Chapter 15

Husbands With Benefits

So, guys, the story's over with this chapter! YAY! Thanks to all of you guys who read, commented, subscribed, and just plain waited even though I'm a terrible person who joked about getting them divorced and killing them off. LOL, I love you guys. So, if you have the time, please go back to the author's note when you can, because I'll be readjusting the suggestions for my next piece! I'll see you all then, and if you want an Epilogue for this story, let me know!


 

Jinki woke up to the familiar sensation of having Jonghyun's fingers sift through his hair. At first, he told himself he was hallucinating because there was no way Jonghyun came all the way to Jinki's parents' home to get him back, so he just buried his head deeper into his oddly hard pillow and groaned, covering his hair with his hands.

"I can't believe I'm imagining him again." he muttered to himself as he sleepily pulled himself up to a sitting position and slowly peeled his eyes open to see what was actually going on. When his eyes opened and met Jonghyun's gaze immediately, Jinki's eyes widened and he opened and closed his eyes repeatedly, "This is the most real hallucination I've ever had of him, that's for sure."

His "hallucination" Jonghyun seemed to be amused by his antics as he crossed his arms over his chest and waited for Jinki to realize that, uh, he was real?

Hesitantly, Jinki reached out his hand, and Jonghyun couldn't do anything but stare at the hand as he wondered what the elder would do. Jonghyun was aching for his touch as desperately as Jinki was desperate to touch him, but Jinki was still convinced it was all a lie and that he'd wake up again and Jonghyun wouldn't be there. Slowly, Jinki pressed his hand against Jonghyun's cheek just to see if he was real, but he didn't expect for Jonghyun to lean into his touch instantly with their gazes still locked on each other.

"I'm dreaming, aren't I?" Jinki asked the male, feeling the tears building up in his eyes as he waited for an answer. Jonghyun didn't answer, but instead leaned up to kiss the skin under Jinki's eye gently as if to kiss the tear away. That was all it took for Jinki to realize that no, he wasn't dreaming, and yes, the love of his life was right in front of him. Just as Jonghyun was starting to pull back, Jinki cupped his face and kissed him like there was no tomorrow, ignoring the fact that they had both just woken up.

Jonghyun was the first to pull back, though it wasn't because he was angry or anything. He'd spent over a year away from his Jinki, and he wanted to take in all that was his husband because he refused to ever let him slip away again. His gaze caught Jinki off guard and the elder looked away with his cheeks tinted pink, but Jonghyun was still busy making sure everything about Jinki had stayed the same.

Of course nothing really changed other than the face that Jinki lost weight, but even that caused a frown to form on Jonghyun's lips, "You've become too thin."

In response, Jinki smiled and kissed the tip of the younger's nose, "Look who's talking! I almost thought I was going to break you in half last night."

No, they didn't make love the night before, but when they had been holding each other and crying, Jinki felt the frame of his lover and that itself caused him to cry harder. Just hearing the retort caused for Jonghyun's frown to lift partially into a smirk.

"You're hilarious, Jinx." Jonghyun playfully pushed the elder off of him and stood up to leave the room, yet he didn't move a muscle until he was sure Jinki was up and holding his hand.

"I knew I should have become a comedian!" Jinki joked back just as playfully as they started for the door, yet when reality hit him, he pulled his hand away from Jonghyun so quickly that the younger almost lost balance.

The younger turned back to him and his eyes filled with tears again as he took a step toward the elder, who in turn took a step back. The younger was beginning to lose patience in him, and Jinki hated that he was doing this to the younger, but there was a reason as to why they were separated in the first place, and they couldn't ignore that. He ended up bumping the back of his legs against the bed because of how clumsy he was, and Jonghyun had taken advantage of it by pushing the elder down and then, Jinki was pinned to the bed.

"Why? Why does it feel like you're already thinking about leaving again?" Jonghyun's lips turned into a full on scowl now as he narrowed his eyes at the elder, though tears were falling from his face onto the elder's skin, "You said you love me, but why are you so stuck on being away from me?"

"You know why." Jinki choked out, though his gaze wouldn't leave the younger's face because oh, Jonghyun was just so beautiful and he didn't ever want to part from that male again, no matter how selfish it was to think that way.

Jonghyun ignored his words and instead was kissing along Jinki's jaw. The elder missed such affection, since they'd only ever did it once when they were drunk, but he didn't want them to do this again when everything was a mess, and Jonghyun knew that. He didn't stop, though, and chose to instead move his lips down so that he was instead kissing under the elder's chin and down his smooth neck. Jonghyun wouldn't loosen his grips on Jinki's wrists, either, so the elder was definitely not going to get away any time soon.

