Raging Dreams

Order of the Wolf: Insurrection

A light rain coated the rocky Cliffside as Hansol stood on a ledge, overlooking an intense battle.  The fight seemed to rage between two, incredibly powerful wizards whom he’d never seen before.  Just as the taller wizard turned to reveal his face, Hansol heard Byungjoo’s voice…

 

“Hyung… hyung wake up, we got a food drop,”

 

Hansol rubbed his eyes and immediately tried to make sense of his dream.  He’d been having similar dreams for the past week, but he couldn’t seem to understand them.

 

He rolled off the metal bench that he’d claimed as his bed and yawned.  It had been three incredibly stressful weeks.  The first few days in the separation community were brutal; it was a serious struggle to adapt to the new surroundings.  Not long after Hansol and his friends managed to make themselves semi-comfortable (living in an abandoned warehouse) the other supernaturals were brought in.  Men, women and children alike, young and old now filled the area. 

 

In the relatively short time since their arrival, many of the younger inhabitants had split off into rival factions; The West End Wizards, The Raging Lions, and The Circle of Flames.  Even though none of them could access their powers, they were still prideful of their race and refused to coexist peacefully.  This quickly led to the rise of miniature wars for control of certain areas, food, extra clothing and medical supplies.

 

Hansol followed Byungjoo out of the back room of the warehouse and into the main area, where the other members were gathered around a large crate.

 

“Good morning sunshine,” Sangdo said with a grin as he cracked open the crate with a rusty crowbar.  The boys sorted the contents into three groups; food/water, clothing, and medical supplies.  They then divided up the food into rations for each individual member, with the dragons taking the biggest portion due to their insatiable hunger. 

 

Moments later, Jiwon walked in.  It was honestly the first time Hansol noticed he wasn’t there.

 

“Guys, bad news.  The Raging lions are sending some muscle over here to take our food,” he said, out of breath.  He must’ve run back to the warehouse as soon as he’d heard.

 

“That’s no surprise,” Xero spoke up, “No one’s had the balls to attack us yet, but it was only a matter of time,”

 

“Don’t worry you guys!  Anyone they send, we can handle,” Nakta said, taking a sip from a water bottle.

 

“It’s not that simple Nakta.  If we engage any of the gangs in direct combat, we’ll be making serious enemies… we need to find a diplomatic solution,” Sehyuk replied.  Nakta rolled his eyes.

 

“You’re with me, right Kidoh?” he wondered, shooting his puppy dog eyes at Kidoh.

 

“Sorry bro, I’m with Sehyuk on this one.  We shouldn’t fight unless it’s absolutely necessary,”

 

Before anyone else could say a word, someone banged on the door.

 

“This is Jackson Wang, unofficial leader of The Raging Lions! Open up or I’ll... I’ll… do something that you probably won’t like!”

 

Sehyuk cautiously opened the door, revealing the relatively short young man with even shorter hair.  He was quite muscular despite his short stature, and although he was trying to look intimidating, Hansol could tell that he was no threat.

 

“Listen, we don’t want to fight you, but we’re not giving you our food,” Sehyuk said in an even tone.  One of the other guys behind Jackson pouted, and the other looked like he was no older than twelve… this was the “muscle” that they sent?

 

Jackson visibly deflated at Sehyuk’s words, and his facial expression shifted from tough to anxious in a matter of moments.

 

“Listen man; just give us some food, please! If you don’t, Kohvu will kill us!” Jackson pleaded.

 

“Kohvu? Who’s that?” Sangdo wondered aloud as he walked over to the doorway.

 

“Well see… you remember when I said that I was the unofficial leader of The Raging Lions? Well, Kohvu is the official leader,”

 

“There’s no one out there as crazy as he is,” said the little one.  He shuddered as if he was reliving some horrible memory.

 

“Alright, we’ll give you some of our food, but you owe us a favor that we can call in at any time… got it?” Sehyuk said, waving for someone to bring him the food.  Seogoong rushed it over to him and Jackson smiled widely.

 

“Thanks dude, you won’t regret this I swear!” he shouted as he and the other two ran off.

 

“I must say, that was one of the dumbest things you’ve ever done,” Jenissi said softly, shaking his head in disgust.

 

“I’m sorry Jenissi, do you think you’d be a better leader?” Sehyuk snapped.

 

“I’d be a smarter one, that’s for sure,”

 

“Will you both calm down? The last thing we need is to be fighting each other right now.  There’s plenty of opposition for us to deal with as it is,” Hansol demanded.  Surprisingly both Sehyuk and Jenissi listened to him.

 

There were a few moments of awkward silence before Hansol noticed someone standing next to Byungjoo who hadn’t been there before.  He was a bit taller than Byungjoo, and he had shoulder length white hair.  His clothes looked incredibly old, actually ancient would be a much better term.

 

“Who the heck are you!?” Hansol blurted out, causing everyone to give him a weird look.

 

“Hansol… who are you talking to?” Xero asked.

 

“Him!” Hansol replied as if it was obvious, but when he looked up, the man was gone…

 

“Hyung, I think you may need a bit more sleep,” Byungjoo said.  Hansol rubbed his eyes and scratched his head in confusion… Maybe Byungjoo was right?

------------------------------

Sohee sighed from boredom as her car inched forward ever so slightly.  She and Hyeontae had been stuck in traffic for over an hour, and she was beginning to lose patience.  She caught a glimpse of her new, jet black hair in the rear view mirror.  It would definitely take some getting used to.  Hyeontae was absent-mindedly playing games on his phone when Sohee saw something troubling up ahead…

 

A Supernatural checkpoint, organized by Alpha Team… That explained the hold up.

 

“Hyeontae, we have to teleport past that checkpoint,” Sohee said, preparing to perform the spell.

 

“Wait, don’t!  Look up there,” Hyeontae said, pointing at a strange floating object in the sky.  It looked almost like a large toy helicopter, but there was a bright red light on it.

 

“What is that thing?” Sohee asked.

 

“It’s a mobile dampener field… it will not only block any magic used within 100 feet of it, but it’ll also send an alert signal,”

 

“Let me guess, you designed that too?” Sohee accusingly asked.  Hyeontae gave an apologetic nod.  Sohee sank down in her chair… she was gonna have to come up with one heck of a plan if they were gonna make it out of this one…