Idiotic sweetie pie

-Bonds of us-

Kailey 
"Kris...what are you doing?" I asked my one and only older brother, Kris. "Non of your business," He answered as I just sighed. Being his younger sister is difficult. Our is only two years of difference but in fact, we can't get along well like the rest of the siblings do. Usually siblings mature, and won't argue anymore, but it's so different in us, the only reason I'm thinking is that he's naturally cold. As in character and personality. We both communicate in English with Canadian accent. Both of us don't really like to speak in Chinese that much, but only when talking to our pathetic parents. 

To make it simple for you to understand, I'm living in Vancouver, Canada. I'm half Chinese and half Canadian. I was born in China but moved to Canada when I was 8, Kris was 10 by that time, our father needs to work here so all of us moved along with him. We are both studying in the same school since we moved here, the same high school. Our high school is only up to 10th grade, after that, it's college.

Both of us are graduated out of high school, now he's 18 and I'm 16. It's the holidays and I have nothing to do at all. Kris is lucky, he has those cool manly friends which he always hangs out with until late night so he doesn't have to listen to mum and dad's nagging. Urgh, lucky . "Hey, I'm going out, see you later," He said as he grabbed his phone, wallet and car keys, and yes, he can drive, he had his license two years ago. Canadians can drive at the age of 16 though. I can drive too, I just got my license so don't look down on me. 

"Erm yeah. Okay. Take care, buy me some mints if you have time," I answered while I scrolled down the news feed on my phone. "Whatever. Tell mum and dad that I'm going out," He raised his voice when the bedroom door shut behind him. "Okay!" I replied. "Now it's only me by myself again," I sighed and went to my phone contacts, searching who to text. "Hmm...it's been such a long time since I texted Mikayla," I thought to myself. I clicked on her contact number and started to text.

Me: Hey Kaylaa. How you doing? Is everything fine? It's holidays and I can't see you anymore. :( How about going on a hang out some time?
Mikaylaa<3 (Her name in my phone): Heyy Kaiileyy! I'm fine :) Thanks for worrying about me anyway. I miss you so badly girl. I'm not sure if I could go on a hang out with you. :( 
Me: Aww too bad. If you can, just text me. ;) 
Mikaylaa<3 : Alright, I'll text you. Byeeee. :* 
Me: Buhbyee. :)

"Our chat did not even last for five ing minutes," I cursed. Our holidays last for about two months after our graduation, since then, nothing really much happened in life, we only seem to see mum and dad during night time. We sleep like damn pigs until noon and they're already off to work by the early morning. This afternoon I'm all by myself. Mum and dad are at work. Kris had gone out with his friends. 

My phone suddenly rang, my ringtone is obviously something more awesome than your , I mean, of course, it's better than my too. Not kidding. My ringtone is Maroon 5's top song, Map. I purposely set it as my ringtone so I could listen to my most favorite part of it and answer the phone call when the song is about to end. "Jesus, now who is calling?" I groaned and sat up. 

I saw the ID caller and it was mum. What is she calling me for at this time? Isn't she suppose to work? But at least she let me enjoyed the song.

Me: Hello?
Mum: 你到底在做什么啊?那么久才接我的电话。(What are you seriously doing? It took you so long to answer my phone call.)
Me: Mum. You know I hate speaking Chinese. Can't you just speak English to me? We are living in Canada. Not China. 
Mum: 你别吵!我们出生在中国,要多说华文好不好?(Shut up! We were born in China, we need to speak more Chinese okay?)
Me: I'm not speaking Chinese to you over the phone. You know my Chinese . It's been years since I moved from China. I'm like speaking Chinese with a Canadian accent. 
Mum: You're just hopeless. Okay, tell your brother to make sure he's at home tonight, we are going to have a serious talk together with your dad. 
Me: Kris is out with his friends. And serious talk? What is it about again?
Mum: It's about you and your brother's education.
Me: Education? 
Mum: Mhmm. I'm hanging the phone now. See you tonight. Make yourself some dinner. Take care, baby.
Me: Yeah. You too, take care mum.

I hung up and texted Kris about the serious-talk-thingy that mum said over the phone awhile ago. The most unexpected reply from him, a yes. 

Bro<3 (His name in my phone): Yeah, sure. Whatever is the serious-talk-thingy about. I bought your mints. I'm coming back now. 
Me: That's so unexpected of you tho. :/ But yeah, thanks. Drive safe. See you :* 
Bro<3: What? You don't want me to come back? ;) 
Me: Dude. Come back now before mum rages. >:( 
Bro<3: Haha alright. Coming back. 

I smiled and placed down my phone. Since when had he become such a idiotic sweetie pie? Sometimes in life, you just need to expect the unexpected.