"Please stop." Jinki moaned out, because he wanted to feel more of it, but not when they were fighting.

So, with a sigh of resignation, Jonghyun pulled himself away and out of the room so fast that Jinki didn't know what to think, even when the door slammed behind the younger male. He chose to stay in bed for the next few hours simply because he needed to calm himself down and somehow stop crying, but he wasn't able to because Kibum slammed the door open and punched Jinki right in the face.

"You idiot!" Kibum was suddenly being pulled back by Woohyun, who looked a little sympathetic towards Jinki and the side of his face that was sure to swell, "How can you let him go again like that?! Are you out of your mind?"

Jinki wanted to shout back and say that no, he wasn't out of his mind, he was just scared, but he was cut off before he could even try.

"Jonghyun went to the company president." Taemin said from the doorway, and Jinki felt the blood leave his face, "He begged the preident to let him be with you again, for hours."

The elder stopped crying so fast that he wondered if he even had anymore tears to shed anyway.

"Go find him, please." Kibum sighed before sitting down next to the elder and rubbing his back. The other three stood there silently as he did so, "Stop making yourself miserable and go find him."

With a slow and determined nod, Jinki got up and grabbed his jacket, forgetting that he hadn't even brushed his teeth or even his hair, "I'll find him."

"You two are perfect for each other." Minho chuckled in disbelief, and though Jinki shot him a look of confusion, he had other things to worry about and ran down the stairs and out of the house to look for his husband.

He ran for what felt like hours to find the guy, yet Jonghyun was nowhere to be seen and fear built up in Jinki's heart because what if Jonghyun left him for good before he could try and fix what he had broken? He didn't know where the younger could be, so he just ran down every block until a sudden thought filled his head and he changed course to the beach. It was a long shot, definitely, but Jinki was willing to try anything as long as he was able to find his Jonghyun in the end.

He saw Jonghyun's frame immediately, but he was so exhausted from the run that he bent over with his hands on his knees just to catch his breath before he could run and tackle the guy down. He looked up at Jonghyun as he worked to calm himself down, and smiled despite himself because Jonghyun was so beautiful that Jinki had a hard time breathing- oh, maybe that was just his exhaustion from running. The younger was standing by the shore with his hands tucked deeply into his pants pockets, and his hair swayed behind him in the gentle breeze.

Jonghyun didn't notice the elder behind him, or he was ignoring the elder, but that's exactly what Jinki deserved after all the wrong he'd done to the male before him. Slowly, Jinki stood back up and started walking to the younger again, who finally turned around and gaped at the elder because he obviously didn't expect Jinki to be looking for him again so soon. They stood apart from each other by mere inches, with neither of them looking away, and neither of them uttering a word.

It was as if just being there with each other and looking into each other's eyes was enough of an apology for both of them, though Jinki had no idea what Jonghyun was apologizing for. Jonghyun's eyes were glued to the side of Jinki's face where the elder had been justly punished by Kibum, though Jonghyun only frowned at it.

"I deserved it." Jinki told him, and Jonghyun's eyes snapped up to the elder quickly. The younger didn't believe him, obviously, but he didn't say anything about it. Instead, he leaned up and gingerly brushed his fingers against the bruised skin on Jinki's face. The elder turned his head to kiss Jonghyun's fingers before his hand caught Jonghyun's, "They told me you went to the president."

Jonghyun looked up at him in surprise before he adjusted their hands into it's natural intertwined state, "I can't let anyone keep me away from you, even you yourself."

"Your career-" Jinki started off, only to have his whispers cut off by Jonghyun's determined grin.

"You're more important to me than a million fans, Jinx." Jonghyun assured him, and despite the hesitance he felt, Jinki nodded, and then Jonghyun pulled his hand away and dropped down to one knee, pulling his necklace off so he can take the ring into his hand and show it to the elder, "The last time I got married, I was drunk and couldn't let the rest of the world know just how much I loved my husband, but I refuse to make the same mistake again. Jinki, I know I wasn't the best husband, and it was because of my career that we had to split up, but I love you. I loved you when we first met, and I love you now, and I sure as hell will love you for the rest of my life. Will you marry this idiot again?"

Jinki covered his face so Jonghyun wouldn't see how red it was, and the elder was laughing as he cried, the surprise at the sudden proposal too much for him. Jonghyun laughed gently at the elder, and leaned up to pull his hands away from his face, and as soon as Jinki saw the younger's face, he nodded rapidly and held out his hand.

"I will marry you, Kim Jonghyun." 

And this time, it wouldn't be for either of their benefits.