The Plan

Order of the Wolf: Insurrection

Jiyong looked over the blueprints that had just been placed on his desk.  He scratched his head in confusion for a moment, before finally giving up.

 

“Taeil, what the hell is this supposed to be?” he asked, glaring at the short scientist in front of him.  Taeil let out a sigh before snatching the blueprints off the desk.

 

“It’s an airship sir… designed by the Liberty Corps kid, Hyeontae.  It’s the final thing Alpha Team was able to recover from their old headquarters.  The basic design needs a little work, but I’m sure if you give me a few days I can make some improvements, and it can be operational by the end of next month,”

 

“You’ll have to work faster than that.  I want this airship operational in two weeks.  After that you may have an additional week to test it out, then we can mount the attack on the Sacramento Facility,” Jiyong snapped.  Taeil’s eyes widened in shock, but he knew better than to refute the president’s requests.

 

“Yes sir… but may I ask, what exactly where you planning to tell the public about the destruction of the Sacramento Facility?” he raised a curious eyebrow.  Jiyong chuckled softly before turning his chair around, facing the large window.

 

“I will simply tell them that the inhabitants attempted a violent uprising and they had to be put down.  I will use this little white lie to convince the public that these creatures are terribly dangerous, and demand that they all be executed,” Jiyong said with a sinister grin.

 

“Do you really think the public will support that?” Taeil wondered.

 

“Trust me Taeil, all it takes is the right choice of words, and the public will do whatever I say,”

 

Taeil didn’t have a chance to respond before the Alpha Team leaders, Andy and Leon rushed into the Oval Office.

 

“Mr. President, Kwon Sohee has been caught and relocated to the Sacramento Separation Community.  How would you like for us to proceed?” Andy asked.

 

“At first I was going to allow my daughter to perish along with the other supernaturals… but now I think it’s more fitting if I oversee her execution myself.  I want you two to go to Sacramento and bring her back to me, and make it quick,” Jiyong ordered.  Andy and Leon nodded and exited the room.  It wasn’t long before they were on a specialized Alpha Team jet.

 

“I know we aren’t supposed to question the Commander in Chief, but I can’t believe he wants to watch his own daughter die… this guy’s sick,” Leon said, shaking his head in disgust.  Andy sighed and nodded in agreement.

 

“You’re right, but we have our orders.  Let’s just get the girl and bring her back to him, then we can just do our best to forget about this whole thing,”

 

“Forget? How the hell are we supposed to forget it Andy?  These are the lives of millions of innocent people!  He’s planning to kill all of them, not just his daughter!”

 

“I know that Leon! But like I said, these are our orders, it’s no different from when we had to assassinate that twelve year old prince, or when we had to bomb that small Chinese village.  I hated doing those things, but we are soldiers and a soldier never disobeys their orders,” Andy said sternly.  Leon didn’t say a word, he simply gazed out the window and let his mind get lost in the clouds.

-----------------------

“Wait, you want us to do what now?” Jenissi asked with wide, disbelieving eyes.  Sohee rolled her eyes.

 

“It’s simple, we arrived here last night at 3:30 AM, and the guards were changing shifts.  That will give us the perfect opportunity to sneak into the entrance room and hack their computers to find out what they’re planning!”

 

“That sounds like the perfect opportunity to get ourselves killed,” Sangdo replied.

 

“I’m with Sangdo, that’s a stupid plan,” Sanggyun said, shaking his head.

 

“Sorry Sohee, no deal,” Sehyuk and the others turned their backs to her and went on about their daily activities.  Hansol attempted to approach Sohee, but she ran off in disgust and frustration.  She sat down on an overturned trashcan right outside the warehouse door and sighed to herself.  How the hell were they supposed to escape if no one wanted to listen to her plans?

 

“I’ll go along with your plan,” said someone in a soft voice.  Sohee looked up to see Yano standing over her.  He looked the same as she remembered, except with an eye patch, but something about him felt very very different.

 

“You will? It’s really dangerous,”

 

“I know, but I don’t care.  I want to get out of here, and if I die trying, who cares?”

 

Sohee’s eyes widened.  She patted the ground next to the trashcan, urging Yano to sit and he did.

 

“Something really bad happened to you didn’t it?  You don’t have to tell me what it was, but I want you to know something; bad things happen to good people all the time, it’s just the way this messed up world works.  The true test of character is how those people deal with those bad things.  I know that you’re feeling hopeless right now Yano, but getting yourself killed won’t fix things,”

 

Yano’s ears perked up at Sohee’s words.

 

“Honestly, deep down, I know I don’t want to die.  I just want revenge! Those bastards took my sister from me, and there’s nothing I can do.  I killed a couple of them… but even that didn’t make me feel better, it only made me feel… guilty,” Yano admitted.  Sohee scratched behind his ear, and he tensed up at first, but relaxed after a second.

 

“That’s why I personally choose not to kill my enemies, all it does is add to your pain rather than healing it.  I’ll tell you what kitty, if you help Hyeontae and I hack into the guard’s computer, I’ll personally make sure that you’re the one to take down President Kwon… that’ll be the sweetest revenge of all,” Sohee said with a smile.  Yano smiled back at her (his first smile in a long time) and nodded.

 

“You know, you remind me a lot of Hansol.  Sometimes it feels like he’s sickeningly perfect, but then I remember all that he had to go through to get to the place he’s at now.  You’ve been through a lot too haven’t you Sohee?” Yano asked.  Sohee’s smile faded a bit, but then she simply nodded her head.

 

“Yeah, I have… but soon, all of my… our suffering will be worth it,”