Rescue Mission

Order of the Wolf: Insurrection

“So can we go over this again?” Sanggyun asked.  The three knights along with Hyeontae and the BTS operatives were in the back of a black truck speeding toward Washington DC.  Jimin managed to sneak them out after forging a document stating that they were being transferred to another facility. After a relatively short flight on BTS’ private jet, they were getting close to their destination.

 

“We’re gonna get as close to The White House as possible and I’ll teleport us inside. We’ll rescue Sohee and get whatever incriminating evidence we can find, then we get the hell out of there,” Jimin explained.

 

“Is there any chance we’ll survive?” Nakta jokingly asked.

 

“I predict a thirty percent chance of survival, and that’s the optimistic projection… remember when we stormed that Blockbuster facility? Yeah, that was child’s play compared to how dangerous this is,” Jungkook said, shaking his head.  It was no secret that he thought the entire plan was idiotic.

 

“Damn… dude I was kidding,” Nakta replied.

 

“We won’t fail… that’s not even an option. President Kwon is going down,” Hyeontae said softly, the bitterness evident in his voice.

 

“We need to split into teams, the rescue team and the evidence team.  The rescue team will focus on finding Sohee and the evidence team will hack into the President’s private computer.  The two teams will rendezvous outside and we’ll all teleport back to the truck,” Jungkook said.

 

“I think the rescue team should have a serious punch in case things go wrong… Nakta, Jungkook, Taehyung and the new guy Hoseok would be the best fit for that. Jimin, Hyeontae, Sanggyun and I will get the evidence,” Kidoh suggested.

 

“What!? Hell no Kidoh! There’s no way I’m gonna be on the evidence team when my sister’s life is in danger!” Hyeontae snapped.

 

“That’s exactly why you shouldn’t be on that team! You’re too emotional, you’ll end up screwing the whole thing up!” Kidoh put a hand on Hyeontae’s shoulder, “Listen Hyeontae, I know that Sohee is extremely important to you, but trust me, we will save her,”

 

Hyeontae sighed.

 

“All right Kidoh… I trust you. Just please… please don’t let me down,” Hyeontae said.

 

“We’re close to The White House, we should get ready,” Jungkook spoke up.  The truck pulled into in alley and everyone got out.

 

“Remember, we don’t have any wizards covering us with force fields, so we have to be careful,” Sanggyun reminded the team.

 

“Really Sanggyun? I must say, I’m disappointed in you,” Nakta said, shaking his head.

 

“Why?”

 

“We’re Knights dude! For hundreds of years we’ve defended ourselves with nothing more than iron shields! And now, thanks to BTS we have something a bit stronger than iron,” Nakta replied, holding up his wrist to show off the metallic bracelet Jimin had given everyone.  With the press of a button, the bracelets would generate an electromagnetic field that would repel most gunfire except at close range.

 

“I know that, but we shouldn’t be overly reliant on these things… we still need to be careful,” Sanggyun said.

 

“He’s right. One false move and none of us get out alive,” Kidoh said with a grim look on his face.

 

“Is everyone ready?” Jimin asked.  Everyone nodded and joined hands before disappearing from the alleyway in a puff of smoke.  Seconds later they were in the ballroom of The White House… a place most people only got to see in photos.

 

“I know we’re here for an important mission, but this room is beautiful,” Taehyung whispered.

 

“No time to take in the sights… Hoseok, X-Ray the place and see if you can find where Sohee is being kept. Evidence team, come with me to the Oval Office,” Jimin ordered.  The teams split up and Hoseok activated his X-Ray visor.

 

“From what I can see, there’s a bunker beneath the house… the elevator behind that bookcase should allow us to access it,” Hoseok said as he scanned the room.

 

“Who the hell are those kids!? Get them!” shouted a secret service agent as he and a group of others rushed into the room, aiming their guns.

 

“Activate magnetic fields! Nakta, move that bookcase!” Jungkook shouted.  Everyone their bracelets as the agents opened fire, sending their bullets bouncing around the room.  Taehyung didn’t miss his moment as he jumped into combat, using his superior strength to hurl multiple agents across the room.  Jungkook zipped from one agent to the next with super speed, knocking them out with little effort.

 

“Got the bookcase, let’s move!” Nakta yelled as the team filed into the elevator. 

