Truth and Consequences

Order of the Wolf: Insurrection

“Hyung! Hyung, wake up!”

 

Hansol groaned as Byungjoo shook him from his sleep.  It had already been about a month since he graduated and Hansol was in no rush to start the incredibly annoying college application process.

 

“What do you want Byungjoo, it’s like 7 a.m!”

 

“Something big is going on… come into the living room, quick!” Byungjoo replied as he darted from the room.  Hansol scratched his head and lazily followed his brother into the living room before plopping down on the couch with a yawn.  Byungjoo turned up the volume on the TV.

 

“Welcome back to the channel 17 news live report, I’m Anita Anderson.  About an hour ago, a shocking reveal rattled the nation.  A government cover up involving the Arario Boarding Academy was uncovered.  Last year it was reported that the school was destroyed due to a natural gas leak, but apparently that is not the case.  In actuality, a supernatural terrorist group calling themselves The Liberty Corps was responsible for the destruction of the school, as revealed by top secret files from the organization known as BTS.  As a result of this revelation, the nation is in uproar.  As many viewers are aware, there has been a developing sense of trust and peace between humans and supernaturals, but that trust was shattered due to this situation… wait, I’m getting news that the President is about to address the nation as we speak, we take you live to the White House!”

 

Hansol sat on the edge of his seat and his heart nearly burst through his chest.  He was well aware of the lie that was told to keep the peace… but how did anyone find out?

 

“My fellow Americans… I sincerely apologize that I was forced to conspire with BTS to fabricate a lie, but please know that it was done with the best of intentions.  BTS and I have no desire to see our country in upheaval.  With that being said… I think it is best that I officially announce that I will be resigning from office, and BTS has been dissolved.  Again, I apologize for this, and I hope that I can be forgiven,” the president stepped away from the podium and the overwhelming sound of curious reporters filled the air.

 

“Whoa, they’re dissolving BTS!? That can’t be good… what do you think this means Hyung?” Byungjoo asked with wide eyes.

 

“Honestly… I have no idea,” Hansol mumbled.  His phone beeped due to multiple text messages.

 

From: Xero

Are you seeing this right now?

 

From: Hojoon

What the hell is going on? This can’t be real

 

From: Sangdo

I have a bad feeling about this

 

From: Sehyuk

Video chat conference… now

 

Hansol went into his room and grabbed his laptop.  He opened the video chat application and accepted the invitation to the chat group that Sehyuk created.  Byungjoo leaned in close so that he could see the screen.  Soon the screen was filled with 12 other boxes, each containing a confused member of the Order.

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT THIS!?” Jenissi blurted out as soon as he joined the chat.

 

“Calm down Jenissi.  With BTS dissolved and the President out of office, the worst possible scenario is that we get an anti-supernatural president as a replacement… that could cause some serious problems,” Sehyuk said as calmly as possible.  Hansol’s stomach turned as he had a harsh realization.

 

“Guys… the Vice President is Kwon Jiyong… remember he faced all of that backlash for his anti-supernatural comments a few months ago,” Hansol said.  Everyone was silent.

 

“No one panic.  I still have a few political contacts from when I did those political debates last year.  I’ll see if I can set up a meeting with the Vice President and work something out,” Sehyuk replied

 

“If that doesn’t work out… I say we prepare for war,” Sanggyun said.

 

“Hopefully it won’t come to that,” Kidoh quickly interjected.  Hansol sure hoped he was right…

-----------------------------------

Jiyong tapped his fingers anxiously on his desk.  He was disgusted that the man he once looked up to participated in a cover up to protect those freaks of nature.

 

While he may have been disgusted… he was not surprised.  In fact, he had prepared for this.  Jiyong took his key ring from his pocket and unlocked the bottom drawer of his file cabinet.  Inside was a secret file labeled, “Project: Safeguard”.  He sat down at his desk and dialed the first phone number listed on the sheet of paper.

 

“Hello this is the Stonegate Maximum Security Correctional Facility right?  This is Vice President Kwon.  I was wondering if you happen to have a prisoner by the name of Ahn Jaehyo.  You do?  Wonderful… just wonderful,”

 

Jiyong smiled to himself… things were about to change.  Soon the world’s supernatural population would be nothing more than a distant memory.