Seoul, Korea

-Bonds of us-

Kailey 

I had a luggage on my hand and on the other hand, it was trembling, shaking in worries and fears. What should I do in Korea? We know nothing about them, nothing about their culture, and I swear we're gonna get screwed. Both of us took a cab to the airport, I felt Kris kept on staring at me, but I looked back at him, he wasn't. I guess I was just nervous about everything. I took out my phone and tried to calm myself by scrolling down the news feed, checking for updates. I swear I was bored on the cab.

"Are we almost there?" I kept on asking him every five minutes. But instead of an answer from Kris, the driver always answered the same thing, "Just chill, lad. We'll be there soon,". Like hello? I wasn't talking to you. I'm talking to my brother. "Are we almost there? And Mr, just shut up," I said, Kris laughed silently. "Don't worry. We'll be there soon, just a few more minutes," He comforted with a warm smile, placing his palm on top of my hand and caressed my hand with his thumb. 

I waited as he said, waited and waited. But a few minutes to me seemed long, I checked the time on my phone and sighed worriedly. The flight to Seoul is 11 hours, I'm going to get ing bored on the plane, sleeping on plane is too mainstream, it kind of annoys me when passengers sleep on the plane, it's because of their loud snores. But I hope there's good movie on the plane, because it pisses me off when they only have r-rated movies. It's inappropriate for the damn whole passengers.  

-After 11 hours-

"I can't freaking hear you, speak louder. The pressure in my ears are killing me," I raised my voice at Kris. The 11 hours flight was actually shorter than I expected to, which was not a good thing. I'd rather stay on the plane longer. "I said, luckily the sign boards have English," He raised his voice higher than before. I nodded and continued to walk to get our luggage. We were lucky enough, when he arrived to take our luggage, it's already on the baggage belt. Thank Jesus. 

We went on a cab instead of taking the train, I don't know why but I believe we chose a ing wrong decision. We thought it wouldn't be that much noisy on the cab so yeah, we chose it. But we didn't thought about how to communicate with the driver. We never thought about it. By the moment I entered the cab, the driver greeted in Korean, that's when both of us exchange glances and I gulped. Dang it. 

"Annyeong hasaeyo," The driver greeted. "H-Hello..." I greeted back in English, it was weird, he talked to me in Korean and I talked to him in English. It's like we understand each other but replied each other with different language. While Kris was just enjoying the awkward scene. He laughed silently at our conversations that I had to pinch his s hardly even though we're in the cab. "Ouch," Kris smacked my thigh in return, making me glare at him sternly as he just sat back and kept quiet.

"Please take us to Seoul," I told the driver, he frowned at first but after I handed him a paper with the address I wanted to go, he nodded. I sighed with relief, if he doesn't understand the address, we'll most probably end up in a forest if he doesn't know what Seoul is. "I'm nervous...are we even staying together in a hostel? Or individually? Like each of the hostel can only live one person? Or do we have other roommates?" I messed up my hair in confusion. What would I do if we live separately? I hate living alone, it's bored, lonely and no one I can talk to. Especially when I'm going to separate from the closest person in my life, Kris. 

"Dude calm down. We're going to know when we get there," Kris replied, sounding annoyed by my nervousness. Like how can I not be? We don't even have friends. We can't even speak Korean, how should we know how to communicate? We can't even make friends at all. The only friends we could have is each other. And that . 

-Seoul, Younghoon University- 

"I bet your hands are sweating," He teased, as I just glared at him. "Let's go check if we still have hostels," I said. Both of us walked in into the hostel's lobby, it looked like a hotel to me more. There's some counters, coffee table and couches. At least those furniture kind of calmed me down. At least. "Next please," Surprisingly the woman at the counter speaks English, but it sounded weird. "Hello. Is there anymore hostels?" I asked as she just smiled and nodded. Um, woman, speak. 

"One room, two students. One room, three hundred dol-la," She replied, woah, that Asian accent though. "Erm okay...I'll take one room please. Here's the money," I handed her three hundred dollars as she gave me the room keys. "Thank you," I thanked her and approached Kris directly, excitedly though. Glad that we get to live together. 

But what's going to happen next, I don't know. The future, I absolutely have no idea. But I may as well just look forward to it. No matter how bad it's going to take.