Taken

Order of the Wolf: Insurrection

Hansol’s heart was pounding in his ears as he stared at the television with wide eyes.  According to the news, the new President was about to make some sort of announcement… there was no telling what was about to happen. 

 

The screen quickly cut to President Kwon, standing in front of a room of reporters, surrounded by the secret service.

 

“Following the attack on Arario by the Liberty Corps and the subsequent rise of supernatural riots, we have no choice but to take drastic action.  In exactly one week, all supernatural citizens will be expected to report to our state of the art Separation Communities.  There will be one in the capital city of every state.  Anyone who does not adhere to this newly passed legislation will be rounded up by the Alpha Team, led by Andy and Leon,” President Kwon said, motioning to the two young men standing behind him.

 

The room immediately exploded with questions.

 

“Mr. President, what will these Separation Communities be like?” asked a young blonde reporter.

 

“I can assure you that the residents will be quite comfortable.  The purpose of these communities is to allow Supernaturals to live away from normal humans, at least until we can find a more permanent solution to our problem,” the President replied.

 

“You implied that those who choose not to follow this legislation will be forcefully brought in… isn’t that a little extreme?”

 

“While it does sadden me that such measures will be enforced, I must say that given the violent history of supernaturals, we cannot allow this legislation to simply be ignored,”

 

Byungjoo turned of the TV and threw the remote down.

 

“Is he out of his ing mind!?” he screamed.

 

“Kim Byungjoo, watch your mouth!” their mother ordered, but Byungjoo ignored her.  Hansol couldn’t even respond… he had a terrible feeling about all of this.  He honestly couldn’t believe that Congress passed this new law.  Surely the public wouldn’t support it… would they?  People have been known to go along with horrible things when they are desperate and frightened… just ask World War 2 era Germany…

 

Clearly Sehyuk’s plans to talk with the President fell through.    But before Hansol could think on that any more, his front door burst open, causing his mother to shriek.  Men in black, armored suits rushed in carrying rifles.

 

“Kim Hansol and Kim Byungjoo under direct order of President Kwon, you two are to come with us.

 

“Now wait just a minute, who the hell do you think you are?” their mother protested.

 

“We are Alpha Team unit 11-A.  We were sent to collect the two of them,”

 

“No way,” Byungjoo said, raising his hand.  Hansol quickly grabbed him.

 

“Byungjoo don’t!  Those rifles… they’re just like the ones Blockbuster invented…” Hansol whispered.  Byungjoo’s eyes widened when he realized that Hansol was right.

 

“If we go with you, do you promise not to hurt our mother?” Byungjoo wondered.  The one who seemed to be in charge nodded.

 

“Fine, we’ll go with you,” Hansol said, giving his mother a reassuring look… even though he was terrified.  The men took them outside and into the back of a black van.  Hansol looked away to avoid his mother’s tearful gaze as the doors shut.  One of them men was sure to keep his gun aimed at them as the van pulled off.

“Where are you taking us?” Hansol demanded.

 

“To Sacramento; the President wanted you and the other members of the Order of the Wolf to be brought in first, before everyone else.  The only remaining member of the Liberty Corps, Kwon Sohee is also being sought after,”

 

“All of the other members? What about, Kidoh, Nakta and Sanggyun? They’re human,”

 

“We know, but they’re too closely affiliated with the rest of you.  We can’t run the risk that they’ll try to break you out,”

 

“Why would they need to break us out?  The President said that the communities wont be bad,” Byungjoo spoke up.  The man laughed.

 

“Don’t believe everything you hear on TV kid,”

 

With those words Hansol’s heart sank… he had no idea what was in store for him…

---------------------------------------

Jiyong loosened his tie as he sat down at his desk.  He glanced around the Oval Office and smiled; his plan was finally coming to fruition.  Thanks to Jaehyo of Blockbuster, he had the technology to make his dream of an anti-supernatural task force a reality.  His teams of scientists were also able to modify some designs found at the former Liberty Corps headquarters… everything was slowly but surely falling into place.

 

Soon every supernatural in America would be in a Separation Community with a neutralizer collar around their neck.  And once that part was done, the truly brilliant part of his plan could begin…