Unlocked

Order of the Wolf: Insurrection

Most nights inside the facility were loud and violent… but this night was still and calm… but definitely not in a good way.

 

Sohee was crouched on a rooftop, looking at the entry point.  There were only a few more minutes before the guards changed shifts and all they had to do was find a way to open the door.  Luckily, Yano had a plan.  Sohee watched as he casually strolled in front of the door and looked up at the wall mounted camera… before throwing a large stone at it, destroying it on impact.  An alarm sounded and Yano took off running as fast as he could.  The door slowly slid open and a group of guards rushed out to chase him down.

 

“Now’s our chance,” Sohee whispered to Hyeontae who was at her side.  The two of them jumped down onto a lower rooftop and then down to the ground before slipping inside the door just as it closed.  Once they were in, they needed a place to hide.

 

“Look Sohee, those lockers don’t have tags on them, they must be unclaimed,” Hyeontae said softly.  Sohee nodded and they quickly hid inside the lockers before the guards returned.

 

“That little bastard was fast… now we have to fix the damn camera,”

 

“That’ll be next shift’s problem. It’s quitting time boys,”

 

Sohee held her breath anxiously as the guards retrieved their belongings and exited the room.  She knew they had about five minutes before the next shift was due to punch in.  She and Hyeontae emerged from their hiding places and ran over to the computer console.  Hyeontae hacked it in a matter of seconds.

 

“Boring data stuff blah blah blah… wait what’s this? According to this e-mail… oh no,” Hyeontae’s expression darkened as he read the words on screen.  

 

“What is it?” Sohee wondered, nervously checking behind her.

 

“In just a few weeks… dad is sending an airship to wipe out the entire facility… an airship I designed. If successful, the airship will be replicated and the same thing will happen all over the country…  It’ll be nearly unstoppable, especially since no one here has powers anymore.  The only reason I never built it is because I didn’t have the resources and frankly, it was a bit too violent for my liking anyway,” Hyeontae explained.  Sohee’s heart sank; what the hell were they gonna do.

 

“Kwon Sohee?” asked a voice from behind them, which startled them both.  Sohee turned around to see two young men that looked incredibly familiar, even though she couldn’t place their faces.

 

“I’m Andy and that’s Leon.  We’re the leaders of Alpha Team and we’re here to deliver you to your father, President Kwon Jiyong.,” said the slightly shorter one.

 

“Not gonna happen,” Hyeontae said, swinging a fist at Leon who immediately dodged it.  Leon grabbed Hyeontae’s arm and twisted it behind his back with one hand while opening the door to the outside with the other hand.  He knocked Hyeontae unconscious before effortlessly tossing him outside and closing the door behind him.

 

Sohee was officially in panic mode… if Hyeontae couldn’t take them out with his martial arts skills, there would be no way she could dispatch them without her powers.  She reluctantly surrendered, allowing handcuffs to be secured around her wrists.

 

“Don’t worry Sohee, we won’t hurt you,” Andy assured her.

 

“It’s not you I’m worried about…”

----------------------

Hansol was torn from his sleep by the sounds of screaming.  He jumped up immediately and rushed into the main room of the warehouse where Hyeontae was frantically telling Sehyuk something that sounded important and Yano was pacing back and forth anxiously.

 

“What’s going on!?” Hansol demanded.

 

“Apparently Sohee was captured last night by the leaders of Alpha Team… And that’s not all, apparently there’s some kind of airship coming to wipe us all out,” Sehyuk said.  Hansol could practically feel Hyeontae’s anger.

 

“What should we do? We’re stuck in this place for the time being,” Hansol mumbled to himself.  Before either Sehyuk or Hyeontae could respond, there was a forceful knock on the warehouse door.  Sehyuk opened it slowly and his eyes widened when he saw who it was. 

 

Jimin of BTS…

 

“Jimin!? What the hell are you doing in here? And why are you dressed like one of the guards?” Yano asked as Jimin came inside carrying a supply crate.

 

“Well I came to drop off these supplies for you guys and to tell you that me, Jungkook, Taehyung and a new operative, Hoseok, are here posing as guards.  We just got in last night.  In a few days, we’ll be able to get you out of here,” Jimin replied with a smile.

 

“That’s perfect, then we can rescue Sohee!” Hyeontae shouted.

 

“Wait I’m confused… I thought BTS was dissolved?” Hansol wondered aloud.

 

“That’s the official story.  In actuality we just went underground… literally.  All of our tech and equipment was moved to a top secret bunker in Minnesota.  We’ve been formulating a plan to bust you guys out of here,”

 

It was like Hansol heard what Jimin was saying, but at the same time he hadn’t… his head was feeling incredibly fuzzy.  He started to lose his balance so he held on to one of the support pillars.

 

“Hansol you okay… oh my god, your hair!” Sehyuk stared in disbelief.  Hansol’s black hair was slowly lightening until it was as white as freshly fallen snow… and then in a massive outward power surge, his collar was destroyed, falling to the ground in shattered pieces. 

 

He felt whole again, as if a missing piece had returned. His Ancestral Magic had officially manifested.   Sehyuk and Hyeontae were incredibly happy, but Jimin had a look of pure anxiety on his face.

 

“No, no, no! The collars are all linked to a registry system, the guards will know if one of them is destroyed or deactivated!” Jimin looked around nervously.  Hansol had to think quickly.  The deception spell! It would make people see whatever he wanted them to see.  He performed it just as a group of guards rushed inside, aiming their guns.  They looked confused for a moment but then they lowered their weapons.

 

“The system said that collar was offline,” one of them said, clearly not understanding what was happening.

 

“Must’ve been a malfunction, looks fine to me,” Jimin replied with a nonchalant shrug.  The guards seemed to buy it and left.

 

“How did you do that?” Hyeontae asked.

 

“Deception spell.  I just altered their image of me so that they’d see the collar around my neck and black hair,” Hansol said with a cheeky grin… it felt great to have his power back.

 

“It’ll be best if you don’t deactivate the other collars yet.  The guards will believe that it’s a simple malfunction if it’s just one collar… but not if it’s a bunch of them,” Jimin warned.

“Well now that you have your powers back, let’s teleport to the white house and get Sohee back!” Hyeontae said with extreme excitement.

 

“Bad idea… I’m sure the white house has all kinds of anti-supernatural security measures. If we’re gonna rescue Sohee, we’re gonna need to take the stealthy approach.  Luckily we know a few knights who’d be incredibly helpful in that regard,” Sehyuk said with a grin.

 

“But if I can’t teleport them inside, how will they get there?” Hansol wondered.

 

“BTS can help with that,” Jimin assured him.

 

“If the knights are going, so am I,” Hyeontae demanded. Sehyuk nodded in agreement.

 

“Alright, tonight we rescue Sohee and then we come up with a plan to fight that airship,” Sehyuk said.

 

“Wait… wouldn’t it make more sense to have Hansol teleport everyone out?” Yano asked.

 

“Yeah, with my new Ancestral Magic, I’ll have enough power to teleport hundreds of people at once,” Hansol chimed in.  Just as he spoke, Hyukjae appeared before him.

 

“No Hansol… if you try to use that much power all at once, you could tear apart the fabric of reality.  You’ll have to train to use your newfound power first,”

 

Hansol sighed.

 

“Scratch that. My ancestor says I can’t use that much power all at once… at least not yet. But it should only take a few days to learn how to control it enough to pull off a mass teleportation,”

 

“That sounds like a plan,” Sehyuk agreed.  Hansol smiled.

 

The Order of the Wolf was finally back in action.