Strolling in Seoul

-Bonds of us-

Kailey

"We're here," I sighed, feeling tired and excited to be in a new place at the same time. "It's not as bad as I thought it would be," Kris said and dropped our belongings onto the floor, it's obvious that both of us are exhausted. With my tired legs, I still decided to have a tour around the hostel, it looked pretty modern to me. They're more of my style, modern, black and white furnitures. I smiled instantly at the sight of the scenery outside the window, I stood in front of the window and observed every tiny block of Seoul City from the hostel.

"This place suits you doesn't it?" Suddenly his voice came from the back, I turned around and he was standing behind me, smiling at the scenery as well. It's beautiful. "It does....surprisingly. It just looks like those busy stalls we have back then in China, I miss those so much," I replied with a small satisfied laugh. "I missed those too," Kris said as he pointed at the toy vending machine on the sidewalk. It was small from the view here, seeing kids queuing up to play the vending machine. 

We used to have those toy vending machine at the sidewalks in China, both of us would always run to the vending machine once we saw them, smiling delightfully, pleading our parents to insert a coin for us to play. Those memories were all made in China. I would say we haven't really made a good memory in Canada as a family. When we moved to Canada, we had more fights, anti-socializing, ignoring one another. Which was depressing.

I smiled while replaying all those memories of bonding together as a family, right now, it's only up to both of us. "Dude, are you alright?" Kris suddenly pushed my arm, I came back to my senses and shook my head. Both of us were hungry so we decided to take a stroll around the city, meanwhile searching for lunch. The kids were so cute that I squealed every moment I see kids around while Kris would just roll his eyes at me. 

We went around the food stalls instead of a restaurant, we bought deokbokki (Traditional Korean spicy rice cake), spring onion pancakes and a lot more of Korean food. We sat down at a bench and started to dig in for lunch, first time experiencing korean food was actually not that bad, both of us enjoyed it. We stroll around the cities and stalls until it's starting to get dark, the moon was already bright while the stars around it were sparkling and shining, it made the moon more beautiful in sight.

It was none other than our sister and brother bond. We spent great times together even though it's only the first day we arrived here, I felt better rather than staying in Canada, it feels like I'm living in a prison back there. I had hard times trying to communicate with the Koreans, it turned out that I had to fake an Asian accent while talking in English to them. It actually worked better for them, they understand it more in that way. 

We went back to our hostel when it's late, late enough that the streets were getting quiet. Most of the stalls were closed too. We were yawning the whole time on the way back. Both of us didn't even bother to check the schedule for tomorrow's lesson. We just threw aside the things we bought and went to bed. So freaking tired and lazy to even care. The moment by body sank into the mattress, I fell asleep instantly by the soft and comfortable sensation.