He enjoyed doing arts, he loves to sing and he feels fun writing lots of short story. He don’t do sports as much as his brother, he don’t enjoyed watching people chasing ball, he don’t think getting burn in the sun is a good thing. So, he’s ended up staying in the class with his fellow friends.

 

There was one day, Joonmyun catched a shy looks from a girl next class but he didn’t bother to approach the girl or getting to know her. Maybe because he was afraid the girl only wanted to know him because of his brother or gave a love letter to his brother but it turned out to be true about giving love letter to his brother.

 

So, he made a rule for the rest of that year to stay away from people.

 

 

The year after were better as he expected.

 

Joonmyun first getting acknowledgement by the rest of the school was when he went to the stage and wishing people happy new year with a big smile flashing on his lips. After that day, he always received love letters from the girls and he accepted it to avoid from hurting their feelings but his eyes only lands on the girl in his class. 

 

The girl was different from other girls he hadado seen. She was quiet and talked only she wants to and he thought it suit him. He was a talkative and helpful person in the class, he likes to help his friends, his teachers and he don’t mind lending people his stuff. 

 

When it comes to his crush, he will keep distance from her or back way if the others come too close to him although she only went to grab her stuff at the wardrobe.

 

 

"you should make the first move, Joonmyun"

 

Joonmyun glanced to his buddy, Kyungsoo, the first person who greet him without mentioning his brother named. He remembered how he get into the wrong chemistry lab because he was confused with the building and Kyungsoo was happened to be there.

 

"it’s okay, you can follow me" his warm smile appeared at his face as they walked together to their lab.

 

"but… but… I don’t think she is interest in me, she don’t bother to greet me or say ‘hey! You’re kim Joonmyun that awesome senior is your brother right? You’re his lil brother, right? Please tell him, I love him’…. She doesn’t like other girls, Kyungsoo"

 

Joonmyun received a loud groan from the other male as he brought his hands to Joonmyun’s head and touches their forehead together. The brunette pouted at his friend when he looked to Kyungsoo’s eyes (his death glare).

 

"man up kim Joonmyun, you are going to confess or you will lose her"

 

 

Kyungsoo was right, he should be confessing it earlier.

 

Joonmyun was at the back of their school after the class ended. He boost up his courage to meet the girl there. Although she only nodded when he approached her, Joonmyun was happy to talk to her.

 

But everything was different from the way he imagine it. The love scene he usually imagine was getting confess to the person they love and immediately getting accept by the crush. She arrived at the back of the school 15 mins after with a poker face. Joonmyun smiled at her as he confess to her.

 

"I’m sorry." she blurted out after hearing his confession "I don’t find a person like you suit to my taste. You’re too small and pretty to be my boyfriend"

 

 

Joonmyun sat on his bed as he switched on his laptop, he placed the laptop on his bed as he pulled his comforter over him and covered his small body. He clicked mydocuments and opened up the movie’s folder before he choose to open the rapunzel.

 

He watched the movie as they sang and teased with each others. His vision becomes blurry as he felt his warm tears trailed down his cold cheeks. He sobbed quietly as he hid his face with the comforter and blaming his appearance that make him looks pretty.

 

In a moment you shattered every hope I had of us being together again and the sad part is that you don't even realise. 

- Kim Joonmyun. Today.

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

Author's note: 

Hello again, I'm really happy for the subscibers although I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't do that, I was like forcing people to like my story and omg I'm sorry. I'm done for this part and happily accept this lovely Dyomyeon request. There will be kaisoo here and should I tag them too? I'm sorry, I'm sorry ;A;

I know my english is the worst and please, feel free to comment about my english, I love learning ;A;