 

“Wow, this is really exciting!” Hoseok grinned from ear to ear as the elevator stopped on the lower level.  The secret bunker was filled with tons of high tech equipment, including anti-energy rifles and disruptor field generators.  In the center of the room was a large pod, not unlike the ones BTS once used.

 

“Sohee has to be in that stasis pod,” Nakta said.  Jungkook walked over to the small computer console and examined it.

 

“We can’t open it without a special password… if we try it’ll force poisonous gas into the pod,”

 

“What if we overload the power and force it to open?” Hoseok suggested.

 

“Good idea, but how do we do that?” Nakta wondered aloud.

 

“Leave it to me,” Hoseok said as he closed his eyes and concentrated.  A surge of electricity coursed through his forearms and he shot a bolt of lightning directly at the pod.

 

“Stasis pod integrity jeopardized, summoning secret service to tech bunker A,” called a computerized voice over the intercom.

 

“! Hoseok, focus on the pod, we’ll hold off the guards!” Jungkook yelled as agents flooded the room, firing a hailstorm of bullets.  Most of the bullets were being deflected, but some of them managed to get through the field… one even caught Nakta in the shoulder.

 

“Ah! I’m hit!” He screamed, falling backwards onto the ground.  Taehyung ran straight into the fray, striking hard, taking out ten of them without really trying. Jungkook sped past them, taking their weapons from them before they could react, allowing Taehyung to pound them into submission.

 

“Done! Pod overloaded,” Hoseok said as the pod opened.  Sohee fell to the ground, unconscious.  Hoseok picked her up and Jungkook and Taehyung helped Nakta stand.

 

“We need to get the hell out of here before more agents arrive. Then we can get you some medical attention,” Jungkook said.

 

“Wait a second guys… we can’t just leave with all this anti-energy tech in tact. We’ve gotta destroy this bunker,” Taehyung said grimly. Hoseok and Jungkook didn’t reply, but they knew he was right.

 

“Nakta, take Sohee and get outside to the rendezvous point. We’ll set explosive charges and meet you when we’re done,” Jungkook ordered.  Nakta put Sohee over his good shoulder and nodded as he hastily made his exit.

 

“Jungkook… you know we aren’t getting out of here,” Taehyung said as he retrieved the charges from his backpack.

 

“I know, but if I told Nakta that he would’ve wasted time trying to change our minds. Now, Hoseok seal that elevator door so the agents don’t interrupt us,”

 

Hoseok followed Jungkook’s orders and melted the door shut with a lightning blast.

 

“Let’s do this,” Taehyung said with a sigh.

---------------

Nakta managed to slip past the guards thanks to his stealth training and now he was hiding behind the bushes with Sohee, waiting on the others. He felt the ground rumble with the force of an explosion.  It only took a moment for the realization to hit him…

 

“Oh no… they didn’t,” he tried to convince himself, but he knew the truth.  Jungkook, Taehyung and Hoseok sacrificed themselves to destroy the Alpha Team technology.  He had to make sure their sacrifice wasn’t in vain...

----------------

Most of the secret service agents had been called down to the tech bunker, which meant that the evidence team met little resistance when they broke into the Oval Office.  The president himself was nowhere to be found…

 

“Damn it… this computer’s locked up tight,” Jimin said under his breath.

 

“Allow me,” Hyeontae replied, taking a seat at the desk.  Within seconds, he was through the security systems, “Oh man… there’s so much here.  Records of how Alpha Team took our technology and modified it, the plans for the separation communities and even evidence that the president pardoned the Blockbuster scientific advisor, Taeil… I bet the news outlets would love to get their hands on these records,” Hyeontae said with a devious grin.

 

“Download it and let’s get the hell out of here,” Kidoh nervously replied, constantly checking the door.

 

“No need to download it.  I’m sending it to every major news website in the country; in just a few seconds, the president’s dirty laundry will be completely exposed…. It’s done! Now, let’s move!” Hyeontae said as he and the others rushed from the office.  They were immediately met with about ten armed agents.

 

Kidoh immediately went on the offensive, striking the agents with his electric stun baton as they fruitlessly fired their weapons.  When the threat was cleared, they moved on to the rendezvous point where they found Nakta waiting.

 

“Where are the others?” Jimin wondered.

 

“They… sacrificed themselves to blow up the bunker…” Nakta said softly.  Jimin’s eyes widened.

 

“That’s what that tremor was… Well… we need to get moving,” he replied as the group joined hands.  They disappeared just as more agents swarmed the field.